“the worst hotel in the world”
Review of Arco Hotel

Arco Hotel
Ranked #395 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 26 October 2013

ive spent 2 nights in that hotel.... i had a room at 2nd floor and when it was raining the room were flooded from up.... no workers can speak english. it took 25 minutes to tell them that i wanted to be changed my bed sheets because they were wet from rain....... room were too hot. even it was 20 C outside the heating was on... its better to stay at the park than this hotel.... stay away....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Serhat T

Reviewed 10 August 2013

travelled to Milan in march 2013 and was quite keen to branch away from hostel living for a night and booked a room here to have my own room and space. I arrived early and wasn't allowed to check in which was understandable but wasnt allowed to keep my belongings in the hotel and was rudely dealt with in this process. When I finally was able to check in, I was given the key to my room which was unlocked when I found it, while the bathroom was also still a mess as well as having cigarette butts in the toilet which was supposed to be in a non smoking hotel. The disfunctional family who obviously own this hotel have enough internal problems of their own as most of the noise came from them yelling at each other. Having said this, the mother was the only one who seemed to have an interest in how my stay was, while the son downstairs was obviously too lazy to walk up the flight of stairs to have my dirty room cleaned, and the father remaining disinterested while he sat at the bar. Having to pay almost half of the accommodation fee for internet topped it off as the worst accommodation I have had travelling. If I ever return to Milan I will not set foot within 500 steps of this place.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank charphillips
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Ended up here after ringing around Milan hotels late one night looking for a bed. Good location, straight tram service into Centrale Station (#9). Not a bad part of town. The front sign was broken which didn't look good but inside it was clean and comfortable. I moved rooms because they only had a triple the first night but both were comfortable and clean, and looked fairly recently redecorated. Bathrooms had piping hot water, everything worked. It is a bit noisy on the first floor if you have a room by the breakfast area, but if you don't take earplugs when staying in hotels there's something wrong with you. Standard issue breakfast, best early before the fresh pastries are exhausted and the pre-packaged ones were left. The staff are a family, maybe not grinning 'have a nice day' at every opportunity, but I found them polite and very helpful. I don't know what their English is like. I just don't recognise the place from the negative reviews below. It wasn't expensive (E50), has free wifi and they have a bag deposit too. I'll stay there again.

Room Tip: Second Floor probably quieter, away from the eating area / people hanging out late.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Only Location si great! The rooms are small! The toilet is small. Staff uninterested. Breakfast below average. Internet is charged, the location is excellent and nothing more. If you stay up to 2 days, this is OK. The hotel hasn't parking, which is the website displayed. Public garage is at 900 m from the hotel, pay 6 € for 24 hours.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Flopy_EU
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Having backpacked through Europe for 5 weeks, this was by far the worst accommodation.
First off, the staff were rude, ignorant and more or less bullies. It is a family run establishment, that reflects a mob attitude.

The booking we had stated breakfast included. When we attempted to eat, the father became extremely vocal about breakfast not being included. After going back up to our room to obtain our booking, he looked at it and replied 'one coffee and croissant'. Meanwhile, there was a mini breakfast buffet.

The middle of the hotel complex is under severe renovations, when you open your balcony door. The air conditioning did not work, or they were too cheap to allow one to turn it on.

Avoid at all costs. Truly an unpleasant experience. Left us with a bitter taste of Milano.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mur H
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We are not that demanding when it comes to a hotel, and have stayed in many low budget hotels. The Arco Hotel in Milan however was the absolute worst we ever stayed in. Upon entering, the lobby was in repair, so we had to take the (very dirty) stairs to the first floor. The people at the reception are very unfriendly, and hardly answer your questions (if they speak English at all).

The room we had was very dirty, dust had accumulated on top of the closet and tv and underneath the table. We found a hair in our bed, and the cover sheet for the pillow was totally worn and not clean at all. Right outside of our window they were renovating/demolishing the rest of the complex, so we had to keep our windows closed to keep the dust out as much as possible. This of coursed caused a very hot and humid room, which made sleeping very difficult. We had to pay extra if we wanted to turn on the air conditioner. The bed was too small for me (I'm 1.82, but my feet were hanging out of the bed). The bathroom was dirty and had cracks everywhere, which gave shelter to cockroaches...

We tried the breakfast the first day, which consisted of a packed croissant and a lukewarm cappuccino, which we were only allowed to take standing at the counter. We happily avoided this "breakfast" after that first time, and fortunately found some very nice breakfast places just outside for the rest of our stay.

Okay, one positive point: it is not that far from the city center. But it is totally not worth the price. If anyone is considering this place: don't do it, pay slightly more for a decent place, and avoid this place at all costs!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We had booked for 2 nights at Hotel Arco.
The reception was friendly but the friendly hit to the time we got to the room.
Beds were unmade, no curtains available, a sliding door to the window not closed, a foul smell and cockroaches in the clothes closet walked!

We would like another room, this was not possible according to a fat man, and according to him there was nothing wrong with the room.
We have after one night decided to go to another hotel.

One word: Terrible!