“not bad for the money” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #332 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Portugal
“not bad for the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Location is not bad as you can catch the tram or bus nearby directly to duomo square... we stayed in a room that was on the ground floor near the hotel entry and reception which was very noisy, the room wasn't bad but the washroom was small and when we took a shower the washroom got flooded. The breakfast was poor but it was included on price which was nice. For the price we payed i would stay there again... and 100m away there is a restaurant with the best pizza i ate...

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aida_Rm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Kosice
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had a two nights stay. The room was nice and clean, the breakfast was pretty good for the price also. Not far from the city center, however I recommend to take a bus instead of going on foot (as we did at the first time)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Bowdon - UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed with my daughter from 3rd March 2012 to the 5th. When we arrived despite us booking two rooms they tried to give us just one, assuming, I think that we were man and wife. When I explained I had paid for two (through Easyjet) the guy on the desk put my daughter in the room right next to the front door.

My room was downstairs in a small hallway that stunk - it clearly had a damp problem and there was a noisy dehumidifier outside my room. The room had been badly painted, was cold the whole stay and rather shabby, there was black mould in the shower and damp up the walls.
There was a noisy generator attached to the outside wall which apparently ran the upstairs fridge which I had to ask to turn off as the whole room hummed!
My daughter's room was also cold and depite asking them to warm the rooms up they never really got warm enough. t was also incredibly noisy being blighted by the traffic and the slding front door opening ebry time someone came and went.
The showers in the morning were cold and there was nothing for breakfast apart from croissante and packet toast, as I can't eat wheat I had nothing - no fruit, nothing but a cup of coffee.

I wouldn't stay here again, I think we got the worst rooms in the hotel. When I asked to change my daughter's room, (at 4.30pm) I was told there was no alternative.

For a 2 star hotel I would say it was 1 star - cold and smelly.

Room Tip: We had poor rooms. Choose a room at the back away from the front door - alas I do not think you will...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

The rooms are muggy, small, claustrophobic.. There is no elevator. If you are assigned to 2. or 3. floor, you are in serious problem. The staff does not help to carry the luggage. I would not prefer even it is cheap..

• Stayed November 2011
Armidale, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

This is a typical small hotel. The staff are friendly and welcoming. We arrived tired and needing assistance with luggage which they carried up to the 4th floor for us without complaint (or tip)! When my husband set off early one morning to find a coffee, they stopped him and made one for him themselves. Breakfast is included, there's 24 hour staff on the front desk. It's clean enough, has ensuite, though very small, and there are good shops not too far away. A bus ride away from central station and tube nearby as well.

Room Tip: There is a bit of traffic noise, so try to get a back room. Also, as there's no lift, one on the...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2010

I intended to stay at Hotel Dateo but was unable to fulfill my reservation...I wasn't able to fly into Milan (from London) due to ash from the Icelandic volcano. I was deeply disappointed with hotel staff, who never even responded to my original email about my cancelled flight. Out of my trip, (Milan to Pisa, Venice and Florence trip-plan,) Hotel Dateo was the only uncooperative hotel to not give me a refund. I have no comments about the overall hotel room/location quality, but please beware that if a natural disaster within Italy occurs during your trip, this is not the hotel for you. They are cheap business people.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Kristiansand, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2009

We went to Milan for a weekend getaway, and was just looking for a cheap and central place. When we first arrived we got a room that was dirty; the bed wasn't made and there were candy wrappings spread all over the room. When I told the guy in reception he was very apologetic and gave us a new one. The room was quite ok and most important it was clean. We got new towels and soap every day. Our room was facing the back of the hotel so we didn’t hear any traffic or other noise, and we stayed there from Friday to Sunday. The breakfast consisted of pre-packed croissants and biscuits, juice and coffee.
The hotel is close to train station and it’s easy to get in to city centre. We walked in to the city, and it wasn’t a bad walk, took about 25 minutes to Duomo.
If you stay there and don’t want to stress in to town at night you have to try out the BBQ restaurant! It’s on Via Pasquale Sottocorno, not sure about the number but it’s easy to find. The food is superb and service to match. Prices are reasonable; we got dinner, dessert and a bottle of wine for approximately €70. And you HAVE TO try the chocolate soufflé there, it is unbelievable! Around the corner from BBQ you’ll find the wine bar La Cantina di Manuela (Via Poerio 3). Lots of good quality wine, both local and national, and the staff are great! They also serve food, but we just went there for after dinner drinks (both nights:))
All in all I would recommend this hotel to friends if all they’re after is a place to sleep not too far from town, but I’d tell them to search for other hotels in same price range first:)

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple