I stayed at this hotel recently and had a wonderful experience and wanted to share this with everyone. Here are some basic knowledge that people should know:
1. It's a basic hotel. This is not an international chain. When you walk into the door, you will feel like you've gone back in time. However, the hotel is clean, which is more important. For the price you pay, this seems to be reasonable in Milan.
2. It's somewhat convenient. The hotel is not far from the metro station of "Loreto", which is on both the number 1 and 2 lines. You do have to walk a few (6 1/2) blocks to get to it. It took me a while to even exit the right exit from the subway station to get to Via Porpora, which is the street you should walk on and then turn left on Viale Lombardia.
3. The room is old, but clean. Can't stress this enough. Clean rooms are more important than whether the hotel is old or not. Room has wallpaper that is a bit torn here and there, but I can accept that given the price I paid. The door locking mechanism is an interesting one. From the inside, you have to turn the lock and then press the button on top of the knob to make sure it's locked. On the outside, use your key to turn the key to the left, then press the button on top of the knob to make sure it's locked. I had a room right next to the elevator, and yes, I did hear some noise but it didn't bother me. It was just people talking. Shower is small because of the folding door. Once you get inside it's fine.
4. Breakfast was alright. Not a huge spread but it is sufficient. You can order a cappuccino from the staff. Very simple stuff. The juice machine - just press the button once and let go - the juice will automatically stop.
5. Wonderful staff. Both Enrico and Kris have been great. I had some issues while in the city and the two of them offered to help me to call and resolve the situation. They even advised me to take the "normal" taxi as they called it - to go to Linate airport as my flight left early in the morning so it would not have been possible to take the bus 72 from San Babila.
6. Internet. WiFi is 3 Euros per day per device. Once you use it on one device, you can't use the same username/password combination on another device.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Lombardia Milano boasts over 40 years of extensive experience in the hospitality field in Milan. Its recent restructuring and the change in ownership have brought the hotel back to its original splendor. Our fine services have remained the same but they've been streamlined so as to adapt them to modern needs. For example, our cuisine has been modified and now offers a faster service but it is also tailored to the customer's needs. The hotel's location, which is close to Piazzale Loreto, Corso Buenos Aires and not far from the Citta Studi and its prestigious Politecnico di Milano, the National Cancer Institute and the Besta Neurological Hospital, can be considered as a sort of stronghold of hospitality right in the Milan city center. The Hotel Lombardia rooms are quite spacious and are very luminous and well cared for. They all overlook the inside of the building: they're very quiet and offer a peaceful view over the garden There are one or two room apartments that can accommodate 2 to 5 people. All apartments overlook the building's inner garden. The hotel has a small Conference Center with 4 conference rooms that can facilitate between 10 and 100 people and are enhanced with natural light. The event installation can be modulated and the rooms are equipped with a video projector, sound system, (Wi-Fi) internet connection and speaking lecterns on demand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Agoda, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Lombardia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lombardia Hotel Milan