“Friendly”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro Direzionale
Reviewed 3 March 2016

i have been here twice on separate occasions.
The first time I came, it was summer and we dined outside in the courtyard area. It was a beautiful setting, the food was great, we enjoyed free prosseco while we waited for a table and were welcomed with friendly hospitality.

As I was staying in the same hotel as my previous business trip, I recommended this restaurant for my colleagues.
My second visit was in March and there was no outdoor seating due to the colder weather, however the welcome was still as warm. We were given a free glass of prosecco (and limoncello at the end of our meal). We enjoyed great food and the drinks measures were very generous.

We were smiling from start to finish, thanks Osteria Fara!

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank PetiteClochette
Write a reviewReviews (1,342)

Reviewed 26 February 2016

A staff member at Hotel Berne recommended this hotel when I asked for a casual dining spot. I was not disappointed. Upon being seated I was offered a complimentary glass of good Prosecco. The food was very good as was the wine by the glass. But what made the experience truly excellent was the friendly, attentive service.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

My wife and I arrived in Milan 2/21/16.Traveled by train from Venice.
Our first time in Milan.Took a walk from our hotel, near Milan Central Station.
Looked for a reasonable place for dinner. After checking several establishments menus we decided to
Try Osteria Fara. Giorgio met us at the door. Made us feel very welcome. Complementry small glasses of wine, bruschetta, hot bread. My wife had the mixed greens and I started with the boiled asparagus with parmesan cheese. My wife had the Spaghetti with basal and tomato. I had the linguine with bolognese sauce.
All excellent.Complmentry limoncello rounded out the evening. Would highly recommended.
Have always had good food in Italy but Giorgio made our evening exceptional.

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Every dish we ordered was great! (Even the dish we got as a 'gift')
It was amazing that we had such a fabulous dinner at that price! Even the service was wonderful. Me and my friend were so happy and full with just 40euros. I would say this restaurant was one of the best during our stay in Italy.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

It's not often you find a restaurant where you feel they just enjoy sharing great food.
I was here on business, and was lucky to find Osteria Fara - I came a 2nd night too. It was busy both Monday and Tuesday nights.
Great atmosphere, lovely service - thanks to Georgio and Kala(?). Complimentary prosecco and canapé, in addition to focaccia with olive oil and balsamic vinegar; a glass of Chianti; great pasta, followed by steak and grilled vegetable; complimentary limoncello; and coffee... great food, lovingly shared. All for 44euros.
I recommend it, and will be back at the first opportunity.