“Never again............!!!!”

Ranked #414 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Wiltshire
“Never again............!!!!”
Reviewed 20 November 2007

The hotel itself isn't too bad when you bear in mind that it is significantly cheaper (we paid 95 euro's/night through LateRooms) than most other hotels in Milan. Even so, you still expect a certain level of service. However, the staff are pretty useless and the place is in need of redecorating - i'm still amazed I didn't die in the lift!

The buffet breakfast was pretty much the worst i have ever witnessed with croissants packed in sealed foil bags (not at all fresh), stale bread, rubbery cheese and coffee, something the Italians pride themselves on, that tasted awful.

On the plus side, the location is good - only 2 stops away from the Duomo on the metro and therefore within easy access to just about everything Milan has to offer.

My biggest gripe I have with this hotel came when I returned home to the UK and checked my bank. They had debited an extra 95 euro's out of my account (on a separate occasion to when we checked out) without my consent or knowledge.

Numerous telephone conversations later, to staff that barely speak a word of English, and three separate faxes the money was still not returned to my account despite promises that it would be. In the end I had to fill out a Visa dispute form at my local bank and the money was refunded to me by the bank.

For these reasons, I would not return to this hotel again and would urge people to consider whether the "cheapest" is really the best option.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff, breakfast, service
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank Chris150

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
belfast
Reviewed 10 March 2007

To start off, we wer made to think that our booking wasnt received until the receptionist looked further.

The staff couldnt have been any more ignorant, never smiled, never even looked at us which i thought was awful.

As it was a small hotel, we had to wake someone up when going back to the hotel late at night and we were made to feel like nuisances.

Someone had 20 euros taken out of their bag as well.

some of the rooms were ok, some were pretty bad. rock hard beds and pillows. showers are tiny and some complained of freezin cold water every time they showered.

wouldnt stay there again. couldnt even have a drink in our room because the staff complained of noise.

• Liked — probably the location - ie not far from irish bar called pogue mahones
  • Disliked — being made to feel unwelcome by the staff from the minute we arrived
  • Stayed March 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank BelfastCelticghirl

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels