“Chef Berton and his staff SUBLIME”
Review of Ristorante Berton

Ristorante Berton
Ranked #41 of 8,388 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary, International, Soups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stazione Centrale
Reviewed 16 June 2014

What can be said that has not been mentioned in the reviews. Must say I am in accordance with the "good" reviews and cannot be, on the other hand, at all with the bad ones. We had a wonderful dinner, we ate "a la Carte". Really impeccable, everything was delicious and the staff top professional! We were never without anything, bread, water, and out Wine but without the waiters being "over". I really think that Michelin stars should come very very soon! Excellent in every single word. Chef Berton invited us to visit the kitchen at the end of the our dinner, which in any case is in view from the restaurant, everything was in its place and spotless. My sincere compliments, I highly recommend it. The tables, which were in some of the reviews a "spot of dislike" personally I found them fantastic, big space between the Others at the table and superbly set.

1  Thank IMLeonTerzi

Reviewed 9 June 2014

After been a few years ago at Trussardi la Scala Berton's old restaurant,my wife and me wanted to live again the excellent experience we had and it was exactly what we expected.
Starting from the locating,the excellent service and the food which with Berton is each time an experience I can only warmly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This restaurant was 6 months old when we visited it and we had the time of our life. The service was attentive and impeccable . The surroundings were modern and comfortable. We don't speak Italian so we needed translation and our waiter was very good at that. Our food was beautifully prepared, served and very good. As fine a restaurant as I have ever been to and I have dined in the best of Europe. Every dish was beautifully prepared and I was so impressed with the kitchen. At the end of our meal we went back to meet the chef. He came from a Michelin 2 star kitchen and I believe that by next year he will have his stars. It was a very memorable evening and I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Popeyebird
Reviewed 31 May 2014

After two NYC chef friends recommended this ristorante, my wife and I ate at this fairly new restaurant in May 2014. It was sublime. The combination of creativity, well executed cooking and service was notable.

I had the seven course "broth tasting menu". This was not about hot soup.....
Some of the broths were cold, some warm, some served on the side of the course, some bathed on the course. This involved surprises and combinations, that all tasted great.

I would be surprised if this stylish eatery did not earn several stars in the next review round.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I had the chance to test Berton cusine several times when he was at Trussardi La Scala and had mixed feeling, intriguing his own dishes and terrible Marchesi's style dishes. This time it has been a nightmare: as appetiser we had red shrimps with beetroot icecream, the two of them good, very good, but damaged by the foam of I do not remeber of what and a disgusting chip of something else. As a main course I had pasta with clams and mussels and parsley souce, very good balanced and parsley not invasive but reported in the menu as "rigatoni" while they were "sedani"; as main course we had milanese veal, disgusting with no taste, lot of water released by the meat and very improvable frying and mullet with tomato water and something else, forget about it. I would judge it as a false start, will give him one more chance and he is better not to miss it. This as to the kitchen, as to the service the electronic wine list was not working and did stack on the first region selected, I have been forced to choose a white from Alto Adige and was luky enough they had Nova Domus from Terlano I like a lot but not at 90 euro per bottle; most of the waiters still at school, which means cheap, but the say if you pay peanuts you get monkeys applies. Lat but not least the chef did appear only once to honor a presumed roaster VIP and his guests while neglecting all the other paying guests, very parochial attitude !

5  Thank barozzim