“dont bother to come here if you dont want your personal belonging move without your permission.”
Review of Hotel New Salus

Hotel New Salus
Ranked #420 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 30 April 2014

they move our thing without even told us first!! when we first come everything seem fine. the toilet is functioning even though there some broken thing. the room is quite big but the problem is the verandah door cant be locked! its broken!!! we have to move the chair to the door to as safety precaution. the 2nd day, we found out our personal thing have been move out to other room!!! the reason is, we need the bigger room for other customer! what a rude way to say to ur own customer. didnt we also ur customer???? they move us to smaller room, which is too small for 2 people. they blanket they provide is also smelly. i wonder if they even wash it before. no wifi. the staff surely not the friendly type and when ask about things, the will always make u annoy. the only good thing about this hotel is it situated near the metro and supermarket but still far from city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank nimerk

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I really recomend this place! Just one star, but it's becouse they have only 20 rooms. Everything was clean, room was small but very nice. People from reception was very, very friendly :D For student and people who love to travel and not spend "all inclusive holiday" it's the best place! Located next to subway wich take to to center and duomo!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

i do not recommand going to this hotel, and I'm surely not a person to criticize everything. the staff was just incompetent and rather unfriendly. due to an inconvenience, my friends and I were not able to stay for 2 nights, as we had originally planned, but to go to milano for just one night. we tried to change the reservation, but when we called, they told us to write an e-mail, to which they never responded. BAD SERVICE, shabby rooms. I'm just disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emily G
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Just awful! It was so lame that I can't even find the words to explain it. First of all we didn't receive the reservation confirmation even when we tried to contact the hotel twice because of that. After going there we just have to pay more than 16€ over the fixed price of the reservation.

The room was just chaotic; not only there wasn't any private bathroom (as we booked) but the drain of the wash-sink was absolutely blocked (we even found a plunger just beside the sink). The water tap was also broken, it even seemed detachable... even the drawer and the bed's leg were out of action.

But the worst part were the two receptionists that we found there: when we ask them (even in perfect italian, because the person I was with has been living in Italy for more than a year) if they had any complaint forms they just acted fool and ended up screaming to us to just shut up.

So we just went out of there without even an official bill of the service.

Room Tip: Just don't go there...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Joana O
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My daughter and I were traveling around Italy and booked this hotel. There is nothing good I can say about it. The neighborhood was scary, the people checking us in were sketchy and the room felt dirty, dingy and unsafe. I was awakened at around 2 am by a woman screaming in the next room at someone. I don't speak Italian fluently, but it didn't sound good. It was a long night and we couldn't check out fast enough. I will never return.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank M W
Reviewed 24 May 2010

This place messed up our booking, claiming we (2 people that have already been round a fair bit of italy) only booked 1 bed and they gave us nothing but attitude. Not only was our booking messed up but the staff refused to admit that they had made a mistake. When we asked them why they advertised a double room on the net as being available, which we booked, they just refused to answer. The customer service was rediculous and the lady at the reception desk was insulting us in italian. The man dealing with the situation point blank refused to answer any questions we had. He also used the F word a lot.

When two other travellers came in with the exact same problem they changed their tune and tried to offer us all random beds in various rooms at the same price. When we said we were not happy with this they told us they could move some people out of their current beds and we could go into them - without cleaning them!!!

The other travelers had email confirmation of their booking and wanted to use the net to show them the proof but the guy refused to let them. dodgey? I think so!

The location is terrible and the place looks so old, dirty, smoke filled and just a generally disgusting place to be. We were only in the reception area for under half an hour and I really felt like I needed a shower afterwards. It is miles out from the city centre and we needed to take a metro and a bus to get there.

In the end we never got a room. After some arguing and threatening legal action through visa, we got the deposit back and ended up spending the night at the airport. These people did not deserve our money. They just wanted to rip us off and take advantage of the fact that places were filling up due to the European championships being on that day.

RIP OFF!! BEWARE! worst hostel experience I've had.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
6  Thank smoothedoutdrummer
Reviewed 23 May 2010

We never stayed at Hotel Salus because they messed up the booking. We had booked a Double Room with a Shared Bathroom. When we got there, we were told that we had only booked a single room with one bed. While arguing with the manager, another two women entered the hotel and encountered the same problem.
The managed refused to realise his mistake. He said that we could share a double room with four beds pushed together... for the same price.

I demanded my deposit back and left.
The area is not nice and the rooms look smokey and dingy.

I would BEWARE when booking a room at the Hotel. It seemed as though the manager was trying to cheat us out of our money and deposits. He was very unprofessional and couldn't seem to work out how many rooms he had free.

If you are forced to take a room here, I would call them about the price. They don't seem to know about the bookings made online- for how many people and at what price.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends