“Not a place to rest” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #204 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Not a place to rest”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Spacious room, but the walls are so thin, you can hear the guest next door blow his nose! Not a good place if you need rest, but nice location for access to garibaldi train station. The hotel is tired and worn down.

Room Tip: Spacious room, but the walls are so thin, you can hear the guest next door blow his nose! Not a goo...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMTheBig, Direttore at ATAHOTEL The Big Residence, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to contact us and focus your attention to some basic and essential features in order to improve our quality service.

I would like to thank you for such genuine positive comment showed us regarding your experience in our Atahotel The Big in order to state further stimulations.

Since our very first aim is focused on our guests' satisfaction, your positive experience will be a significant witness of your previous stay.

It will be then a real impressive improvement for any other future guest to benefit from. We will definitely make reference to your suggestion in order to profitably improve our standards.

I am glad you have enjoyed your stay and hope to have the opportunity to host you once again to Atahotel The Big.

Gianluca Patruno

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Here for a two night stay after getting the booking wrong at the much nicer ATA hotel nearby. The rooms are spacious but, where I was in 115, the walls are paper thin and very tired. I noticed how dirty the floors are when I walked on them with bare feet and then got into the shower. I know Italians are loud but the noise from other rooms was bad.

The Sky Lounge restaurant was good and not too expensive.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Doug_421
Dear Guest

Since our aim is focused on our guests’ satisfaction, we have really appreciated your suggestions as a significant chance to improve and provide better and more enjoyable services.

As far as the previous occurrence is concerned, we would like to express our sincerest apologies for the inconvenient. We would also be really pleased to show you all our best efforts in order to avoid any future dismay.

Thus your comments will be then shared within our Hotel Staff and they will be a real impressive chance for any future guest to benefit from.

We do hope to host you once again to our Atahotel The Big and to guarantee a more enjoyable future stay in Milan.

Best Regards
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed here in 2010, and have been meaning to write a review ever since- oops. We were two girls traveling on a budget, and looking for a fun weekend in Milan. The hotel room, and bathroom were big for Italy, very clean, and so comfortable. We didn't spend much time in the hotel besides sleeping, and getting ready, so I can't comment on how the staff were, or if there were amenities provided. If you're looking for a safe, clean, and convienant location, this is your place. Here I am three years later still happy with our choice!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MDorm
Dear Guest

I am glad you have enjoyed your stay and hope to have the opportunity to host you once again to our Atahotel The Big.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have stayed in Milan plenty of times and usually in mid range Hotels. Most rooms are 'Compact' to say the least.
What a surprise this was. More of a 1 bedroom apartment than a room! Large super King size bed and nicely appointed bathroom. The only complaint would be the noise outside but I suppose I cant hold the Hotel responsible for that!!
Overall very good. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms into the courtyard would be the best!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BiggerPaul

Brentwood, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

We were travelling through Milan so only wanted to stay one night. The hotel and our room were 'tired' although the bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever experienced in a hotel! Other review say the rooms are nice, so maybe ours just needed a redecoration. We arrived very late as our train had been delayed, and there was nothing in the room at all, not even water. It may have been unfortunate that it was Sunday night, maybe on other nights there would be some room service. There are some nice restaurants just nearby, but we didn't want to trek off at midnight, so be warned. The room was clean and serviceable. The hotel is just a few minutes walk from Garibaldi station and an easy metro ride to central Milan. Our advice would be to bring in food if you want something in the room, and ask to see the room before taking it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to contact us and focus your attention to some basic and essential features in order to improve our quality service at Atahotel The Big.

I would like to thank you for such genuine positive comment showed us regarding your experience in our Hotel in order to state further stimulations.

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

The outside of this hotel looks cheap; the lobby doesn’t look much better. However, what really matters—the room—is awesome. My room was big, clean, and comfortable. The bathroom was "American-sized." Overall, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend in Milano. It's a big nice hotel, the room was really huge! with a kitchen and a separate living room. There were no dishes in the kitchen though, so I didn't use it.

The staff was very friendly but there were a couple of drawbacks. The fitness center didn't work, I was looking for a plug adapter, the hotel didn't have a spear one, that is quite weird for an international big hotel like that. So I ended up charging my phone at the receptionist.
Breakfast was very good on the top floor.

The Casa Como area nearby is also a nice place. In general the hotel is situated in a good location. I walked to the Duomo, it took me around 20 minutes.

Room Tip: - ask for a room facing the cathedral! Otherwise you will see a huge construction spot.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo