“Good location”

Hotel Kennedy
Ranked #409 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Positive points
- good location: 2 min walking to the metro station.
- clean room and ensuite bathroom

Negative points:
- noisy room due to street traffic

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 August 2010

really great hostel / hotel with really friendly & helpful staff.
its located near the centre of the city, metro station is close by.
there is also a cheap supermarket only 1 block from the hostel.

rooms are nice and clean, towels and lines included. view of the alpes from one balcony.
really recommended!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2010

This moderate hotel has all the basic essentials: private rooms with balcony and sink, TV, dresser, and Wifi. Full washrooms are clean and just down the hall. Rooms are tidy and mattress comfy for a twin bed in a budget hotel. The only thing missing is A/C but fans in each room. Staff friendly, elevator works, and drinks incl beer sold at check in 24hrs. Metro is across the street! Will be back.

Reviewed 28 September 2009

It's a low priced one star hotel near the central station of Milan. It's ok for a short trip, but you can't sleep much longer than one or two nights on these beds. The bathroom was ok, the staff friendly and informative. There's a high traffic on the street in front of the hotel, so that you have to keep the windows shut while sleeping.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2009

I found my self in the situation of being extremely carefully with my budget. I decided to look for a very inexpensive hotel. I found the Hotel Kennedy. I got to admit that the staff was informal, but very courteous, polite, and they spoke english (a plus). I had to pick the single room without a bathroom, which was a major inconvenient, but for the price(50 Euros) that was all my money could get. I learned later that Milan was indeed a very expensive city to visit.
Like I said the staff was very nice, and the rooms were clean, however the Hotel is quite informal, the windows faced a small backyard and all I could see was the back of some other buildings, so if I thought that 50 Euros was going to buy me a nice balcony with a view of nocturnal Milan, I was wrong.
What bothered me was the rooms doors. The rooms had no actual doors, per say they are folding thin doors with a very rustic locking mechanism. with that being said, if I wanted to open my window and enjoy the afternoon breeze, I had to place a chair or something to hold the folding door on place, because the back draft breeze will open the door every time, and then I have to run to close it up.
I think that since this is a business, the manager should invest a little bit of the money they gain in make some room improvements, at least the most basic ones, installing some good doors on their rooms, give your customers a little privacy!!
Other than that I enjoyed the stay, and the location is certainly unbeatable.
Should I recommend this hotel. That depends, mainly in everyone's budget, if you can not spend a hundred or two in a nicer hotel, you can go to Hotel Kennedy, just lower your expectations, the manager is very nice and friendly, and despite the doors situation you and your family will feel safe and moderately comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2009

I wrote Hotel Kennedy an email from a secure Federal government email that I wanted to cancel my hotel room with them. I sent it 4.5 months in advance. I listed the reservation number, the date, the booked rate and my name clearly. I used the email that was on their website. They still charged my credit card for the stay - as a no show. When I disputed the bill with my credit card company they fought back. Poor behavior.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank melisdc
Reviewed 27 July 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Kennedy for 4 nights last September and had a wonderful time. The location, off the Corso Buenos Aires, close to the train station and the city center, was perfect. The concierge was more than kind to us and recommended restaurants and places to visit.

The rooms are spartan, but comfortable and clean.. The lift is cramped, but there are two of them. We had the back room with private bath and a balcony. Our last morning there we had breakfast on the balcony. Watching the sun come up over the rooftops of Milan was a delight!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Peggo