“Worst place ever”
Review of Hotel Diablo

Hotel Diablo
Ranked #244 of 277 Milan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Me and my friend booked a double room in a nice little hotel called RossoVino, but as soon as we arrived they made it clear that there was something wrong with our reservation, so we were sent to their partner hostel Diablo.
1. It was VERY hard to find
2. We paid for breakfast, didn't get any, did not even get money back or something
3. no hairdryer
4. there are different people working at the reception and one of them is very very unfriendly and rude
5. mouldy bathroom, thin walls, a lot of noise
6. too expensive for what you get
7. broken tv
8. poorly organised

I think there are pretty good reasons for not staying there

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank llivberlin
There are newer reviews for Hotel Diablo

Reviewed 28 October 2010

really good hostel, it was not realy new but for the price such a good hostel. the bed are like hotel, and not bed overlay.
The staff was cool and helpfull, the hotel is not realy far of the center tow just 25 minute walking in amaisy street called corso 22 marzo with a lot of shops.
we had to be quiet on the night because a lot of complaind from the neighboors rooms in the hotel.
i past a good time in hotel diablo and i will be back the next time that i'll come in Milan.
PS : it's not a 3stars hotel so i don't understan the complain of the others, if they had problems maybe it was an unusual problem just in that moment because for us it was so good.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Every part of the bathroom was broken.
No natural light in bedroom, gave the place a "prison" feel. Our sink was blocked and had fag butts blocking it.
View from bedroom was a cigarette-covered AC unit. We had no AC and the room felt like a furnace.
Absoluely no sign on the outside of the building apart from a tiny label on the buzzer. 'breakfast' was some token biscuits and a criossant. Cheap and in a good location though (near to the black hole club which is amazing).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Theturnipking
Reviewed 18 March 2010

There's no other word to express what happenes. I booked through Hostelbookers.com (I also wrote bad things there but noboby publish them...that's why I'm writing here to warn people. Never go there! I booked a double and called the hotel to tell them we would have arrived by car at 1 in the night, we spent 1 hour to find a parking though the website said there was easy parking around, and when we got there it was a twin and horrible and we went away, looking for another place till 5 am! Unbelievable!stay away from this unpleasant place!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank pallina80
Reviewed 7 October 2009

i joined this website purely to tell people not to stay here. The room was so damp, the bed felt wet when i got in it. There was damp all over the walls. there were hair balls on the floor. the toilet was falling off the wall. the walls were so thin i could hear the conversations of the peole in the room next door. the only saving grace was that the staff were helpful with questions about Milan, but after 9 pm we were told to be silent in the only communal area where we had been told we could drink before going out. so we had to go out early and spend £6 a beer in the cheapest bar we could find. In summary...no where could be worse to stay!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank flymewiththemoon
Reviewed 25 August 2009

After reading some reviews of this hostel, we weren't expecting the Ritz, but I must say it was the most frustrating stay ever! We struggled to fin the hostel as there's no sign. Once we found it, it took a very kind guest to come an let us in after ages of buzzing the buzzer as there was no member of staff there to let us in. We waited for 30mins before a member of staff arrived, only to hear the dreaded words 'er, we have a little problem...' We we're told that like many others, we didn't have a bed, as they'd over booked. So, map in hand, we had to walk the dodgy looking streets at midnight (we're 2 girls) looking for the hotel he'd sent us to. Outside the new place (hotel arco) were 2 drunk tramps on the benches, one asleep, one trying to shout at us-scary. As we entered the new place, we were greeted by a very rude an obnoxious man, telling us we were 'lucky' to be there!! Well, that's saying something, as the Hotel Arco was the worst nights sleep Ive ever had! ...I had no sleep! The room had pull out beds added to it, which meant the winow couldn't be opened, the air conditioning didn't work, which meant that the room was sweltering, so uncomfortable I couldn't sleep. Only positive was that it was reasonably clean.
I would never book either of these hotels, as they were both shambolic....pay the extra few euros for a slightly nicer one!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank charliek82
Reviewed 23 March 2009

Located a few minutes away from the centre of Milan, this is really a bad example of what a hostel is. The location is not the problem since in 15 minutes drive you'll be in Piazza Duomo.

I had never heard of it but it was my only option of reasonable accomodation in Milan since at the time there was a fair and many hotels were fully booked. I regret that I only had this option, but since I didn't knew the hostel, I gave it a try.

You'll be looking for a prominent door with a nice sign that indicate you that this is the place where you'll be staying........but nothing of this. The door is a small door, the size of a normal house. After you find the small door, you smile and ring the small bell that indicate you that its hostel diablo bell. The door opens.......you push it and enter and you find yourself in a block of like flats where residents live. Then you look around and you start laughing and asking yourself whereyou are going. In the corner you can see a small door which is the main entrance. You enter and find the reception, with the receptionist being either a man always dressed with the jacket hood in his head, or otherwise another man which cannot speak English.

To cut the story short, we had a room of 4 beds, with one bed that broke as soon as my friend sat on it, room with no curtains and that everything can be seen from the reception area. In the night, when it's time to sleep, a lot of noise with music and shouting can be heared from the room which doesn't let you sleep. During the day, when normally there'll be some noise, this hotel is quite. Here it seems that things work the opposite way.

And what about the breakfast........you can't imagine. Nothing works, not even the coffee machine, and your option is something from the fridge, but it was almost empty. There was a lot of things which I can mention but it is hard to remember all the special bad things that this hostel can offer.

My best help to people considering staying here is that unless they don't like extreme adventures, their best thing is not to stay here, otherwise they can experience the unexperienced.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business