“Great value, very clean and friendly, convenient for Linate airport and city centre”
Review of Hotel Ideale

Hotel Ideale
Ranked #125 of 427 Hotels in Milan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed 2 nights visiting our daughter living nearby. Although unimpressive from the busy road, we were very pleasantly surprised, a friendly welcome, fairly basic but immaculate room, comfy bed and good shower. Breakfast simple but very good, decent choices, though we were too late for the bacon.
About 20 mins walk to city centre or excellent public transport nearby, buses, trams and metro!
This was a great find, would definitely stay again and it is great value for money.

Room Tip: Probably best at the rear and higher up to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Free parking. Good working wi-fi. People in hotel is very friendly and help very fast in any case. Room is very clean. Hotel has a small buffet. it is possible to drink a glass of wine, tea or coffee. No problem with taxi. It will come up to 5 minutes after order. 15-20 minutes to Linate airport.

• Stayed February 2013
Kranj, Slovenia
Reviewed 2 November 2012

It has very friendly staff and quite good location and very nice breakfast. The only bad think is very narrow (and free) parking, but the staff can park the car for you. It has a free wi-fi in the room and the connection is good. It's not so far from the city center, about 20 minutes of walk and there's a tram station nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I live outside of Milan and often come in to socialise. I therefore book a hotel in the city for convenience. My one night stay at the Hotel Ideale was really pleasant and was everything I needed for the visit. Spacious bathroom, comfortable beds, lovely balcony over a green garden area and most especially - welcoming, friendly staff who were happy to help and very flexible. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We were in the hotel for one night only and we were really positively surprised about the nice room with a small terrasse. The breakfast was good as well, but then we wanted to check out and the guy from the reception wanted to charge the full price again, eventhough I prepaid by credit card. I called my credit card provider and got the confirmation that the whole amount was already paid. I went back and tried to talk to the hotel guy. He always told me that I only paid the commission. I showed him the confirmation I got from ebookers and asked him to call them. He got really agressive and even threat me with a lawyer. In the end he showed me the email he got from ebookers and there was clearly written, that it was confirmed that I prepaid the whole amount. In the end, after about one hour discussion, he threw us out of the hotel. Absolutely unbelieveable! I think he did not understand english!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank mofrei
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night at Hotel Ideale and found the accomodation to be pleasant and clean to look at, with comfortable sized rooms. We were greeted by Antonio who was very friendly and helpful and assisted us with all of our enquiries. The hotel has some underground carspaces (not many) which we made use of, and which those of you with either vertigo, or a fear of tight spaces will find interesting to get into ... you'll see what I mean if you park your car there!

The hotel is conveniently situated just a short stroll from the number 54 bus route which will take you right into the Duomo, so it's a breeze to get right into the centre of Milan in under 10 minutes.

Breakfast was ok, a selection of pastries, toast, cereals, juice and eggs was on offer. The thing that spoilt the stay was the noise. We were in room 102, first floor, right next to the staircase, and we could hear everything that was being said down in the lobby ... all night. Plus, the walls in the room are paper thin, once the neighbouring room came back in from their night out, we could hear them walking around, moviing their bags, watching tv, showering ... pretty much everything. We were 2 months into our holiday, and it was the worst nights sleep we ever had. So if you're going to stay there, don't stay in 102, in fact, try and get as high up, and as far away from the staircase as possible, and bring some earplugs.

All in all though, now that I know what to look out for, and avoid, I'd stay there again, the price was good and you got parking and breakfast for under 100 euro, not too bad ... but I'd make sure I had my earplugs ready to go.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mikal P
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I recently found this hotel via tripadvisor not being capable to find a hotel in Milan for the evening I wanted to stay. charming little place and I must say that the breakfast sweets in the morning were a real treat. Was able to park downstairs and the owner of the place was extremely welcoming. If I go back to Milan soon, will surely pick this one again as a great stay. Plus... craving the delicious "ricotta" cake I had in the morning.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business