“perfect”

Palazzo Parigi Hotel & Grand Spa
Ranked #16 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Everything was perfect. from the porter to the concierge. I couldn't imagine any more service. Allways polite and bending over backwards to make our stay a 10 out of 10.
The Hotel is also well located. Very close to the city centre, the castle and the brera bars.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This place only opened from September 2013. Their 'soft' opening is until summer 2014. Very pricey but not too bad at this time when they have special offers on.
We only stayed for one night, wish it were longer.
Bed incredibly comfortable, bathroom with great power shower and lovely smelling Clarins products.
Internet works reasonably well.
The staff cannot be more helpful, we asked them to help us order some local wines and have this delivered before our arrival and this was done to perfection with minimal added charges. Very impressed with the concierge service what one would expect from a Leading Hotels of the World premises.
Their main restaurant Cracco leave a bit to be desired though.
As one would expect, nothing is cheap nor a bargain in this hotel, but therefore one expect an fine product, and this restaurant is not worth the price tag. We paid Euros 400+ for dinner at this place, and whilst we had white truffles, frankly I've had better for half the price. I can't imagine Cracco would get a Michelin star for this restaurant.
In conclusion, stay at this hotel this year, enjoy their bar, but don't bother with their restaurant. The reception & concierge is lovely and very helpful make use of their servcies if you stay here!

Room Tip: with this being a new hotel I'd imagine all mattresses and bathrooms will be excellent - view ma...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yvonne06
PalazzoParigi, Executive Ass. Manager at Palazzo Parigi Hotel & Grand Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your visit at Palazzo Parigi
I was glad to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, it will be my pleasure to share your note with Ms. Susanna Concesa (Reception Manager) and Mr. Federico Dalla Chiusa (Chief Concierge) and all the Staff. I am very sorry that you did not enjoyed the main Restaurant “Cracco a Palazzo”.
We truly appreciate your comments, we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again the next time you are in Milan.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Palazzo Parigi is a newcomer inside the luxury hotellerie in Milan.
The building is well located, few steps from the quadrilatero della moda and Milan most famous attractions.
The structure is brand new with a restaurant managed by one of the most renown Italian chefs, Cracco.
Rooms are quite big but everything is so shiny, new and fake to make the entire hotel looking more like disneyland than a real lux and sophisticated spot.
What really impressed me badly is the service, too slow and inefficient for a 5 stars hotel.
Still a lot to do

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank mgiornet
PalazzoParigi, Executive Ass. Manager at Palazzo Parigi Hotel & Grand Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing to stay at Palazzo Parigi and for taking the time to share your feedback.
The Hotel occupies a corner of Milanese history; the building, the former abode of the Cramer family, was destroyed in the bombing of 1943. Palazzo Parigi has been designed from Mr. Pierre Yves Rochon, the most prestigious name of interior design for 5 Star Luxury Hotels, creating an unique and memorable experience.
We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed the location, in the meantime please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences and disappointment caused, we will certainly take your feedback into great consideration.
I truly hope to have a future opportunity to welcome you back in order to change your tarnished impression of the Hotel and regain your consideration.
Looking forward to assisting you personally.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Was in Milan at the start of this week on a brief business trip and was recommended to try this new hotel by some local colleagues. When I say it is new, it is brand spanking new having only opened in September in a building which I think was an old bank.

The hotel is privately owned and it has been designed to be pretty spectacular on the eye. As you walk in it is quite a reception with a swirling staircase to the first floor and more marble than I have seen in a (very) long time. The staff were a bit over the top in terms of courtesy but have obviously been extremely well trained in customer service, but you do get the feel that this is all still new to them at this stage.

I stayed in an executive room which was actually a bit more basic in experience than I envisioned after the grand entrance. This is not to say that it wasn't comfortable, just quite plain. Again the bathroom was an Italian salute to the world of marble and the amenities first class indeed.

We did not eat in the hotel - other than breakfast, which was a feast in itself - again a bit over the top. We did have a drink in the bar the previous evening and I have never had so many canapés thrown at me in a thirty minute window. Nice Bloody Mary as well by the way.

Now the downsides. The location is not ideal and the building is set in what can only be described as a working community of middle class flats - so it actually feels like the hotel itself is a surreal insertion. Secondly, and recognizing this is Milan, it is not cheap.

