“so terrible experience and unpolite stuff”
Review of Hotel Valley

Hotel Valley
Ranked #416 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 29 December 2012

we stayed in this hotel for one night.We reserved triple private room but they gave us dorm bedroom for 4 person.Their reason was the room is mess and stuff was really unpolite.i dont recommend this hotel.only location is good but i think if u find somewhere else just go and stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Quite good service, and perfect location. 5 minutes to Milano Centrale Metro station, in front of the hotel great restaurant with cheap pizza and funny staff. 10 minutes to big well equipped Simply Market. Small rooms but comfortable beds. Price a little to big.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Krzysztof P
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Located close to the train station, but that's about the only positive thing I can say.

The "hotel" appears to be a few rooms within an apartment block, which was a bit odd. On arrival there was a man smoking in reception, next to where breakfast had been laid out ready for the morning. Given our room, which had a shower in the ensuite. We had booked a room "with bath" according to the website, so queried this and were told that "with bath" actually meant "with bathroom" and that no-one had ever told them that "with bath" didn't mean the same thing before in the last 15 years. Not a problem, but felt a bit mislead.

No air conditioning, but there was at least a fan.

Went to go out for dinner and discovered our room didn't lock. Were told at this point that we could go and stay at another hotel, and they wouldn't charge us, but of course it was quite late by this point and we had nowhere else to go. We were then offered a discount, but when we came to check out there was someone different on reception who hadn't been told about the discount, so we didn't get it after all.

Was looking forward to this hotel after spending the 4 previous nights in a tent, and was overall very disappointed, firstly by the stress caused by the room not locking and being told to go elsewhere, and then frustrated at them not honouring the discount that they had promised us.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gtenex
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I just created a tripadvisor account, but I thought I'd review my past experience at the hotel. We travelled to scotland in april of 2010. The day we were supposed to fly back was the first day of Ash Cloud incident. We made it to milan, unexpectedly, and had to book the hotel on the train. We found the hotel and it was really late. The man working at the front desk was very rude and unwelcoming. We gave him our passports and he started to fill out paperwork. Then he insisted that we go to our rooms and they would keep the passports overnight. We obviously weren't comfortable with that, so we waited for a really long time. Finally, he showed us to our two separate rooms (we weren't informed that they would be separate). To make it worse, the rooms were in two different buildings and the man told us that one room had to be my husband and I and the children (our oldest was 17) had to stay in the other. I'm not sure why this was a rule, but we obviously fought it. I stayed in the bigger room with 3 of my children and my husband and one of my sons stayed in the other room. Our room was awful- dead bugs on the wall, broken furniture, etc., but my husband said there room was even worse- cracked tiles, etc. We all felt very unsafe, despite the proximity to the train station. In the morning, the desk worker tried to charge us more than the guaranteed price, and we ended up just paying it, as we had to make a train. Overall, the hotel was awful and I didn't feel safe staying there with my family. The only good thing was that we'd only booked for a night.

Room Tip: Don't stay here- really, honestly, the train station would be better- and I have slept in train...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank tniemann
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Hotel Valley is in an ideal location for those interrailing, since it is only 5 minutes from Milan Centrale. This and its very cheap price attracted me to it, but I really think that this is really only a one night place for those taking the train.

Stayed in an en-suite triple room, which was clean with relatively comfortable beds. However, this did not really count for much given the lack of air-conditioning, which even in mid-September made our two night stay quite uncomfortable. We had to specifically ask for a fan and this didn't make a huge difference.

Given that there isn't much tourist stuff in Milan anyway, if you are planning to visit, only stay here if it's in the cooler months and for one night. Obviously, if you're not on a budget, stay in a more central part of Milan at a higher rated hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank RalphMedders
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The room i stayed in was a good size with a clean en suite bathroom.There is no air con so it can get very hot. I wouldn't recommend leaving the window open either as we ended up with quite a lot of insect bites the day after we did this. I would probably describe hotel valley as a hostel as opposed to a hotel. However, it did lack the great atmosphere that one usually gets in a hostel. The lady who signed us in was quite cold but she gave us some interesting information about the area. There is no kitchen so that isn't great factor for travelers on a budget who prefer to cook than eat out. The hotel is in quick walking distance from central station and tram lines to where you can get anywhere around the city quickly.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Hotel Valley Milan is located only a 5 min walk from the Main Train Station in Milan which is perfect if you're Interrailing as i was.
It is located in a block of apartments, which didn't look great from the outside but inside it was fine. There was a small reception area.
The room was really big and spacious and was like a hotel rather than a hostel. There was also a balcony which was nice. The beds were comfy and we all slept very well. Two towels per person were also supplied which was great.
The room and bathroom were very clean, although water from the shower did leak into the room after use but this didn't really bother us.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends