ATAHOTEL The Big Residence
The Yard Hotel(Milan)
US$315
US$252
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$120
  • Pool
US$121
US$114
Melia.com
  • Restaurant
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$183
  • Room Service
US$98
US$86
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This hotel is excellently situated for Corso Como area, which is quite a lively area for cafes, bars and clubs. It is also close by to the Garibalbi area and only a 5 minute walk from the financial district located in and around the Viale della Liberazione area.

I travel quite often and have stayed in all sorts of hotels from 5* big name chains to budget rooms and to gauge, and rate, how good the hotel is i always rate on the following items - Bed / room comfort, quietness, cleanliness, shower and breakfast. All of these items lead to what we book a room for, a good nights sleep and freshness for the next day ahead.
Here is how i rated this hotel:

Bed room/comfort 5 out of 5.
The bed was very comfortable and the furnishings were in very good condition.

Quietness 5 out of 5.
At times it felt as though i was the only person staying here such was the quietness.
The hotel is not on a major road and i did not hear any other doors slamming throughout the duration of my stay, which was very welcoming.

Cleanliness 5 out of 5.
The room and bathroom was very clean. I didn't find any unwanted dirt or hairs in the room.

Shower 4 out of 5.
The shower was very good. Nice and hot with a good water pressure.

Breakfast 5 out of 5.
Excellent breakfast. One of the best i have had for a long time. Quite limited on the Hot cooked breakfast, but the quality of the food was good. It all seemed fresh.

I would stay here again if returning to this area of Milan, and would recommend this hotel.

Useful post?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Mitch C
GMTheBig, Direttore at ATAHOTEL The Big Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to contact us and focus your attention to some basic and essential features in order to improve our quality service.

I would like to thank you for such genuine positive comment showed us regarding your experience in our Atahotel The Big in order to state further stimulations.

Since our very first aim is focused on our guests' satisfaction, your positive experience will be a significant witness of your previous stay.

It will be then a real impressive improvement for any other future guest to benefit from. We will definitely make reference to your suggestion in order to profitably improve our standards.

I am glad you have enjoyed your stay and hope to have the opportunity to host you once again to Atahotel The Big.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Spacious room, but the walls are so thin, you can hear the guest next door blow his nose! Not a good place if you need rest, but nice location for access to garibaldi train station. The hotel is tired and worn down.

Room Tip: Spacious room, but the walls are so thin, you can hear the guest next door blow his nose! Not a good place if you need rest, but nice location for access to garibaldi train station.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Here for a two night stay after getting the booking wrong at the much nicer ATA hotel nearby. The rooms are spacious but, where I was in 115, the walls are paper thin and very tired. I noticed how dirty the floors are when I walked on them with bare feet and then got into the shower. I know Italians are loud but the noise from other rooms was bad.

The Sky Lounge restaurant was good and not too expensive.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Doug_421

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to contact us and focus your attention to some basic and essential features in order to improve our quality service at Atahotel The Big.

Since our aim is focused on our guests’ satisfaction, we have really appreciated your suggestions as a significant chance to improve and provide better and more enjoyable services.

As far as the previous occurrence is concerned, we would like to express our sincerest apologies for the inconvenient. We would also be really pleased to show you all our best efforts in order to avoid any future dismay.

Thus your comments will be then shared within our Hotel Staff and they will be a real impressive chance for any future guest to benefit from.

We do hope to host you once again to our Atahotel The Big and to guarantee a more enjoyable future stay in Milan.

Best Regards

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed here in 2010, and have been meaning to write a review ever since- oops. We were two girls traveling on a budget, and looking for a fun weekend in Milan. The hotel room, and bathroom were big for Italy, very clean, and so comfortable. We didn't spend much time in the hotel besides sleeping, and getting ready, so I can't comment on how the staff were, or if there were amenities provided. If you're looking for a safe, clean, and convienant location, this is your place. Here I am three years later still happy with our choice!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MDorm

Dear Guest

I am glad you have enjoyed your stay and hope to have the opportunity to host you once again to our Atahotel The Big.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have stayed in Milan plenty of times and usually in mid range Hotels. Most rooms are 'Compact' to say the least.
What a surprise this was. More of a 1 bedroom apartment than a room! Large super King size bed and nicely appointed bathroom. The only complaint would be the noise outside but I suppose I cant hold the Hotel responsible for that!!
Overall very good. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms into the courtyard would be the best!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business