“Average hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #196 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Saint-Petersburg
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

I spent 4 nights there in December 2012. The hotel is good situated near the metro station (Wagner station, 0.5 minute walk). The rooms are clean, but need to be renovated. I was there with my friends (5 persons) so we booked 3 double rooms, there was a balcony in one of them, in others - there wasn't, but the price was the same.
There was very good breakfast in the hotel - a lot of salamy, ham, fruits and so on.
Last day of staying in the hotel I asked concierge about a taxi to the airport (Linate). The hotel couldn't arrange us a transfer for 5 persons and wanted to call 2 taxi - 25 euro each because they can't find a big car for us! I called to taxi-service myself and for 1 minute they found a big taxi for 5 of us (only 25 euro at all), so be carefull!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

Frankly the hotel location is its plus and minus. too bad it's near the metro and noise is appaling but we didn't sleep so early - fine. Plus is that there's many good restaurants nearby and my wife and I had a good time walking around trying new food.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

On the webpage it says that its location is ideal for MiCo. So we decided to stay to this hotel. The worst decision ever!
There are some nice restaurants near to the hotel, Wagner underground station is just a few steps away and that all the positives!
On hotel web site is written that rooms are "sound proof" and "modern - furnished". Lie!!! The room was tiny, with small bed (but clean toillete), the one and only elevator was dirty and just for two persons or one and his luggage, the cappucino at the breakfast was terrible and the lobby dirty without a TV or internet connection.
More than 30 min walking distance to the congress venue or subway and walking (total time 20 min).
Actually it was my worst desicion ever. My dear friends, stay away. My dearest enemies,... Nuovo Marghera is waiting!

Room Tip: No room, good room!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

We used the Hotel for a two night stay over in Milan. We had excellent service from the reception, checking in, advice on parking and orientation on where we are in Milan and getting around. The room was neat and good. The bathroom had all the standard options. Breakfast was a standard Italian one and the Brioche was good. Although don’t waste time getting coffee from the machine in the breakfast area, it’s better to grab something from a café outside if you prefer something of the quality. In total it is good value for money and they are extremely close to the metro so getting to the Duomo station or the like is easy.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jaco R
Malta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

Located just outside Wagner Metro station, it is only 8 minute underground ride to the Duomo. There are some eateries near the restaurant with a good pizzeria that stays open till 1am just next door. There is also a Mc Donalds across the road, amongst other establishments. For those who prefer to use the bus, tram number 16 from Piazza Piemonte will take you directly to the Duomo.

Room is clean, decor very simple and small. Bed was confortable. Nice bathroom with a spacious shower. TV isn't good and only connects to few channels. Wi-FI isn't free and sells at a hefty €15 per day.

Staff was helpfull whenever I asked something. Breakfast included a small selection, nothing to write home about, pineapple juice was low quality and was the worst pienapple juice I ever tasted.

Price was reasonable at €55 per night for a single room in Milan. Considering you're in Milan and location is good, I wouldn't mind returning to this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank noble-taste
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed at Hotel Nuovo Marghera in Milan for 4 nights in September 2012.

On the second day, when I requested the concierge to assist me with a car rental reservation, the gentleman at the counter very kindly directed me to the phone booth in the lobby to place the call myself.

The next day, I required assistance from the concierge again, this time with a restaurant reservation. Instead of troubling the, I thought I would make the call myself and went to the same booth to make that call.

When I stepped out of the booth after the call, the concierge asked me to pay for the call.

I agreed to do so but politely pointed out that I was not aware the calls were chargeable since the previous concierge directed me to make the call myself. So I suggested (again politely) that for future reference, he should tell guests in advance.

He then became very rude. He asked if I thought it was his fault. Again, being polite, I said it was not his fault but a misunderstanding. But he then went on to point out that he wanted to me to acknowledge it was not his fault and made it clear he thought it was my fault that I was not aware of any charges payable. I told him firmly his attitude was not appreciated, after which I left. But another colleague came along and they spoke loudly in Italian saying that I should not have expected the call to be free and that I was unreasonable. When I replied I understood what they were saying, they said in English "Good for you!"

The attitude of the staff at the concierge is simply not acceptable.

While most hotels charge for local calls, these hotels would: (1) state clearly that local calls were chargeable; and/or (2) bar the lobby phone from being able to make local calls and restrict the same to room calls only.

Further, all reputable hotels would assist its guests with reservations at no charge.

More importantly, I had been very polite and did not deserve the concierge's attitude about whose fault it was, or any sarcastic comments within earshot.

This is the rudest and worst attitude I have ever received in any hotel of any grading.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

My Wife and I stayed at Nuovo Marghera in July of 2012. We were in Milan for a wedding and a some sight seeing. Nuovo Marghera is a great hotel for the price. It's a little cheaper than other hotels but it deson't lack in basic needs. We stayed on the second floor and had a good sized room, extremely comfortable bed, good sized bathroom, amazing water pressure, and very good air conditioning. This hotel also has a breakfast included with your stay that is definitley worth eating. It's not huge but is very good and has many options of food. The espresso and Blood Orange Juice were probably my favorites. The Hotel staff couldn't have been nicer or more accomadating, espeically the front desk staff. The afternoon into evening front desk person and the mid morning person were an absolute delight.They both were very helpful on how to get places, where to go for certain things, and to use their internet to check in for flights, etc. The hotel is located about 1-2 minutes from the Metro stop and in an area that has a lot of good resturants and bars. We were very happy with our stay there and would definitley recommend Nuovo Marghera to anyone else going to Milan. .

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor seem to have the best air conditioning. There is no pool or fitness cente...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple