“The best hotel in Milan!!!”
Review of AC Hotel Milano

AC Hotel Milano
Ranked #94 of 428 Hotels in Milan
“The best hotel in Milan!!!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the AC Milan already 3 times and it seem to get better every time.

To start the location is awesome, easy to drive in if you are renting a car in Italy. Its next to porta garibaldi where you can catch a train or metro practically anywhere and there are Tram lines 50 meters away from the hotel as well.

The rooms are very confortable and breakfast is very good as well.

I have to add that the staff there is so friendly. They go out of their way to make you feel ag home and help you with your plans in Milan. Especially Massimiliano Pezzillo, he is the best!!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I made my reservation online directly at the official site of Marriott back in January, 2014. They have the policy of guarantying the best rate. Two months after, my daughter in law checked at the same web site and the rate she got was €140 less per night per room. When we did checked out they did charged us at the most expensive rate, not honoring their so called best published rate. We found it outrageous.

Room Tip: Beware of the fact that their AC system is centrally controlled. We had to ask them to open the wind...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jaime E
Clarksburg, Maryland
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

The rooms were nice and modern for Europe standards. Heads up! There's not an iron in the room, you have to go downstairs to the "ironing room" and they have AC, but it wasn't turned on. It was a wrinkled sweaty trip at times. Lol! Good for the price though.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. There was a problem with the hot water on the 1st floor but it was resolved quickly and my room was spacious. I was happy to find a well stocked mini bar and the decor throughout the hotel was very nice.

I was very impressed with a welcome letter I received. It reported, correctly, my membership status and access to free wifi. It confirmed the requests I had forwarded and made me feel like the Marriott was well organised and cared about customer service. There was no fuss at check-out and taxis came quickly when ordered from the front desk.

Breakfast was very nice. Lots of choice, lots of cake! Hot and cold food including cold meats and fruit.

The designer shops of Milan can be reached in 15-20 minutes by taxi.

I landed at Malpensa airport. Taxis to/from Milan centre have a fixed rate of 90 euros so I took a bus that left from terminal 6 outside departures for 10 euros. It took 1h and passengers were taken to Milan central station. From there I took a taxi to the AC Milan very easily for 12 euros.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

The bad:-
1.kettle and iron not provided
2.aircon doesn't get cool
3.complimentary water not provided
4.I suffer from dust allergy and always had a blocked /stuffy nose on entering my room

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jbhooch
Tehran
Reviewed 1 April 2014

It was my second stay in this hotel and this time was with my wife and 3 yo daughter, again I found this hotel a good choice with my taste which in summary was: proximity to train station and metro, spacious, clean and modern rooms, polite and efficient staff.

There is some cons i am trying to mention briefly:
1- Paid WiFi (I guess 18€ per day)
2- You can count on the breakfast actually as cold buffet (except a very limited choice of scrambled egg and sausage)
3- In a double room there is no slipper or there is only one, you should call the receptionist for that (I admit they will bring it quickly).

Due to my daughter special food habit I needed some assistance from the kitchen which was denied by the chef in the first place but when I discussed the issue with the front desk manager, Sara, she managed to resolve the issue.

This time I had the chance to explore the neighbor a little and I found some good pizzeria near the hotel (one block away) which I enjoyed the pizza ( ex. Da Franco)

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor and a room with big drawer
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I liked to stay at this hotel. I have not been back for 3 years and I realised that the Hotel really has aged. The painting in the bathroom came off the walls and also the breakfast was not as good as it used to be. However, the price/value is great and you should still consider to go if this is your main driver.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business