“Staff enters your room even with the do not disturb sign on the door”
Review of AC Hotel Milano

AC Hotel Milano
Ranked #101 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. I had an issue with the Air Conditioning the first night as it was blowing warm air not cold air when I turned on the AC unit. In the morning, I asked for the AC to be looked at while we were out of the room for the day. When we came back to the room the AC was still warm. l called the front desk to ask for maintenance to come up. Maintenance came to the room and said there was nothing they could do as that was as cold as the AC gets.
I was disappointed that we had to sleep in a hot room so I asked for the window to be opened as it was screwed shut. The next morning (day 2) we went out of the room for the day. I had the do not disturb sign on the door and when we returned the usual note was in front of the door saying that the room was not cleaned due to the due not disturb sign. Once I entered the room I noticed the room was very hot and the AC was turned off which I had not done. I was very upset that someone came in my room after I left for the day and turned off my AC. Luckily all my valuables were on me & in the safe as the hotel staff still enters room dispute the do not disturb sign being on the door.

I guess the AC Marriott staff enters rooms even though there is a do not disturb signs on the door to turn off guests air conditioning units or to snoop. I was very disturbed that my room was entered when I specifically had the do not disturb sign on the door. Luckily I had my valuables locked up otherwise who know what would have been taken

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lizzie217

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel 2 days ago. A very average hotel.
The Pros:
5. Railway station is 100 meter away

The Cons:
1. No complimentary of WiFi in the room
2. No complimentary drinking water in the room
3. Lack of basic items in the room like sanitary bag, water boiler, slipper to name a few
4. Subway station is approx 300-400 meter further away from railway station

2  Thank Vincent W
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The AC Hotel in Milano offered a great stay. The front desk staff were great, always willing to request a taxi for us and friendly. The breakfast offered is also very tasty and lots of variety. The hotel is quite a distance from the tourist attractions so plan to take a taxi! The rooms are on the smaller side and decorated with dark colors.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I cannot express how cheerful, helpful, and friendly the staff were! The rooms are decent size, especially for European standards, and mine was on the 17th floor with a great view. Like the other AC I have been in, they are a bit spare--no coffee/espresso maker or water in room--but the convenience of the train station (most trains from stazione centrale seemed to stop there as well) and the nearby Corso Como and Brera neighborhoods were great! Easy streetcar or nice walk to Duomo, Palazzo Sforza, etc., and bike lanes abound to rent local bikes, too! Would stay here again given the phenomenal price and packages offered.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had tickets for the Ballet Swan Lake and we decided to stay at the AC Milano because I usually stay at Marriott Hotels .We stayed one night .The check in was quick and efficient .The staff were friendly and helpful .The room was clean and modern. The Hotel is situated about 15 minutes taxi drive to the Scala .The only downfall was the parking ,I paid 22 Euros but the underground parking is not the greatest I have parked in .The way is very narrow and its very difficult to drive down ,looking at the marks and paint on the walls a lot of cars have been scraped .The hotel have stuck rubber mats on the walls to help prevent damage on the cars.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David H
Reviewed 4 May 2014

What a great hotel in Milan! Stayed 2 separate times over the course of our trip. Hotel is walking distance to Garibaldi Station and has tram service right there. Perfect for going to explore the Duomo, Corso Como, and all the other sites in the city. Luigi and Veronica at the desk were very helpful and friendly. We arrived both times before noon and we were promptly checked-in. Only drawback is the A/C was not turned on in the building. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris J
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Very convenient (5-10 minute walk) to the Garibaldi train station and a fairly easy tram ride to the main area of interest to tourists. Staff were very pleasant and helpful and allowed us to check in upon arrival at 9 am, which was perfect for a quick nap and shower before hitting the sites. Room was comfortable and my only issue was that I had poor cell and data service and no free wifi.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple