“A restaurant to Avoid....”

Bar Cafe Si Letterario
Ranked #282 of 376 Nightlife in Milan
Ankara, Turkey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A restaurant to Avoid....”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Location is the only factor that keeps this restaurant in business. Pizza is not listed in the menu and you cannot have the pizza of your choice. I happened to order a funghi and for my suprise the pastry was half burnt. They had to serve a new one which turned out to be very bad. The glass of wine served was inferior in quality. Prices are high for such sub-standard food. I would not recommend it by any means.

milano
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“A real tourist trap-avoid like the plague”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This place can only survive thanks to its location (right on the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele). All the rest is appalling. Food is terrible, canteen style (but in many canteens you would eat far better). Service is rude and unwelcoming, and the setting is tacky and smelly. I have been living in Milan for almost 8 years and this is by far the worst place where I have ever been. Avoid it all costs.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank giorgionet
Warwickshire
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Not on the menu no problem”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Spent a weekend in Milan and stopped here for lunch my wife fancied an omelette but not on the menu. So I thought I would ask if they could cook one and it was no problem. A cheese and mushroom omelette was deliver and the wife loved it. Service was great would recommend.

Norwich, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Avoid - appalling service - food not cooked”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Having spent a wk in the French Riviera & driving up to Milan, we were looking fwd to a nice meal in Milan. Sadly we found this restaurant had no concept of what it means to serve acceptable food. We had to return 2 simple lasagnes twice for me & my wife & as they were both cold in middle.
Yet the Manager still insisted on charging for all bar 1 Lasagne even tho both meals were inedible and ruined the evening's meal for me, my wife & son. He also insisted on charging an uninformed €19.50 Cover Charge which was not made clear at the outset even tho the waiter who sat us down knew we were English.
Seems this Restaurant Manager needs to learn that people want to eat edible food happily together and if he fails to do this, he has no right to charge. He was a disgrace even tho the waiter advised him our food has to be returned twice.
Very sad considering this was our first meal in Milan and would advise anyone to steer clear of this money grabbing establishment.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“Quick coffee while admiring the view”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had a quick coffee here while passing through the absolutely beautiful Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. The staff here were absolutely charming and the coffee was very good.

2 coffees came to €12, - worth it? Yes, but not terribly often.

Visited July 2013