“small room but great location”
Review of 22 Marzo Hotel

22 Marzo Hotel
Ranked #33 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“small room but great location”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

As u know, the price of hotel in Milan is more higher if compare to other city in Italy, but I think £67 (a double bed for 2 person included breakfast) was reasonable as the location is great. Just one minute walk to the bus n tram station which infront of the hotel. From Milano Centrale train station take the bus no.60, abt 15-20 minutes to reach the station "S.Maria del Suffragio", the hotel is just located at the corner of the building In front of the bus station, and very close to the city centre. u can choose to walk abt 20-30 minutes to the Milano Duomo or take the bus/tram abt 5-10minutes to reach. The staff at the front desk very helpful n friendly. A bit disappointed for the room size. The room was too small for us as we are using a maximum size luggage. The area for breakfast (restaurant?)was too small, there are only less than 10 tables over there. If all the guest come for breakfast together then maybe u are the one who need to wait. Free wifi is available but the signal not stable.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Masterton, Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The Hotel is part of a large building currently undergoing major renovations, so is enclosed in scaffolding and has cranes and load banging going on during the day. The room was average and beds were uncomfortable. Bathroom and shower were fine. Breakfast was included which was adequate but the area for breakfast is very small.

Room Tip: Look somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I booked Hotel XXII Marzo last minute when I realized I needed to stay a few extra nights in Milan. I had no prior knowledge of the place and only chose it based on good reviews from Hostelworld. The single room cost ~40 Euro a night (a good price considering how late I was in booking) and I did not realize that included in the cost were a large, satisfying breakfast, warm attention and compassion from the staff at all times, and remarkably clean living conditions. Besides all of this, the hotel truly is in a great location. Walking to the city center takes about twenty minutes and metro and bus lines are even closer. The surrounding neighborhood is safe-this was my first time in Europe by myself and I never felt threatened during the stay. I met every member of the staff personally and each was incredibly helpful and accommodating to my needs. Truly, I could not have found a better place to stay.

Room Tip: This is very obvious, but always book in advance. I paid forty euros every night I was there but onl...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank James P
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Good location (15-20 mins walk to Doumo), very kind & helpful staff. The rooms are clean, but come only with minimal comfort. Good enough if you're only looking for a bed to sleep on, but not for a real hotel experience. Free WiFi is available.

Hotel can be reached by bus from the main Milano Centrale train station.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Spent a night with my family here with 2 rooms. The room is spacious and serving a good variety of breakfast. 5 minute walk from bus stop, easy to travel around in Milan. Friendly and helpful staff. We were even served by Michael with a tea break before we made our move to Milan Centrale for our the next stop of the trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I arrived at the hotel in mid afternoon on August 31. I was hot and had a heavy case. Valentina, at reception was really helpful…even carrying my case up to the room. This was great - just what I needed. The room had television, a hair dryer and free wifi, which Valentina and her colleague helped me access. I was advised on nearby restaurants and buses/trams into the city centre - just minutes away. The hotel is located on a pretty square, which is busy with local residents and a flower stall in the corner. I really enjoyed my stay here, and wouldn't hesitate to book again. It is SUCH good value. A big thank you to all the staff. Until next time...

Room Tip: I couldn't really help with this, since I was there for one night only...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank urbanfinch
Lake Munmorah, Australia
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights. We found the hotel to be well situated to sights and transport. The staff were fabulous, they couldn't do more for us. The staff understood English and were extremely helpful with our many questions. The bed was a bit uncomfortable, but the staff made our experience pleasurable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple