“Can someone enlighten me as to why this is called a resort?”

New Moon Resort & Hostel
Ranked #173 of 263 Speciality Lodging in Milan
London, United Kingdom
“Can someone enlighten me as to why this is called a resort?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

This HOSTEL is pretty average. It's very bare but you can see they have tried desperately to fit in with trendy Milan.

The rooms were spacious and nice but the private bathrooms were horrible. Extremely unclean looking with a mouldy shower and no soap in the bathrooms at all.

There was free parking which was good but that was about it really. The breakfast in the morning was rationed out - one croissant and one warm drink. Not that I need much more but its always nice to have the option.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at New Moon with two friends for one night as we made our way to Venice. The hostel itself was clean, safe, and quiet. The lobby was lovely and the wifi fast. Unfortunately the hostel was VERY difficult to find. The website did not provide very good directions. The gentleman who was at the desk upon our arrival was wonderful and pleasant, however the night desk clerk was very rude to us several times. All in all, as a stopover point, it suited our needs, however I would not return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Way out.Dirty loo and shower. Trains screeching by all hours. Noisy corridors. Cheap plastic cup/dispensible coffee/tea and one croissant breakfast. The photo is a facade of what this place is to experience. Very rude staff. No customer safety or service.No phone in rooms. Long and isolating corridors. Not for the sensitive!! Avoid. Don't spoil holiday. Opposite my room the police were called in!!

Room Tip: I never saw one. The communal area...not the reception is OK but you don't have to sleep there.A...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The resort is difficult to locate. The staff is not friendly. They seem to keep watch on your every activity inside the lobby and the common area. They claim to serve breakfast as well but it's just a single piece of croissant and coffee. And they aren't happy when you stand in front of the coffee machine for the second time. The only positive about the place is it's big common area, where they have couches and TVs and it's the only area where you get the free-WiFi connection. And despite their "not-so-low" charges, you have to ask for everything. Moreover, there's no kitchen. We booked for 4 persons and what we got could hardly accommodate 3.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed in this hostel just one night. I stayed in room for four people (I came there with my friends) and I was surprised how clean and well equipped it was. I didn't expect the TV or wardrobe.
I appreciate the private bathroom and wifi.
I read the reviews where people complained about noise (trams and trains) but I didnt hear anything. The liitle noise was coming from other rooms but what to expect from hostel full of young people? :) There were complaints about missing sheets, pillows and blankets. Unfortunatelly we had also only 2 blankets and 2 pillows (in room for four!) so we asked for more and there was no problem to get some.
Dont expect rich italian breakfast. It is onlysimple croissant and coffe from machine but again, for that price it was nice we even got something.
Location is also not bad. It is not in historical centre but I would say it is still in wider center of Milan. Tram stop is aroun 200 meters far away and you can reach the city center directly in 15minutes.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kajkanka
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

It is really an upmarket youth hostel but without a kitchen, a bar that didn't open a lift that was the only way of getting upstairs that didn't work very well. Taking a 20 euro key deposit is just tacky, though there was no problem getting it back "Breakfast" consisted of coffee from a machine- quite nice- and a single sugary croissant- the lack of choice showed to me owners who don't care or think- room very noisy from nearby trams. Blankets and towels not provided. Free parking though. Not impressive.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard C
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Me and my friend stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in october. The price for a triple room for this duration was brilliant. We only ate the breakfast the last day we were there and it is very basic, a croissant a a hot drink from a machine, but for the price I wouldn't expect much more. The room was very clean, sheets were changed everyday. Yes towels have to be rented but I'd rather pay 5€ for the towels and shower gel/shampoo than take up more space in a very small suitcase! As for people who say the location isn't great I completely disagree. 5 minute walk to the tram (very easy to find and the reception staff were very helpful in giving us directions) and there is a direct line to the Duomo in the centre of Italy, takes about 20 minutes. If you want a better location then pay more money! Would definitely stay here again if I come back to Milan. Great for a budget holiday!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends