“Brand new hot luxurious perfectly serviced hotel in Milan”

Palazzo Parigi Hotel & Grand Spa
Ranked #16 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Warsaw
“Brand new hot luxurious perfectly serviced hotel in Milan”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel was only opened 5th of September 2013 after investing tons of cash into to this amazingly beautiful old building/palace by some Lombardian family that definitely has got the TASTE. First WOW! you exhale from your mouth as soon as your cab stops in front of it - when you there for the first time it is more than you expected. Second WOW! you say when your jaw drops down to your feet as soon as you enter the lobby. As jaw lays down on the floor you can only silently think - Gosh! Damn this so beautiful! So the owners definitely know how to awe the guests.
Then you start checkin procedures and since that very moment you know they got the hi level service staff. Not only professional but so pleasant all along.
We spent there three days last week and the hotel itself and the people working there made us really hard leaving the building for what we came to Milan. As the hotel is brand new everything there seems to be so untouched so new and so perfect. They are so new that there are still some works on the go including fitness center and SPA which when finished is going to be 1000 square meters lavishly huge. But don't worry if you are up to work out their prepared to share with you the room that you can work out in.
The room we got was spacious, lavishly designed in some eclectic modern way with huge marble bathroom located on 7th floor with awesome views of Milan. The room was perfect. We just wanted to stay there and endulge.
They serve really classy snacks at the classy bar and tasty breakfasts in the same place that basically looks like royal palace with awesome floor that is class for itself.
The place is definitely a must and definitely to pick once more. For the first time we got there just by chance trying something new as the one we usually choose was fully booked. For the second and other times we will go there deliberately.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a weekend stay at the Palazzo Parigi Hotel. The hotel has only just opened and has been decorated to the highest standards, the lobby has an amazing chandelier and grand staircase and the bedrooms and corridors are all beautifully finished.

Our room was very nice with a king-sized double bed, desk etc and a well proportioned en-suite bathroom, complete with Clarins bath and body products.

Overall we had a very nice stay but there were a few occasions where you could tell that this was a new hotel and not yet a well- oiled service machine:

- On our first day we arrived to check-in at 3.15pm after phoning to check what time check-in opens (3pm). Our room wasn't yet ready so we were allocated another room. This wasn't a big deal but in a large and fairly empty hotel I don't think this should have happened.
- We were woken on the Saturday morning at 8am by a large banging noise. Initially I thought this was a fellow guest trying to rouse a sleeping partner but on looking out into the corridor I realised that the large banging was almost certainly caused by someone doing works, wasn't on our floor and the sound was just echoing around the hotel. Again, it wasn't a huge problem and we had seen works were ongoing downstairs and on the top floors but you'd think that you'd advise any builders not to start noisy work until after 10am! Possibly this was external works but it certainly sounded as if it were coming from in the hotel and other staff confirmed that work was being conducted that day.
- We went out for most of Saturday returning to the hotel around 4.15pm looking forward to giving our feet a well deserved rest. We went up to our room to find that the maid service had only just started working in it. Again, in a hotel that isn't hugely busy I don't think this is acceptable. We came back down to the lobby and sat in the chairs there.
- We had received a lovely hand written note when we arrived at the hotel on Friday saying if we had any problems to say, so my husband duly went and said we were concerned about the loud banging noise (we didn't really want a repeat on Sunday morning!) and that we didn't think it was great for the maid service to be conducted so late in the day. The manager on duty was very courteous and offered us a bottle of wine to make up for any inconvenience, which was a nice gesture.
- Finally, when we were leaving I asked if there was any hotel information for the rooms - as in the guides you normally find somewhere in the room that tells you about the hotel, its services and local area. I was told that there should have been a guide in our room but I had looked for it a few times and not found it. Admittedly I could have asked about this earlier and I am sure it would have been remedied quickly but I don't like feeling like I am asking for something all the time. I wanted this information to find out more about the restaurant, the breakfast and so on but as it was we went exploring early in the morning and chose to eat away from the hotel restaurant in the evenings. I can only imagine that as our room hadn't been ready on the Friday we were given another that was missing this information, which is a shame but again not the end of the world.

Oh also, I should say that although the name of the hotel suggest a Spa this isn't yet built. Judging by how beautifully decorated everything is I am sure it will be wonderful when completed but please don't turn up at the moment thinking that there is one there.

Overall as I said above we had a good trip, the hotel is well located, all the staff are friendly and courteous and the rooms are decorated beautifully. With a bit of time I am sure it will become the well-oiled service machine that you expect of hotels in this price bracket.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ellen C
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We went to this new place for an afternoon tea. The pasticceria widely acclaimed in the website was not open yet. The price list can compete with the five stars in London or Paris: espresso at 7eur, tea from 9 to 13 and so on...
The decor is very nice, the garden promises well.
I might try again when the pasticceria opens. Let's see.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank giulia p
Wuppertal, Germany
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I must say, before even arriving in Milan, I was so excited to visit this hotel. I've been following Palazzo Parigis facebook page as well as the twitter account, and can say that I have enjoyed getting regular updates; pictures, job positions as well as an online competition.

On Sunday the 8th of September I then finally had the chance to visit this "Palace". Already from afar, you can see a crane prominently displayed on the hotel roof. However, as soon as I entered the lobby, I felt very well looked after. It was a great surprise to even be greeted by the General Manager Mr. Iseli in the lobby, who has previously opened other hotels as well. Also the polite hostess and waiters were very heartwarming and helpful.

I've heard a lot about the restaurant of Mr. Cracco in Milan and was looking forward to maybe meet him personally. However, this was not the case since I was told that he was traveling overseas and the restaurant was closed for Sunday Lunch!?

I stayed for drinks and I have to be honest, I was happy that I didn't book a room for an enormous introductory rate, over 500 euros per night. Whats the justification while there are still construction workers around, one could notice that the hotel isn't ready yet. I was told that the SPA and the infinity pool on the roof top won't open until Spring 2014.

It looks like this hotel has a huge potential once the SPA and the Roof Garden are completely finished, however, at this moment, I must say that this could take a while...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Julian Z
PalazzoParigi, Management Team at Palazzo Parigi Hotel & Grand Spa, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Mr Julian Z,

First of all we would like to thank you for your constructive feedback, please be assured that your valuable notes have been positively taken. We are thrilled to inform you that during the next months we will keep available our Special Rates for the opening. We really hope that you will think about Palazzo Parigi for your next stay in Milan. Mrs Alessia Picardi, our Reservation Manager, will be glad to assist you for any information you may need.

Kind Regards,