Just came back from a lovely trip to Milan+Bergamo+Lake Como and I must say this little two star hotel in Milan was a find!
- Not very central, but with a 5-10 minutes walk you get to bus stops to: stazione centrale, linate airport or the Duomo (Piazza san Babila). The bus rides are quite short to all these places.
- Staff doesn't speak great English but they've been very patient to my attempts to communicate in italian (which I speak at a basic level)
- Some stairs to be climbed and I didn't notice an elevator, but if you don't have any restrictions this is not really a down.
- Friendly staff (apparently run by a family).
- Stayed in room 114 which was ensuite (not sure if all rooms are), huge, had lovely antique furniture, comfy king size bed and was spotlessly clean (room and linen sparkling white)
- Room with air conditioned, tv, mini fridge, cable adsl (you just need to ask for the modem at the reception), great shower
- Quiet residential area, perfect for getting proper rest
- All this for 60 Euro/night, including a generous continental breakfast (with great capuccino), in Milan?? Honestly I couldn't ask for more!
I feel lucky to have found it. Definitely recommended for who doesn't mind walking a little bit to get buses to the touristic places.
TIP1: In case you want to eat in the room after a busy day touring, do ask staff for suggestions of local pizza delivery :-)
TIP2: In Milan, make sure you buy plenty of transport tickets/passes for your whole stay because sometimes it is difficult to find places that sell them, specially at inconvenient times like sunday morning.
TIP3: Besides visiting the lakes (Como is lovely), if you have time DO get a train to Bergamo to see the Citta Alta (High City), it's enchanting and it's where people from Milan go to when they want some shelter from the buzz.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eco Art De Albertis is' a Hotel Environmentally sustainable. Unique in its class for comfort and services with particular attention to the environment, where ecological and biodegradable products are used. The rooms are pleasant and offers a friendly atmosphere with free WiFi, TV, Minibar, Bathroom with hair dryer, Set Courtesy ecological The professional staff is available to customers to provide useful information to make your stay in Milan: transport and tourist attractions, events and exhibitions, just minutes from downtown. The Hotel Bar offers Breakfast with products from Organic farming, accompanied by goodness' of Caffe Bio. A small garden in fine weather, guests can take breakfast or a relaxing moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eco Art Hotel De Albertis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.