“Cozy & Convenient”

Ranked #85 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Singapore, Singapore
“Cozy & Convenient”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Rooms are small but at least there are still some walk space with 2 large luggages. Ms Valentina servicing at the Recep counter always try her best to answer our questions. The Metro station P.ta Venezia is right outside hotel so it's really convenient to take metro especially the red line which brings us to Duomo. Tram stop (Tram no. 9) outside hotel takes us to Milan Central Train station as well. We did not have breakfast in the hotel but we found nice cafes nearby. And there is a telco shop on the left side of hotel for those who wants to buy pre-paid sim card.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room not facing the main road if you are light sleeper.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
silvia r, General Manager at Mercure Milano Centro, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Sirs,
thank you very much for the positive review you wrote about our hotel, especially about our front-office service.
We hope to see you soon in Milan.

Yours sincerely
Silvia Ramazzina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I used to live in Mian and know the area where this hotel is quite well, so I was a bit skeptical about finding a quite room there (crossing of two main ways to the city centre of Milan). So I was oh so very please to find that this hotel (or at least the room I was givene, on the 2nd floor) was quiet. I am not saying I could not hear any noise at all at night, but it was certainly something bearable even for someone like me who's a very light sleeper.
The room was big and clean and the bed comfortable, even though they could do something more on the pillow side. The bathroom was very very big, too, but it would benefit from some refurbishing: I am not saying it was bad, but it certainly was not modern and there was not enough space to put my makeup and toiletry, which, in such a big room, looked a real waste of space. On the positive side, I would like to point out that at least the soap is paraben and silicone free.
The air conditioning/heating system was a bit too noisy to my ears, so I would point this out especially to those who are going to stay there in late spring and summer, so that you are aware.
A note on the personnell: they were all very nice and polite, from front desk to the room cleaning staff and made me start my day with a simle.

Room Tip: Ask for an internal room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank di-TABS
silvia r, General Manager at Mercure Milano Centro, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Sirs,
thanks a lot for your long and positive comment. We will try to improuve our service for give you the best we can do always.
We hope see you soon in Milan.
Thanks again and our Best Regards.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Good breakfast
Good boutique style hotel located right on a Metro station
Within easy walking distance of Duomo Just around the corner is another well known shopping strip.
Very nice friendly and helpful front desk staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank chiragsh
silvia r, General Manager at Mercure Milano Centro, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Sirs,
thanks a lot for your positive comment.
Kind Regards.

Denmark
Reviewed 6 January 2014

In November, I had to make a last minute business trip to Milan. As I had very little time to plan the trip in advanced, I decided on this hotel which is located very well and close to the one of the business hubs of the city. Room prices vary depending on when and how you book, but I know that if you do your research in good time you can get some real bargains.

I didn’t have a vehicle with me, but utilised local taxi’s every driver seems to know this hotel and there is a taxi rank pretty much outside of the hotel and too the right of the stand. As I had an early morning flight from Linate, the gentlemen on the front desk said why walk and called me a taxi which arrived in a matter of seconds!

Rooms are clean and decent, and I particularly like the wooden floors (not a big fan of carpets in a hotel room). Internet connectively was ok and included in my room price. Staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way to help.

Being in Milan, I didn’t eat at the hotel so I can’t comment on its food, but the hotels bar wasn’t the cleanest in my book.

Milan is a difficult city when it comes to mid-priced hotels, as the standard pretty much the same across the board, however this hotel is a little quirky, clean and efficient and I would not hesitate to stay there upon my return to the city.

P.S. you must visit the Gelateria which is right next door to the hotel ;)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mo. S
silvia r, General Manager at Mercure Milano Centro, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Sir,
tthank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. Referring the bar, it isn't the bar of the hotel but it's a separate management;we assure you we' ll extend your comment to the property.
Our best regards.