“they've insulted me via email after my review in another booking hotel page”
Review of Hotel Vienna

and 1 more site!
Hotel Vienna
Ranked #264 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Paris, Texas
“they've insulted me via email after my review in another booking hotel page”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

not a 3 stars hotel at all, it's more a hostel , not over a 2 stars... walls are very thin so you hear next room's conversations, doors ...everything. over 100 TV channels but all in italian (as almost all hotels in Italy :))

after writing my opinion in a booking hotel webpage, they've contact me almost insulting me and warning me to change my review about them in a really bad and unrespectfull way!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank travelvoyageviaje

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Pro:
Very affordable
Really close to an important metro station (Lambrate)
Helpful staff
Decent rooms

Con:
(Summer problem, possibly only in our room) No fans; AC didn't work

My wife and I stayed here for 3 days. Located really close to the Lambrate metro station (about 50 metres away), this hotel was a bargain, if anything. Our room (2-person, with private bathroom) was modest, as was the bathroom (its modesty would put many people to shame), but we were out most of the time, so this didn't bother us too much. What did bother us was the lack of fans or air-conditioning, since we went to Milan when the temperature was in the 30s and the city decided to heat up. The AC was supposed to work but didn't, explained the hotel staff. The TV has only a couple of English channels (BBC World News and Euronews) but, since we were there during the Euro football tournament, we had the singular pleasure of listening to Italian football commentary. Not a single sentence did we understand, but we were delighted by what we heard.

We also had breakfast at the hotel. The breakfast is basic but satisfactory. The staff are really nice, though (at least, the couple of guys we met were). One gentleman couldn't thank us enough even though we were the ones asking him for service (maybe he said 'Thank you' like some people say 'You know' or 'like'). The reception is manned 24 hours and the staff are helpful with directions and advice (about nearby restaurants, taxis etc). They booked us a taxi for a really early flight without a fuss or any of that "We're doing you a favour, you know" attitude that some fancier hotels throw around.

The wifi in the room was pretty barebones. I mean, you can check your mails and look up the places you want to visit and find information about public transport and stuff like that. But you shouldn't hope for smooth video chatting/streaming.

Summary: Would stay here again, if in Milan. Affordable, in a nice location and adequate.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank supersharma
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 1 May 2012

convenient, near lambratt station which go to milan city or other province such as verona. small but good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel in August 2011 for three nights and I can say that we did not spend too much time in the room as the rooms are small and not very modern. The breakfast is not money for the value, the good thing about this hotel is that it is very close to the metro stop. The staff was also friendly and helpful although they didn’t speak English..Recommend this hotel for budget travelers

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 9 December 2011

my friend and me stayed in this hotel in April 2009 (even though there says it was in January 2011). nice staff (in that time they spole very little English), little but good breakfast, clean and tidy. For couples over 35, perfect place. 15 min to the city center.

Room Tip: room on the front side.
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 17 November 2011

If you realize, that you have choosen 3* cheap hotel - you will enjoy your stay. (remember the price) Very nice location, so close to Metro station. Nice, helpful staff. Quiet neighborhood. I do recommend this hotel for my friends.
Negative aspects: expected small rooms, but shower cabine is something not usefull if you are higher than 160 cm. Very noisy, internal walls seems to be made from paper, you hear everything, when they starting to make up rooms at 7 am/

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This hotel was good for the low price and very close to Lambrate F.S. metro station (green line, only four stops from Milano Centrale). The hotel had everything you would expect. My only complaint was the shower which could not be fixed to the wall as the holder was missing the correct parts. Air conditioning is €5 extra/day (essential in summer).
My girlfriend left her phone in the hotel at the end of our stay!! But they found it and quickly contacted me so that they could send it.

• Stayed June 2011