“Rooms are not great, but good enough for the budget” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Kennedy

Hotel Kennedy
Ranked #403 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Seattle, Washington
“Rooms are not great, but good enough for the budget”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

I found my self in the situation of being extremely carefully with my budget. I decided to look for a very inexpensive hotel. I found the Hotel Kennedy. I got to admit that the staff was informal, but very courteous, polite, and they spoke english (a plus). I had to pick the single room without a bathroom, which was a major inconvenient, but for the price(50 Euros) that was all my money could get. I learned later that Milan was indeed a very expensive city to visit.
Like I said the staff was very nice, and the rooms were clean, however the Hotel is quite informal, the windows faced a small backyard and all I could see was the back of some other buildings, so if I thought that 50 Euros was going to buy me a nice balcony with a view of nocturnal Milan, I was wrong.
What bothered me was the rooms doors. The rooms had no actual doors, per say they are folding thin doors with a very rustic locking mechanism. with that being said, if I wanted to open my window and enjoy the afternoon breeze, I had to place a chair or something to hold the folding door on place, because the back draft breeze will open the door every time, and then I have to run to close it up.
I think that since this is a business, the manager should invest a little bit of the money they gain in make some room improvements, at least the most basic ones, installing some good doors on their rooms, give your customers a little privacy!!
Other than that I enjoyed the stay, and the location is certainly unbeatable.
Should I recommend this hotel. That depends, mainly in everyone's budget, if you can not spend a hundred or two in a nicer hotel, you can go to Hotel Kennedy, just lower your expectations, the manager is very nice and friendly, and despite the doors situation you and your family will feel safe and moderately comfortable.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Washington, DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2009

I wrote Hotel Kennedy an email from a secure Federal government email that I wanted to cancel my hotel room with them. I sent it 4.5 months in advance. I listed the reservation number, the date, the booked rate and my name clearly. I used the email that was on their website. They still charged my credit card for the stay - as a no show. When I disputed the bill with my credit card company they fought back. Poor behavior.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank melisdc

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Kennedy for 4 nights last September and had a wonderful time. The location, off the Corso Buenos Aires, close to the train station and the city center, was perfect. The concierge was more than kind to us and recommended restaurants and places to visit.

The rooms are spartan, but comfortable and clean.. The lift is cramped, but there are two of them. We had the back room with private bath and a balcony. Our last morning there we had breakfast on the balcony. Watching the sun come up over the rooftops of Milan was a delight!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Having to use the elevator to go in and oout
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank Peggo
Secret
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2007

Hotel Kennedy was a splendid hotel with a view of the super impressive Duomo. The people were very helpful to us and spoke English, although the lift to get up to the top floor was very cramped. We had a shared bathroom but it was very good..

• Liked — good location for exploring Milan.
  • Disliked — it was tricky to get to from the train station on a Sunday.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
Liverpool
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2007

I booked through Venere.com. I stayed in Milan between 22nd - 24th May 2007. It was an appartment, NOT a hotel and NOT a b&b neither. No breakfast provided sorry. The reception was just a desk, and the lady was not very friendly to us. She didn't tell us that the air-con inside our room was broken until we asked her. It was summer time and the room was just like a sauna room, without a fan or anything!! The en-suite toilet was so tiny and with NO window or fan!! The shower was too small, after you enter it you just can't move! The TV was so old and small that I thought I went back to 1950s!! The lift was small and old too... HOWEVER, the balcony view is really nice. Ask for a balcony when you book this hotel, so that at least you can be impressed by something.

PS: Good price and great location though.... ( 1-2 mins walk to the nearest metro station, mcdonalds downstairs, loads of shops for shoppers)

PPS: By the way, my boyfriend supports Liverpool FC and we both watched the match (the final, 23rd May, Liverpool against AC Milan) in our room. Yep, AC Milan won... and after that we could hear the cars beep beep beep all night... that was annoying!!

• Liked — Location, balcony view, price
  • Disliked — room facilities, staff services, no breakfast provided
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2007

I was looking for a hotel near the train station, saw the Frommer's review online and called and booked the room. When my wife and I arrived it was 11PM and the neighborhood was pretty scary. The Sex Shop down the street was the only thing still open. The hotel was a dump. That is the only way to say it. I always look for the bright side and rarely complain. I was the one that was steamed after seeing
the room. The walls are disgusting and haven't seen a coat of paint since the sistene ceiling. The bathroom mirror was cracked all the way across. The furniture was the very cheapest and most depressing I have ever seen (outside of prison movies). I rushed to the computer
to write this review to help others learn from my mistake. The Frommer's people need their head examined. Take my advice if you are going to book this room and just save yourself the 80 euros.......sleep next to all of the bums that my wife and I had to step over the next morning on the way to the train station.

• Liked — The end..when I left
  • Disliked — The overall crappiness of the hotel, room and furniture.......
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank TitanShane
raffy79, Amministratore at Hotel Kennedy, responded to this review, 19 July 2008
Dear sirs,

when you make a reservation online you can see all the info and services. For example: Brekfast is not included in the rate but you can have for 4 euro per person. Then if you make a reservation in a 1 star hotel then you do not to think about a 5 star hotel like las vegas....that's all!
San Francisco
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2007

My friend and I were originally going to stay at Hotel Del Sole but they lost our reservation (despite me reserving it months in advance) and suggested staying at Hotel Kennedy. I only spent one night there in a double room w/ sink. Toilet and shower were across the hall. Room was clean but very, very small which is why I would not have been able to spend more than a day there. Location is near a metro stop which is nice for getting around Milan. Going back I would not stay at this hotel unless I was in desperate need of a room. It is OK for a night but not if you are planning on spending more than a few days.

• Liked — Near metro stop
  • Disliked — Small Room
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends