“Friendly hotel with lovely balconies and nice garden”
Review of Malta Hotel

Malta Hotel
Ranked #290 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 8 June 2010

It is a nice and friendly hotel with lovely balconies which are so great to relax on after a great day in Milano. It charges you up for the next day. The room was very very clean and the family which runs the hotel was very kind, friendly and helpful. Also the staff were very friendly. The location is nice and quiet, close access to the centre of the city. It was a very relaxing stay.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank TravelZItalia
There are newer reviews for Malta Hotel

Reviewed 20 January 2010

We stayed here in Sept as we had tickets for F1 and Champions league match. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and patience considering we spoke 0 to 10% Italian, and had to leave on our last day at 4am. Rooms are cleaned everyday and although not big, they aren't small either. Hotel is very very close to a metro station that takes you to the centre in around 1 min. Alternatively you can walk to the centre down corso Buenos Aires which is like Oxford St in London. There ae Cafes and Restaurants all around the hotel and prices are very good. Milan is a very nice, fashionable and unique city. I loved it and would return to Malta hotel if i could. You must eat a pizza at STOP about 50 metres from the hotel. And try Zanni Viaggi website for a good tour of the city and Da Vinci's Last Supper, which is also a must!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jmguzman10
Reviewed 8 December 2009

I wasn't sure what to expect as this place had mixed reviews and was also the cheapest place I could find on fairly short notice, a few days before my weekend in Milan. I got a single room for 40 euro a night. The rooms were not ready when I arrived, so I had to leave my bags and come back after 130pm to check in. My room was on the top floor, up a narrow flight of stairs. You also have to descend some steps when you first enter the hotel. The building is a bit old and the walls are thin, so much so I could hear all the plumbing from the adjacent room, but everything in it is fine and the location is not too bad, a short walk to the Loreto metro stop. It was easy making reservations by email, just needed to tell them my arrival time. They wanted cash payment. The desk staff were nice enough. The hotel ended up being fully booked the night I was there, so even for a place like this, you need to book ahead.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank mangobing
Reviewed 18 May 2008

I have never stayed in a meaner hotel in my life! My husband and two adult daughters spent the longest two nights of our lives in this prison cell of a hotel. Access to the hotel reception is difficult with luggage. You enter at street level straight on to downward stairs to the desk and then have to cart your luggage back up another flight of stairs to your room. The staff didn't have very good english at all and found it difficult to direct us to a decent restaurant, be aware the bar around the corner is below standard. especially for breakfast. Our bedroom was directly above reception and you could hear all conversations, arguments and coughing into the late hours and then early hours of the morning. In between time you could hear people above going to the bathroom and people arriving all hours of the night as the entire building is tiled and the acoustics really bad. We were given one thin blanket for the bed and one flat pillow, the heater on the wall leaked and the bathroom was dirty. Your couldn't pay me to stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2007

The most terrible hotel I have ever stayed because of sounds and smell of some disinfectant. If You are used to some comfort - stay away!!!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank Ciao20002
Reviewed 3 December 2006

we were only there for one day, so the location was perfect for us to jump on the metro, and cram a full day's worth of culture into our brains. Their staff was great, and knew more than enough english to overcome my broken Italian. The room was huge, with a view of the courtyard garden. Good shower pressure. There are also plenty of coffee shops, and pizza places within a block. We ate in a section of milan called the Naviglio Grande...a great restaurant called 'Locanda dei du e mes' on ripa di porta Ticinese, 21- just know that 'cavalo' is horse. enjoy

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ddsmith
Reviewed 30 October 2006

The Malta hotel is clean, the rooms are no-frills and ok. It was in a very quite area with a secure car park nearby (need to pay) as parking is such a problem in Milan.

Hotel is conveniently located to the main station and the Metro. There is a good bar around the corner for breakfast (excellent caffe and cornetto breakfast).

We walked down Via Buernos Aires down to the Duomo area which took a while but we were windown shopping. There is a Metro line if you want to save your legs.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple