“avoid avoid”

Ranked #399 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Bredsten, Denmark
“avoid avoid”
Reviewed 19 October 2010

The hotel advertises itself as a top rate hotel with multilingual staff: hardly any english spoken. The shower curtain showed an interesting flora of fungi growth, the managed to loose my wifes nightgown and pyamas, that were taken (by mistake??) together with the laundry. Inhospitable in general. The advertised internet: sorry does not work.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank forestenergy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2010

I stayed here during the Furniture Fair last week, April 2010 - which means prices are doubled to start with at 225 Euros per night. However, even paying half the price would be a rip off. It is classified as a 3 star hotel, which is a joke. On day one there was no hot water for a shower! The service was sullen to say the least. The toilet seat was broken but I gave up trying to get it fixed because no one took any notice. Then they left wet towels for us to use when we returned at the end of a long day. The bed was never changed in the 6 days we stayed (I don't need my bed changed each night but I suspect this was a money saving not a planet saving exercise). The hotel claims to have internet access (at 5 euros per hour) - it did not work and I heard other guests complaining about this - the receptionist merely shrugged her shoulders and said "I'm no good with computer". But we had to visit the local internet cafe to get connected. The breakfast was miserable - not one piece of fruit. If I treated my customers like this I would be out of business!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Ruth-from-London

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Wexford
Reviewed 12 June 2009

my boyfriend and i flew to Burgamo and got a bus from the airport to the city, €17 return for both of us, had major trouble finding the hotel, no one knew it existed, although everyone was happy to help us find it. when we finaly did find it it was unrecognizable from the photo's. it was on the 3rd floor of an apartment block, we had to buzz in and give our names, we were told they were fully booked and we had to explain that we had a reservation. we were realy put off by the apperance of the place from the outside. the hotel however was ok, rooms were basic, but clean. my main problem was with the staff, so unfriendly and unhelpfull, they seemed to be annoyed at any questions or problems we had, is it not there job to help?? on their website it says "smoking permited" which is not true, "tea and coffee making facilities"-not true and there is only about 5 channels on the TV and sky apparently dosn't work? a quote on the website aslo states: "Elegant atmosphere, which is adjusted fully and completely to the needs of the guest" COULDNT BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH. receptioist was extremely grumpy and ignorent, manager wasn't much better, one receptioist was asleep on a chair when i came up to get a drink at the "bar" around 4 o clock in the evening! this hotel is a good place to crash, its cheap and most things are easy to get to from here, but dont expect much.

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amy031
Hong Kong
Reviewed 10 June 2009

Don't confuse by the hotel picture and address. It looks like that the hotel is a big building; however, you can't find it's lobby at the ground because it is located at the 3rd floor! Actually, I don't mind if I know this upfront. However, it is just out of my expectative. The room was very big but there was no bath tube or bath sink in the toilet. Therefore, water floods after bathing. So be careful!

One thing you need to know is that if you go out in the night time and return after 7pm, you need to use a calling machine downstairs to call up the staff at the hotel so that you can enter the commerical building front door at the ground floor. We have to stand at the street for a few minutes before the hotel staff aware our call downstairs.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Yukling
Ireland
Reviewed 8 April 2009

My girlfriend and I flew into Bergamo Airport with Ryanair. We got a bus from the airport to the Central station, 1 hour, €20 approx return for both of us. Hotel Gonzaga is less than 5 minutes walk from the Central Station, even though everyone we asked did not know the hotel or where it was. The hotel was an ideal location to catch the bus to the airport for the early morning return flight. The hotel is a 30 minutes walk from the city centre/ duomo (catheral). The hotel is very basic. The staff are not friendly. It is on a very busy and noisy street. The hotel would not turn on the air conditioning so we had to leave the window open so we didn't get much sleep. The room was clean. The beds were dressed and new towels were put in the bathroom each day. The breakfast is very minimal, no hot food. If you are on a budget then you will accept the hotels flaws, if you are looking for luxury then this is not hotel for you. The hotel is cheap but that doesn't mean its good value for money!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SeanB1
West London
Reviewed 19 March 2009

Arrived on a Sunday to stay for a week. Uncaring reception staff did not know how to tune in a TV station - in the end he admitted they cancelled SKY the week before and there is no SAT TV. The room was hot and I tried to adjust the temperature on the Air conditioner on the wall, not working - I found out the reason later from reception staff - the Air conditioner in the hotel was switched off. With the windows open, it is noisy, traffic and trams constantly passing by.
For the price of EURO 100 a night there is much choice around stazione centrale. The breakfast is cold with dry rolls butter jam, croissant, no meat (except 1 day was sliced ham but not the rest of my week). Cafe latte is 99% milk, no taste of coffee. Selection of fruit juices, yoghurt are OK. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Pootzi
cyprus
Reviewed 7 November 2008

I was so confused by other trip advisors reviews so I was a bit skeptical what I ll find when I was booking this hotel .But I was happily surprised. Very good hotel for that price I booked, comfortable rooms and most important for me ,it was clean indeed, good location for using metro and train, I think 20-25 min walking to duomo , just everything perfect. Furthermore it was close to area ( 15 min walking) with bars (corso como).
Ok, the breakfast was not rich but I think its enough (its not a 5 star hotel so…) and SOME of the personnel could be more smiley but all of them were helpful. I would recommend this hotel to friend and for sure I would stay there again if I visit Milano.

• Liked — location,clean
  • Disliked — breakfast,
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends