“Hotel Gambara meh”
Review of Gambara Hotel

Gambara Hotel
Ranked #248 of 428 Hotels in Milan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Story, Wyoming U.S.A.
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This is our second stay in 3 years. The staff were great, close to the Metro, clean rooms. If you are looking for fancy, this is not your place. But if you want a nice clean hotel close to Metro travel, this is it. I will stay again when we come back to Italy.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
wales
Reviewed 16 September 2009

It was absolutly proposterous that this hotel, which I had booked a month in advance, emailed me two days before my stay to say they had made a mistake and so booked me in elsewhere. I was already travelling by this point and so it was a miracle i recieved their email atall, and travelling meant that i was unable to look up even the location of the new hotel let alone the reviews. I am very disspointed that the hotel gambara waited so long to contact me, and did not seem to appreciate the enormity of the inconveinence they had caused.I booked early so i could carefully select my hotel based on reviews so was NOT happy when placed in a mystery hotel!!

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 April 2009

My husband and I stayed here for one night. (Flight out of Milan the following morning). Room was clean and reasonably comfortable. Price was good (50 euros for a Saturday night). The location was very near to a Metro station on the line that goes to the Duomo, but there were a number of transfers to get to the Milan Central station and to the airport. The primary negative to the hotel was that it was very loud. I think our room was situated right under the reception desk on the floor above, so for several hours while we were trying to sleep, there was a significant amount of walking/scuffling noise. The typical "why are they dragging a chair back and forth for three hours?" kind of feeling that anyone who has lived in an apartment has probably experienced.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank illinicheme
Idaho
Reviewed 30 March 2008

We thoroughly enjoyed our experience there because the staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. My husband and I stayed there and it was, for both of us, the most pleasant interaction we've had with hotel staff. The hotel was clean and there was a breakfast included. We would love to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ekk5
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2006

We stayed one night at the Gambara Hotel, it was nice because of its convinence to the Gambara Subway station. 10 minutes to the Duomo area. It was very cheap only 45 Euros in May which is an excellent deal. The accomodations themselves are very basic, very small room, no breakfast and out in the working area of Milan. Overall for the money it is a very good value!

• Stayed May 2006