Nice experience overall, but will try somewhere else next time around.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary H

Dear Guest,
many thanks for your valuable feedback toward our newly hotel product, service and location, your comments are most helpful and welcome.
We would like to take this opportunity to inform that Palazzo Parigi is located in an area of great historic, artistic and cultural importance next to Brera arts district with plentiful shops and trendy, picturesque meeting places, close to Teatro alla Scala and few steps away from the major fashion streets.
Hoping to have the pleasure to welcoming you back, please do not hesitate to contact us for any kind of future assistance you may require.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

it was during the fashion week in Milan used to stay @ Hyatt but was late couldn't find place so did two rooms @ palazzo, bearing in our minds it was soft opining so we prepered ourself for some minors , reservation through the email was very smoth and they did add nespreso machines as we asked , checking in was slow though the girl was nice , houskeeping needs to improve specially the turndown one night they did a mistake and the owner or the GM not sure insisted no to add that night to the bill that was rely nice gesture from here. rooms are very comfertable and well decorated . the hotel is near every thing just short wolk to gold triangle , the Daumo , concierge gave us 3 times very good recommendations to restaurants , not to forget the nice doormen always smiling and welcoming . i'm pretty sure by now they did fix all the minors and next time it will be excellent not very good only

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel was only opened 5th of September 2013 after investing tons of cash into to this amazingly beautiful old building/palace by some Lombardian family that definitely has got the TASTE. First WOW! you exhale from your mouth as soon as your cab stops in front of it - when you there for the first time it is more than you expected. Second WOW! you say when your jaw drops down to your feet as soon as you enter the lobby. As jaw lays down on the floor you can only silently think - Gosh! Damn this so beautiful! So the owners definitely know how to awe the guests.
Then you start checkin procedures and since that very moment you know they got the hi level service staff. Not only professional but so pleasant all along.
We spent there three days last week and the hotel itself and the people working there made us really hard leaving the building for what we came to Milan. As the hotel is brand new everything there seems to be so untouched so new and so perfect. They are so new that there are still some works on the go including fitness center and SPA which when finished is going to be 1000 square meters lavishly huge. But don't worry if you are up to work out their prepared to share with you the room that you can work out in.
The room we got was spacious, lavishly designed in some eclectic modern way with huge marble bathroom located on 7th floor with awesome views of Milan. The room was perfect. We just wanted to stay there and endulge.
They serve really classy snacks at the classy bar and tasty breakfasts in the same place that basically looks like royal palace with awesome floor that is class for itself.
The place is definitely a must and definitely to pick once more. For the first time we got there just by chance trying something new as the one we usually choose was fully booked. For the second and other times we will go there deliberately.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a weekend stay at the Palazzo Parigi Hotel. The hotel has only just opened and has been decorated to the highest standards, the lobby has an amazing chandelier and grand staircase and the bedrooms and corridors are all beautifully finished.

Our room was very nice with a king-sized double bed, desk etc and a well proportioned en-suite bathroom, complete with Clarins bath and body products.

Overall we had a very nice stay but there were a few occasions where you could tell that this was a new hotel and not yet a well- oiled service machine:

- On our first day we arrived to check-in at 3.15pm after phoning to check what time check-in opens (3pm). Our room wasn't yet ready so we were allocated another room. This wasn't a big deal but in a large and fairly empty hotel I don't think this should have happened.
- We were woken on the Saturday morning at 8am by a large banging noise. Initially I thought this was a fellow guest trying to rouse a sleeping partner but on looking out into the corridor I realised that the large banging was almost certainly caused by someone doing works, wasn't on our floor and the sound was just echoing around the hotel. Again, it wasn't a huge problem and we had seen works were ongoing downstairs and on the top floors but you'd think that you'd advise any builders not to start noisy work until after 10am! Possibly this was external works but it certainly sounded as if it were coming from in the hotel and other staff confirmed that work was being conducted that day.
- We went out for most of Saturday returning to the hotel around 4.15pm looking forward to giving our feet a well deserved rest. We went up to our room to find that the maid service had only just started working in it. Again, in a hotel that isn't hugely busy I don't think this is acceptable. We came back down to the lobby and sat in the chairs there.
- We had received a lovely hand written note when we arrived at the hotel on Friday saying if we had any problems to say, so my husband duly went and said we were concerned about the loud banging noise (we didn't really want a repeat on Sunday morning!) and that we didn't think it was great for the maid service to be conducted so late in the day. The manager on duty was very courteous and offered us a bottle of wine to make up for any inconvenience, which was a nice gesture.
- Finally, when we were leaving I asked if there was any hotel information for the rooms - as in the guides you normally find somewhere in the room that tells you about the hotel, its services and local area. I was told that there should have been a guide in our room but I had looked for it a few times and not found it. Admittedly I could have asked about this earlier and I am sure it would have been remedied quickly but I don't like feeling like I am asking for something all the time. I wanted this information to find out more about the restaurant, the breakfast and so on but as it was we went exploring early in the morning and chose to eat away from the hotel restaurant in the evenings. I can only imagine that as our room hadn't been ready on the Friday we were given another that was missing this information, which is a shame but again not the end of the world.

Oh also, I should say that although the name of the hotel suggest a Spa this isn't yet built. Judging by how beautifully decorated everything is I am sure it will be wonderful when completed but please don't turn up at the moment thinking that there is one there.

Overall as I said above we had a good trip, the hotel is well located, all the staff are friendly and courteous and the rooms are decorated beautifully. With a bit of time I am sure it will become the well-oiled service machine that you expect of hotels in this price bracket.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple