“The worst hotel I have ever stayed at”
Review of Brivio

Brivio
Ranked #405 of 427 Hotels in Milan
A TripAdvisor Member
“The worst hotel I have ever stayed at”
Reviewed 10 April 2006

I don't usually leave feedback like this but I feel I must write down what we just experienced. We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. When we rang up the rate quoted to us was 75 euro per night for a double room. Upon check-in we were informed that the amount has been increased to a total of 550 euro for the 4 nights since the design show was in town and this was demanded in cash immediately. I got what I could from a cash machine round the corner and paid 455 euro. The room was freezing cold, dingy and depressing, with one bare bulb in the ceiling centre for light and the floor was made of tile, making it too cold to walk on in barefeet. When my girlfriend asked for the heating to be switched on, she was laughed at. Upon returing for our second night, the key was withheld from us until we produced the rest of the money in cash. The keys to the rooms are not cut, but look like template keys before any teeth have been machined into them which we thought was not very secure. Although the hotel website states it is opposite the yellow metro line, this is false. It is approx 700m from the nearest metro station - Macianchini. The area is run down and dangerous so you will feel the need to take taxis to and from it. Also, the hotel closes it's doors at 1am. Essentially I feel robbed by this experience and I can honestly say our holiday was ruined purely by the hostile atmosphere of this hotel. We would have fled had the town not been booked up and indeed we did consider trying to get flights or trains back to London just to get home.

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)