“Well located and well looked after”
Review of Hotel Arno

Hotel Arno
Ranked #274 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 29 September 2012

This is a cheap hotel near the centre of Milan. It's clean and not too noisy. The funiture is a bit basic and the room wasn't en-suite. The decor was good. The hotel is on the 4th floor. There is a lift that you can squeeze 2 people + luggage into.
The not ensuite bahrooms were good and I never need to wait to use them.
The staff spoke English. When I was wondering where my friends had gone in the morning, they told me that they had gone out, that they would come back and gave me a coffee while I waited.
In the height of summer you might want to spend a bit more for somewhere with air-con.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Arno

Reviewed 26 September 2012

It's near to the central stration.The stuff was ok, they really showed interesed and the room was clean. The only exception was that they put us in Eva Hotel because Arno was full, i don't know if the conditions of staying there were different.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We paid for 2 nights. I agree withilovefeta completely. The place we ended up in was Hotel Eva in the same building. Our room did not have air-con in the middle of summer and we left at 4am on the first night because we could not sleep. The bathroom was disgusting and the staff were strange.
Do not stay here because you may end up staying at Eva and not Arno which is misleading and explains the good reviews for Arno and perhaps bad ones for Eva.
Very unimpressed and was glad to leave that dump.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SusannahPK
Reviewed 8 September 2012

My friend and I had a lot of difficulty finding something that suited both of our requirements in Milan. I finally agreed to Hotel Arno based on Tripadvisor recommendations. We booked Hotel Arno and were staying for two nights. Thank goodness it was only two nights.

Location - 10-15 minutes from Central Station. To the city centre (shopping, duomo etc) a lot, lot further. It is located in a scary part of town, I noticed other reviewers said it's not bad so I should mention we were two 20 something females. We resorted to catching taxis at night. In retrospect, if I knew that was going to be the case I would have spent extra money moving closer to the centre rather than spending money on cabs.

Hotel - here is the kicker. We booked through a very reputable site to stay at Hotel Arno...we ended up in Hotel Eva. There is a 100 spot difference on tripadvisor between these two hotels! Again if I knew that I would never have stayed here. The place was old, incredibly hot and falling apart. The bathroom was functional. I really disliked this hotel experience. The reception staff were horrid. Breakfast was ok.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend staying here. You will spend extra money on taxis and the trains because it is too far to walk repeatedly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Location was a 10 mins walk from centrale station. Hotel is equiped with a retro lift which is really interesting. We were Impressed by the warm greetings from patrick.

Room is decent and clean. We booked for a room with private bathroom attached which i would recommend for travellers to consider.

Overall, it is highly recommended. Value for money.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Siang123
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The 1-twin-bed bedroom was extremely small. It looks old and uncleanly. The shared bathroom was OK.

Location is fine, but the area doesn't feel too safe at night. They lock you out too - you can't leave the hotel with your room keys, and the reception closes at ~1AM.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank José Pablo V
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This hotel is basic and has no unnecessary comfort or luxury. But it is centrally placed (5-10 minutes walk from the central station); it is cheap (45-60 euro for a double room); and, the owner is helpful and friendly.

We--two families with teenager daughters--chose this hotel based on tripadvisor reveiws and because we had to spend our last night of a vacation in Milan in order to catch an early flight the morning after. For that purpose, the hotel was a good choice.

The hotel is in fact two hotels: Eva and Arno with a reception in the middle. The Eva part is more run down and you should ask for rooms in the Arno part. We had three rooms: 2 and 9 in the Eva part and 26 in the Arno part. Only room 26 had a private bathroom. If you have to use shared bathroom, we would suggest you use the one opposite room 26 as it is better equipped and the water pressure is better. Water pressure was a problem in room 2 and 9 and the shared bath room in that part of the hotel (Eva part).

Otherwise, our only complaint is that there was a lot of noise during night from the trams and the garbage disposal. But that may be a problem at other hotels as well. And there is no air condition which may be a problem during the hot months.

The friendly manager suggested a very nice pizza Restaurant 5-10 minutes walk from the hotel: Piccola Ischia. Colorful, delicious pizzas and cheap.

Room Tip: 26 is good. Ask for a room in the Arno part of the hotel. Ask if there are rooms without noise from...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family