“My second stay.. won't be my last!”
Review of Hotel Colombia

Hotel Colombia
Ranked #152 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I took up residency at the Colombia as a last minute, just walked by, popped in and checked into their last single room. Room 8, ground floor (great, no lifts, stairs or corridors to walk), fit for wheelchair/disabled access of which I appreciated the width of the bathroom, although there was no bidet (but that's a detail that will interest some, I was happy with the shower).

Again, lovely spot for P.ta Venezia only a few blocks away and great for Milan's Stazione Centrale and the Metro/underground, as well as buses to airports of Linate/Malpensa/Orio.

Oh, I rated the room as average because as a true single room it was tiny in comparison to when one is given a double for single occupancy. But it was OK for me for the night.

And I'd definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for Hotel Colombia

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business. Great location clues to central train stAtion. Good room and nice surroundings. Staff v helpful - advised great place to eat. Breakfast seems good and small garden is nice too. Got a good price on stay and will stay again for sure

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I had a very short stay in Hotel Columbia, less than 24 hours. The location is very good, close to Milano Centrale station and yet not adjacent to it, in a quiet street, near a restaurant. It is 150 meters away from tram line1, which leads to the City historic center. The staff is polite, helpful, efficient, albeit in a very official and professional way. Breakfast is copious, the rooms are large. The beds are really comfortable ! We were allowed to our room one hour before official check-in time. This is officially a four-stars hotel. It is really decent, and overall it has nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hadi_2012
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I picked the hotel because it was near my offices and near the train station. I liked it and will use it again on my next visit to Milan.

It has a pleasantly decorated foyer (see pics). Rooms are a bit basic and tired for a 4 star hotel but ok. Breakfast was nice. Good selection of cereals and cold meats. Cheese options were missing (triangle cheese only). The helpful waitresses will bring you a fresh cup of coffee, which is nice.

I would not rate this as a true 4 star hotel but I wanted something close to my office so it was ideal.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have been in Milan 4 times while travelling on business, and this was my first time at Hotel Colombia. All of my other hotel experiences in Milan were positive but this one NOT so much. I would not stay here again and do not recommend this hotel unless you are looking for more of a budget travel experience where you can save money.

Positives -Colombia is within short walking distance from Milano Centrale train station. This was nice, considering that my train arrived in Milan at 11:30 PM. Breakfast buffet - typically included as in my instance - had full selection and was quite good. Also while sounding silly, their bath products provided in room are very nice smelling / quality.

Negatives - I was there during Fashion Week (albeit not for Fashion Week) and so price was elevated relative to standard rates. Upon check-in, the hotel was not even half full (as I could see from keys hanging on room boxes behind front desk) and I was placed right next to a room with a screaming baby around midnight. Since hotel was not full, I went to front desk and asked to be moved to quieter room. The second room I was given had the air conditioning unit / motor removed and no A/C at all. It was hot as can be and uncomfortable. When I went back to lobby and asked for a room with A/C (as advertised), I was given a third room which was quiet and still hot but at least an air conditioning unit was in the room and minimally functional. This entire check-in process took me about 45 minutes. The lobby person was rude and did not believe me that there was no A/C unit in the second room. After he went up there himself to verify, he came downstairs and offered an apology to me. Only then did I get a third and partially decent room.
I did not get a full night's sleep because I was hot in the room and annoyed after the experience I had upon check-in. I would not stay here again.
Rooms are also updated, beds hard/ comfortable, and walls need to be repainted (scuff marks, etc).

Points for consideration: I saw a few other hotels closer to train station that looked much nicer from the exterior. Two were right across street. Wish I would have stayed there instead.
If you want to be closer to Duomo & Galleria, there is a nice NH Hotel with better location.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Colombia is a 4star next to the central station. There are a few 4 star in this area and they are admittedly all good, unfortunately they're all also quite expensive. However for some form of luck I found a 2-night deal at 190 eur and I grabbed it, a 3 star in this area may cost the same if not more at the end of the day.

I have to say my expectatons were lived-up to: the staff was very nice, the lobby cosy and inviting with a design touch, the room was clean, modern and with a huge bathroom. There was no breakfast included, however at the corner of the same road is a bar with amazing cappuccinos, further to inviting sandwiches and pizzas if you're in the area for lunch

Bottom line, next time I plan a trip to Milan I'll try and stay here, it was a really good stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank silviaaroundtheworld
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This hotel is conveniently located 5 minutes' walk from Milano Centrale. The decor is modern and clean. The room has a lot of storage, is very quiet, and includes free wi-fi and in-room safe. The breakfast buffet was quite varied and included coffee, juice, eggs (scrambled & hard boiled), cereals, meats, fruit & yogurt, breads & croissants, etc. There is a pleasant little garden area off the breakfast room where you can enjoy a drink from the bar. The English-speaking staff is also very friendly and helpful.

There is a computer and printer in the lobby area and a fitness center on the premises (which I did not see). Overall, a good value for all the amenities provided. When arriving from the train station, cross the taxi stand and then cross the road. The hotel is around the corner from Ristorante Giglio Rosso.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple