“Very good deal”
Review of Hotel Edy

Hotel Edy
Ranked #214 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Very good deal, great price and nice room.
The room has a.c., nice bed and good bathroom.
The attendants are very nice, specially Nadia, but the others doesn't speak english. The hotel it's a little far from downtown, but close to the metro station in a nice neighborhood. The breakfeast is at the recepcion, a cup of coffee with a slice of chocolate cake. If you want a cheap, clean, and cute hotel with nice people, it's a good choice!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Good service and friendly staffs, but the person in charge cannot speak in English. Room and toilet is clean but lights are a bit too dimmed. Location is good as near Gambara station which directly goes to Duomo (the main attraction area) This is just nice for a short stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We got all we expect.Room with a privet bathroom, free WIFI,and nice staff.If we will return to Milan,We will choose to stay again in this hotel.
Good value for the money.The hot water was not hot enough but it was possible to make a shower.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
pabono, Owner at Hotel Edy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank you for being our guest and for being so nice to us and we are pleased to have met your expectations
Thanks again from all the staff!

Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

This was my base for my Milan trip. Overall I felt the location, although not around town (Duomo) area, was ideal. Carrefour was nearby and at the train station was about 3min away. Since I was looking for halal food, the Santa Maria pizzeria which was just outside the Gambara train exit was a godsend with their fantastic halal kebab and pizzas. The staff at Hotel Edy were also able to speak English (3 of them could) and were helpful too. The bidet and in-room shower were small and the bed was somewhat soft but I think for Europe standards it was good value. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank IchalLechenko
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I stayed here based on so many 5-star TA reviews, of which I am now suspicious.
Yes, the staff is very friendly, but their motto might as well be "We're Friendly So We Don't Need To Clean." The floors, baseboards, elec. outlets, etc., were caked with dust, so much that threads of dust were actually hanging off them like cobwebs. (Bathroom too.) All floors were brand-new tile so cleaning would be easy, if anybody bothered! My slippers were gross after a couple of days. Heaven help you if you drop your toothbrush...
During my four days there, nobody ever emptied the trash--I finally took some food-garbage to a bin outside myself. No shampoo/soap packets after day #1 either. And the coup de grace occurred my final day there, when I came back late and found that nobody had even come in to make the bed! The used towel was still lying on that dirty floor, next to the unemptied trash-bin. Thanks a lot, Friendly Staff!
The location is a problem too. While the hotel is only a couple of blocks from a metro-stop, the distances on a map are deceiving: it took on average 45 min. from Central Station to the hotel, in part because you change lines at the Duomo, and have to walk clear across the metro-station from M3 to M1. I wasted hours doing this.
When I return to Milan in a month or two, I'll be willing to spend 5-10 Euros more, for a hotel more centrally located--and maybe I'll even find one where they clean, too!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank clare45Rome
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This hotel is a very good starting point to explore Milan. The staff takes care of its guests. staff giving good advice on Sightseeings and restaurants in the city. Next to the hotel is a beautiful restoranb where you can eat.
next time I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ilya I
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I think this hotel has the best value price/quality. Very cosy place. Good atmosphere which created Paola - the host of the hotel. Personal is ready to help you and answer on your questions. Near with hotel big supermarket Carrefour is placed. So no problems with food.
From now I'll recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple