ATAHOTEL The Big Residence
The Yard Hotel(Milan)
US$293
US$236
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$134
Chateau Monfort(Milan)
US$243
US$226
  • Pool
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$125
US$107
US$87
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We were travelling through Milan so only wanted to stay one night. The hotel and our room were 'tired' although the bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever experienced in a hotel! Other review say the rooms are nice, so maybe ours just needed a redecoration. We arrived very late as our train had been delayed, and there was nothing in the room at all, not even water. It may have been unfortunate that it was Sunday night, maybe on other nights there would be some room service. There are some nice restaurants just nearby, but we didn't want to trek off at midnight, so be warned. The room was clean and serviceable. The hotel is just a few minutes walk from Garibaldi station and an easy metro ride to central Milan. Our advice would be to bring in food if you want something in the room, and ask to see the room before taking it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
GMTheBig, Direttore at ATAHOTEL The Big Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to contact us and focus your attention to some basic and essential features in order to improve our quality service at Atahotel The Big.

I would like to thank you for such genuine positive comment showed us regarding your experience in our Hotel in order to state further stimulations.

Since our very first aim is focused on our guests' satisfaction, your positive experience will be a significant witness of your previous stay.

It will be then a real impressive improvement for any other future guest to benefit from. We will definitely make reference to your suggestion in order to profitably improve our standards.

I am glad you have enjoyed your stay and hope to have the opportunity to host you once again to our Atahotel The Big.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

The outside of this hotel looks cheap; the lobby doesn’t look much better. However, what really matters—the room—is awesome. My room was big, clean, and comfortable. The bathroom was "American-sized." Overall, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend in Milano. It's a big nice hotel, the room was really huge! with a kitchen and a separate living room. There were no dishes in the kitchen though, so I didn't use it.

The staff was very friendly but there were a couple of drawbacks. The fitness center didn't work, I was looking for a plug adapter, the hotel didn't have a spear one, that is quite weird for an international big hotel like that. So I ended up charging my phone at the receptionist.
Breakfast was very good on the top floor.

The Casa Como area nearby is also a nice place. In general the hotel is situated in a good location. I walked to the Duomo, it took me around 20 minutes.

Room Tip: - ask for a room facing the cathedral! Otherwise you will see a huge construction spot.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 March 2013

A colleague and I needed a place to stay for the month in Milan, and it was harder to find apartment rentals than we had expected, so we ended up staying at Atahotel The Big instead. I had a one-bedroom suite and she had a two-bedroom. Our suites were spacious and comfortable... my bedroom actually had two twin beds in it (some of the one-bedroom suites had one larger bed, but I wanted to allow for the possibility of friends coming to visit while I was there). The living room has ample workspace, with both a dining table and a rather large desk. Both the bedroom and living room have tvs, although only the living room has a (small-ish) flatscreen while the bedroom has one of the old-school tvs. Kitchenette was equipped with necessary basic cookware/serving ware. Bathroom was small, but had a large tub/shower combo. My colleague's suite had a washing machine as well, although mine did not. The suites were cleaned thoroughly three times a week. Location was very good - a block from Corso Como, a couple of blocks from the Brera area, and about a 7 minute walk to the Garibaldi train station. I could also walk to the Duomo in about 25 minutes. There is a 24 hour Carrefour supermarket a couple of blocks away, and one with more limited hours a bit closer.

There were a few downsides. Wifi was not free - but the paid business connection allows you to connect two devices at a time. I didn't have any problems connecting to wifi (and was able to alternate between my three devices very easily), but my colleague did quite frequently - we think it may have been due to the location of her suite (she tried to troubleshoot with both the front desk and the internet service provider but was never able to figure it out). I never really heard street noise, but my colleague did in her suite. (I believe I was overlooking the courtyard, which may have been why.) I however was occasionally able to hear my neighbor's alarm, and sometimes footsteps from the person above my room. Finally, decor was a little tired and could use some updating.

I never ate at the hotel's restaurant nor ordered room service, so I can't comment on food. Some of the people at the front desk were very helpful while others seemed like they couldn't be bothered. Note: if you need a conference room, The Big does not have its own facilities, and will send you to their sister hotel Atahotel The Executive.

All in all, this was a pleasant-enough place to spend a month. If you are expecting high design or something super-charming, this is not the place for you, but it suited our needs. Given the dearth of long-term options in Milan (especially since the couple of apartment rental companies we contacted would not arrange anything with us over three months in advance), this was the best of what was available. If I could give half stars, I'd give this place 3.5 stars.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Good service, spacious rooms, adjacent to a car park (not managed by the hotel), very good breakfast, close to some good restaurants and a pleasant fifteen minute walk to the castle.
Only minor negative was the broken shower handle (Room 317!!!).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family