“Extremely Nice Hotel”

Biocity Hotel
Ranked #26 of 430 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Although it is by a train station and in a somewhat "sketchy" neighborhood, this is a fantastic hotel. Being just north of Milano Centrale F.S, it is a long 40 minute walk into the center of Milan. Do not stay here if you want to be within quick walk to downtown.

I only spent one short night but I found the room in immaculate condition and the reception was very helpful. The only bad thing about this hotel is the free WiFi never worked. I was unable to obtain an IP address because the network was so slow. Being in a foreign country, this is very important to me and is why I will choose a different hotel on my next trip to Milan. If you do not need Internet, this is the place to be!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Spencer A

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We booked two rooms for two couples for one night. We all arrived separately from other parts of Europe, Italy and even Australia and from the moment each of us arrived we were all welcomed so warmly. Not only was the hospitality fantastic, the rooms were amazing. I've stayed in 3 stars that are nowhere near this standard! The rooms were new and spotless, the bed very comfortable and the shower fantastic. Breakfast is a simple but substantial affair and very typical of what you would expect in Italy. We will definitely be back, I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in Milan, even if our budget allowed.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is one of the best value small hotels that I've stayed in any major city! a true boutique hotel with a thoroughly modern interior. I chose it because of proximity to the Central Station (about 10 minutes walk) and good TripAdvisor reviews.The bedrooms are a good size and very tastefully decorated in subdued colours. The bed is very comfortable. The bathroom clean and up to date with the best fittings and nice fluffy towels. The large walk-in shower is divine! Air conditioning is fully controllable and works well. The buffet breakfast is a very generous spread with proper coffee, a choice of teas and different types of good quality meats, cakes, breads and jams. I booked through the hotels own website, the booking page is a bit "clunky" and hard to navigate, but it worked and the price was a good deal. The only negative about the hotel is that there is no lift, but the owner will carry your bags for you if you wish.
Top tip, the little pizzaria directly across the steet is a real "hidden gem". I was planning to go further afield, but spotted a long queue for the take away and decided to go in. There was a wonderful buzzing atmosphere and excellent value food.
I will definitely use Biocity Hotel for my future visits to Milan.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank AndrewJonesFoto
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Large and spacious rooms and conveniently located close to the main train station. If I go back to Milan again I am certainly staying at this place. The breakfast is good. The staff is extremely friendly and helped with suggestions of visiting places in Milan and booking cabs. From outside it looks like any other house of the neighbourhood and may not give an idea of the excellent hotel inside. I was impressed by the collection of books in the lounge too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2013

You shouldn't judge a book by its cover. The exterior and one star rating would lead you to believe this is at best, an average hotel. It's actually a real gem for the traveller looking for a very good standard of accommodation in a convenient location in Milan. Ok so it's a 10 min walk from the central station and 15 min underground trip to the main tourist centre of Milan but for us it was a great choice. The room was very modern and high quality with an amazing shower, free wifi and a comfy bed. The room was warm and inviting. The staff couldn't do enough for us and breakfast was plentiful and included in the rate. A great choice, we would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 15 November 2013

64 Euro for a new, modern and styled double room, including not only the minimum, but also extras like stylish furniture, esthetic design, nice desk, wardrobe, minibar, water cooker, flat screen tv, free wireless, pretty details like the mirror, the bath room design... we have never seen anything like this for that price - nowhere. Already coming in, you think you are in a three star hotel, over average three star. Reeding what people critically write below we don't understand: the hotel on its web performance makes no secret about its geographical position (which we still find attractive, as the center and the train station can be reached pretty easily) or the esthetics in the neighbourhood surrounding (who rates a hotel on its surrounding?) And we DO even enjoy walking up the stairs to the first floor where our room sits.
Bravo - well done. You easily pay double or triple for little more (just stayed in hotels in Florence and Bologna).

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Had to stay here due to other hotels being full. Good breakfast with great and unlimited espressos. Not much protein in the breakfast - no eggs but some ham. Great and friendly staff. Rooms very modern and comfortable with sleek bathroom with a shower. I asked why they have only one star and was told it is because they have no elevator. I was on the ground floor so that didn't matter. Wifi worked just fine.

Room Tip: Ground floor