“Vile”
Review of Duca

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Milan
Duca
Ranked #411 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Hard to write about how bad this hotel is, We stayed one night as we needed somewhere near the station. If I had to do it again I'd save my money and sleep in the train station.

The room was dirty and falling to pieces. No way in hell is this a three star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tim R

Reviewed 21 September 2011

Do you need the experience of a sleepless night ? in the squalor of a filthy room where the tapestry keeps the traces of ancient dirt, the wallpaper is falling down, the window glasses are immaterial so that you feel just as if you were in the middle of the road where all sort of vehicles (cars, motorcycles, trains, buses…) are around you ? where windows rattle in the wind, the old furniture creaks, the (tiny) TV receives signal only from two lousy channels, and there is absolutely no way to get something to eat or drink… if you do need such an experience: then I recommend the Hotel Duca… and .. guess the price you have to pay these days for such an enjoyable blank night: only 220 Euros!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LUCIAANGELA
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Dirty, moldy, smelly try somthing else. avoid this place

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank oliver l
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Had to pick a hotel near Milano Centrale (train station) urgently and I unfortunately chose this hotel.

The guy at the reception was a little grumpy when I checked in. Carpet in the room was very dirty. Bathroom was decent except the shower stall had no curtain. The twin bed was fairly comfortable, until I work up the next morning with rashes all over me, might have been bed bugs though I can't be sure. The breakfast room was quite untidy and the spread of food was not adequate. There weren't clean tables when I showed up at 8.30am. Though it advertises free Wi-Fi, the network only extends to the reception area and a little beyond, you could see the router perched on a shelf along the corridor! If your room is further from the reception area, you're not going to get any signal.

The hotel is located on the 9th floor of the building, there is a private elevator serving the hotel but it is rather small. Do note if your party is large and you have a lot of luggage. There is a MacDonald's conveniently located on the ground level which although was fast food, proved useful during the heavy downpour when I was there.

I would not want to stay in this hotel again. It was not very good value for the €99 I paid, especially with the dirtiness of the room and the rashes I got from sleeping in the bed.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Sparrow336
Reviewed 23 June 2008

Booked this hotel on Booking.com one day prior to arriving. Not very happy about this place. It was advertised as if it was a penthouse view. Not! The hotel is located on the 9th floor of an old building in the scuzzy part of Milan near the train station. The owner at the desk was very rude when he greeted us with words that no women come into a place in Italy without their men first. That creeped me out. Didn't know he was watching us from a hidden camera placed at the door on the street level. His comment was not funny. The first room, a double room, was disgusting. The door had obviously been broken into at some point and was being held together with scotch tape. It backed onto a scummy alley with a balcony shared by the next room. Didn't feel safe at all in this room. He reluctantly gave us another room, only on the condition that we had not used the bathroom on our arrival. The twin room we got looked like someone had vomited on the floor, although it may have been a bleach stain. Hard to tell. I checked for bed bugs but it seemed to be clean. The room was okay and faced the front street, noisy, but felt safer than the first room. We stayed for two nights as we had booked this in a hurry and could not change hotels in the pouring rain when we were there. Breakfast was actually very good and that is about the only plus for this hotel. Paid 65 euros per night, advertised as if it was such a deal being slashed from 215 euros per night. Ridiculous! IP

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 8 October 2007

I paid 210 Euros for a Hotel worth $40.00 USD, booked via Booking.com I canot beleived. No curtain shower, No shower on top, just a hose on the tub.
Beds dirty, everything dirty, No Higiene in the Hotel or breakfast do not ever go

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 14 June 2005

Duca is close to the train station but a terrible place. It's the 6th floor of a building above a McDonalds. It was just a one night stay (thank goodness). Do not recommend, thin walls, bad breakfast, tiny room, and there was a can of fly killer outside of our door in the hall which they left there at all times. No AC our mini bar, no soap - how this is rated a 3star is beyone me. We paid 75 euro per night, it's not worth any more that's for sure.

• Stayed: June 2005