“I do NOT recommend. Please see photos”
Review of Hotel Gonzaga

Hotel Gonzaga
Ranked #400 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“I do NOT recommend. Please see photos”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in April 2012.

The first room I was put in (where all but the jacuzzi photos are from) was dirty and smelly. The bathroom smelt of sewage. The shower was grimy with mould.

The heater/air conditioner was broken with parts falling off it. The walls were dirty. The fire alarm on the ceiling had a plastic bag cellotaped over it.

It was cold on my first night and I rang reception and asked if someone could show me how to work the heater - I was told no one could help. I asked if they had a spare blanket - no. I asked if they had a spare heater - no. I asked if they had another room - no. Basically the man on reception could not have cared less.

The next morning I complained to a different member of staff who was a bit more understanding and moved me into another room. This was a bigger room and the heater/air con worked. This room had a bathroom with a bath/jacuzzi. I couldn't wait for a nice bath after the smelly/dirty shower unit from the first room I stayed in. However, the jaccuzzi spewed out filth and dirt. It was disgusting and again, smelled of sewers.

This is the worst hotel I have stayed in.

I said to a friend at the time that I would have been better off sleeping on the streets. It was a horrible experience.

I encountered 3 members of staff. Two of those had were surly and had an attitude.

I can only advise you NOT to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank karenstrunks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Thai first
Satellite Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Quick, one night stay in Milan. Gonzaga is a great spot, walking distance from Centrale and nicely kept. Third floor entrance via an office entrance is a bit strange but nice inside. Desk staff was great, I think my guy was Walde (spelling??). Helped with dining and sending me to the right spot for some shopping needs. Nice breakfast in the morning and great, great free Wi-Fi!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Arrived in Milan from Rome and searching for a hotel we came across Hotel Gonzaga, who at first approach (and throughtout stay) had great service. We were given the Triple Room and this was clean, modern and we felt very comfortable. The hotel had wi-fi, so we were able to surf the net on our phones, without charge, which was great.

Breakfast buffet in the morning was also great.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Bredsten, Denmark
Reviewed 19 October 2010

The hotel advertises itself as a top rate hotel with multilingual staff: hardly any english spoken. The shower curtain showed an interesting flora of fungi growth, the managed to loose my wifes nightgown and pyamas, that were taken (by mistake??) together with the laundry. Inhospitable in general. The advertised internet: sorry does not work.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank forestenergy

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2010

I stayed here during the Furniture Fair last week, April 2010 - which means prices are doubled to start with at 225 Euros per night. However, even paying half the price would be a rip off. It is classified as a 3 star hotel, which is a joke. On day one there was no hot water for a shower! The service was sullen to say the least. The toilet seat was broken but I gave up trying to get it fixed because no one took any notice. Then they left wet towels for us to use when we returned at the end of a long day. The bed was never changed in the 6 days we stayed (I don't need my bed changed each night but I suspect this was a money saving not a planet saving exercise). The hotel claims to have internet access (at 5 euros per hour) - it did not work and I heard other guests complaining about this - the receptionist merely shrugged her shoulders and said "I'm no good with computer". But we had to visit the local internet cafe to get connected. The breakfast was miserable - not one piece of fruit. If I treated my customers like this I would be out of business!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Ruth-from-London
Wexford
Reviewed 12 June 2009

my boyfriend and i flew to Burgamo and got a bus from the airport to the city, €17 return for both of us, had major trouble finding the hotel, no one knew it existed, although everyone was happy to help us find it. when we finaly did find it it was unrecognizable from the photo's. it was on the 3rd floor of an apartment block, we had to buzz in and give our names, we were told they were fully booked and we had to explain that we had a reservation. we were realy put off by the apperance of the place from the outside. the hotel however was ok, rooms were basic, but clean. my main problem was with the staff, so unfriendly and unhelpfull, they seemed to be annoyed at any questions or problems we had, is it not there job to help?? on their website it says "smoking permited" which is not true, "tea and coffee making facilities"-not true and there is only about 5 channels on the TV and sky apparently dosn't work? a quote on the website aslo states: "Elegant atmosphere, which is adjusted fully and completely to the needs of the guest" COULDNT BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH. receptioist was extremely grumpy and ignorent, manager wasn't much better, one receptioist was asleep on a chair when i came up to get a drink at the "bar" around 4 o clock in the evening! this hotel is a good place to crash, its cheap and most things are easy to get to from here, but dont expect much.

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amy031
Hong Kong
Reviewed 10 June 2009

Don't confuse by the hotel picture and address. It looks like that the hotel is a big building; however, you can't find it's lobby at the ground because it is located at the 3rd floor! Actually, I don't mind if I know this upfront. However, it is just out of my expectative. The room was very big but there was no bath tube or bath sink in the toilet. Therefore, water floods after bathing. So be careful!

One thing you need to know is that if you go out in the night time and return after 7pm, you need to use a calling machine downstairs to call up the staff at the hotel so that you can enter the commerical building front door at the ground floor. We have to stand at the street for a few minutes before the hotel staff aware our call downstairs.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple