“Good food, but slightly overrated” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trattoria Non e Peccato

Trattoria Non e Peccato
Reserve with
Trattoria Non e Peccato is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,103 of 8,030 Restaurants in Milan
Price range: US$24 - US$65
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Brera
Ottawa, Canada
“Good food, but slightly overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

My husband and I dined on a Wednesday evening while in Milan on business. When we arrived, the restaurant was empty. There was slight confusion over our wine choice (perhaps a language issue?), so I'll overlook that. We started with a brushetta appetizer which was unique and delicious. I had a seafood pasta dish with mussels. I found the mussels to be tiny and the pasta sauce lacked any enthusiasm. My husband had a spaghetti/pesto dish which was very tasteful and impressive. However, during our dinner, another couple arrived and were seated next to us. Their level of service far exceeded ours. Non stop complimentary bread (we never received a single serving - perhaps because we had brushetta as an appetizer?) and they had a serving of mussels that were easily twice the size as those that were in my main dish. They appeared to be regulars, but given that we were the only two tables to be waited on .... not sure what the difference was. But the restaurant was beautiful, modern and classy. However, I would not put it on my "not to be missed" list.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank TheGoodWife2709

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Still dreaming of the seafood scialatelli...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We went to this restaurant a couple of weeks back while on vacation in Milan. We chose this restaurant using tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. The service was very good and the food was even better. Freshly baked bread and Prosecco arrived almost immediately after we were seated, soon after that we had some complementary pizzette, they were delicious! The food menu was quite distinctive and we were told that the restaurant has a southern Italian cuisine. I have tasted many of their delicious and quite unusual recipes. I am still dreaming of the seafood scialatelli(?!?) Overall a very pleasant experience, I would recommend it to others.

• Visited December 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
“Expected more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Went there a tuesday night, in a empty restaurant. The Food was ok, unproffesionel waiter but very friendly. A super Nice minimalistic restaurant with two floors. Wine was ok, but No explanation What so ever. In general an ok experience

Visited April 2013
Peschiera Borromeo, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A gentle Naples touch in the heart of Milano”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great atmosphere , good service and unique selection of traditional Naples cuisine without any ...pizza. After few times I've been there , I do believe the quality of the food has no fluctuation and is kept to a very high standard.
Assuming you can afford all the calories , I would recommend to taste also the excellent home made desserts , from "pastiera" to " graffette".

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“The perfect mix between Naples and Milan!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

In these days we had a guest from London and we wanted he enjoyes a truly Italian dinner: we did the right choice. At the "Non è peccato" you find the elegance of Milan with the warmth and the taste of a genuine Neapolitan cooking. The staff is very professional, starting from the owner who welcome you as at her home. Here you really perceive the passion and the art of welcome. We started with a taste of parmigiana, frittini, alici and a selection of mozzarella, provola and ricotta: amazing... Then we had Spaghetti alla Nerano and Paccheri Pecorino & Cozze: you cannot miss them. We could continue but we chose to pass directly to the dessert: here forget the diet and simple "sin"! We will come back for sure (even without guests) just for the pleasure to spend a very relaxing meal surrounded by the Naples and Ischia atmosphere. Last thing: it is a very value for money restaurant!

• Visited September 2013