“Not bad - worst bathroom”
Review of ABC

ABC
ABC
Ranked #396 of 427 Hotels in Milan
toronto
“Not bad - worst bathroom”
Reviewed 10 July 2008

I stayed in Hotel ABC while in Milan in June which apparently is the low season and therefore got it for 75 euros/night which is still a little expensive. Hotel ABC is okay, not great. The staff are amazing wonderufl and helpful. However, it's a little weird shaped because you have to buzz in and then go up two flights of stairs before you hit reception. It's a little confusing because the property used to be an apartment. Our room was good, and lead out into the veranda. However, the shared bathroom was the worst bathroom I've ever been in! The toilet sucks and it stinks! But apart fromthat if you're only staying a couple of nights, it's fine. Don't expect anything special though.

• Stayed June 2008
2 Thank lolka04

Families
London
Reviewed 3 November 2007

I stayed in this hotel in November 2007. I arrived late, so the walk up the 2 floors to the hotel was quite scary: it reminds you of an abandoned old building. The reception is nice and the staff are friendly: BUT this did not in my opinion make up for the dismal state of the room (which was clean but rundown and shoddy). And i had a hard time getting to sleep: the noise from the street kept me up till 3am.

• Liked — Staff and breakfast
  • Disliked — The rooms, and the area
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank Noraw

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Verona, Italy
Reviewed 5 April 2007

Very bad experience! When booking this hotel does not inform that the rooms have no bath or toilet. There is one common bathroom in the corridor and it does not smell good. I would nevere stay in this hotel with no toilet in room but the hotel charged me with a full fee even if we did not spend a night.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank shangri2007
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 25 July 2006

We paid 60€ pr night for a 3 person room with shared baths wo breakfast.
For the price it was great, otherwise I was sorely lacking aircon and a sink in the room. Staff was very helpful and friendly and some spoke good english. Location is nice and central, but ask for a quiet room as the hotel is on a busy street with italian traffic 24hrs of the day.

• Liked — Location and price
  • Disliked — lack of aircon
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robotron3000
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2005

I booked this hotel as a birthday treat for my father and was looking for something cheap and central.

The hotel is located on a busy throughfare- but not on street level and is very conviniently located for all of the major attractions of the city.
It is about 10 minute walk from the Duomo, with local shops including Bars, Cafe's and a few wine shops.

The hotel is located within an old building with lots of marble and rustic charm. You enter the small reception area after two flights of stairs- with no lift. (This hotel is NOT wheelchair friendly by any means).
The staff are polite and helpful and the reception is manned all night.

I had room 43 for myself, which is on the reception level. The room was large with wardrobe, bedside table, chair bed, table and ensuite. It is worth pointing out that the light switch is actually located outside of the room! There was a large window overlooking the street. Towels and soap were provided. My father and sister stayed in rooms on the next floor.My father's room backed out onto its own courtyard with plants and wrought iron seats and a table. Had it not been raining, it would have been a real asset. The downside was that it was shared bathroom facilities, but as the hotel was very quiet, it didn't matter. My sister's room was smaller with an ensuite. She did complain that her lights didn't have any lightbulbs in it but the staff quickly sorted this out.

The hotel has a small bar which is not manned at all, but we were invited to bring our own wine to the bar and use the fridge and glasses, which was lovely. Breakfast is also served here, but we didn't take advantage of this as there are many nicer places locally.

I have stayed in many 4* stars around the world and can honestly say that the hotel ABC is one of my favourites- it is completely querky and very interesting- it makes a nice change to the bland hotel rooms you come to expect. It is in a bustling part of the city, minutes from the centre- the rooms are clean, well furnished and the staff very friendly. It is also the cheapest hotel in Milan and I would recommend this.

• Stayed November 2005
5 Thank raffik
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 July 2005

We stayed in ABC Hotel the very first time we visited Milan. Our subsequent visits to Milan we have never stayed at ABC Hotel and have absolutely no desire to stay there for several reasons. First, unless this hotel has remodeled, our room was rather dark. If it was per the ambience, I can understand, however I believe it was to mask the "classic-inspired" furniture and bugs crawling on the floor. Second, both my traveling partner and I still remember how rude and inconsiderate the owner of the hotel was (we even tried to speak Italian to him) - but it didn't work. These main reasons alone, cleanliness and rudeness, made us look for another hotel for our remaining nights in Milan. We checked out ASAP from ABC. I'm sure it works for some people, but not for us. In all our travel experiences in Italy, we've never had to go through anything like that again!

• Stayed June 2000
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 7 June 2005

I write this review long after I had a dismal experience at the ABC Hotel in Milan. I stayed with a friend here for three nights in January 2005. I have to say that at this point I consider myself a veteran traveler. In Italy I stay in one or two star hotels. I do not have a problem sharing a bathroom. I speak Italian.

For starters, this hotel is nowhere near the duomo which the map on the web portrays it to be. It is a good 20 minute walk from the center (duomo, galleria, la scala, etc.), and down cobblestoned streets, so do not try to walk with your luggage from the center, as I did (and I'm young and healthy).

Second, the hotel was FREEZING. When you first came into the reception area (up two flights of steps off the street) it was warm and lovely - japanese soji screens (spelling?) closing off this welcome area. Then I went up another two flights of stairs to the rooms, where it was mainly poorly lit and very chilly. Once in the room, it was downright freezing. I wore jeans, socks, and two sweaters to bed, in addition to putting the extra comforter from the closet on the bed. The tiny heater in the corner could not be adjusted for more heat, nor could the hotel alter the heat in the room.

My room was facing the street, so in addition to nearly freezing to death - the windows had no insulation so you could feel the air coming in -- the noise from the street was overwhelming. The hotel faces a MAJOR thoroughfare which means that a fleet of busses pass and stop near the hotel, in addition to the usual city ambulances, and rush hour traffic.

I never read anything bad in the reviews for this hotel through tripadvisor, which was why i chose this budget hotel. But after this dismal experience, I could not possibly, in good conscience, not say how mortified I was. No matter how economical (we paid 70 euro a night for a double with bathroom) - please do yourself a favor and do NOT stay here in the winter!

2 Thank local