“Not provided with IMPORTANT information regarding taxi strike!”
Review of AC Hotel Milano

AC Hotel Milano
Ranked #97 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Having never had a problem at a Marriott hotel before--disappointing! Keep in mind the airport is 45 minutes away! We are Marriott Silver Members and stayed in this hotel one night before flying out of Milan. We spoke with the desk clerk the night before about getting a cab to the airport the next morning, and asked if we needed to call ahead. We were told to come downstairs a few minutes before we needed the taxi, and the front desk would call and the taxi would arrive in 4-5 minutes. So that is what we did. WRONG! Taxi strike! "Sorry you will have to take the train!" Which wouldn't be a problem EXCEPT it was hot (92 degrees) and we had not planned on being hot and sweaty before reaching the airport for our 9 hour flight home! We had experienced a "transportation strike" while in Rome (after purchasing the ROMA pass which covers transportation ; ) except during a strike! I understand this is quite common in Italy, but at least in Rome, the hotel (not a Marriott property) had the common decency to post the information the night before on the door! VERY disappointed! Never again! Another reason my money will be spent in another European country next time!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sara M, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Gwen A.,
Thank you very much for you review!
I’d like to send you my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you might have experience due to taxi strike.
Unfortunately, as you noticed, taxi strikes are unavoidable and above all unpredictable.
Taxi drivers do not inform previously the potential clients, because all they want to do is to create confusion and inconveniences.
When there’s a strike of the public transportation (subway, buses and trams) the City Council informs all the residents at least with one week of advance.
Subways, buses and trams are part of a public company and so the information of the strike is public, too.
In this case we inform all our guests with a leaflet at the reception desk so they have time to re-organize their schedule.
On the contrary, taxi drivers belong to a private company and they do not give any previous notice of strikes.
It means we weren’t aware of the strike previously.
I hope that apart from this inconvenience at departure, your stay has been enjoyable and you’d like to stay again at our hotel in the near future.
Kindest regards from All Ac Milano Staff.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel when I was attending a conference at the Fiera Milano Congressi Center. The location of the hotel was perfect to get to the congress center. Bus # 37 which stops just at the back of the hotel brings you in less than 8 min. to the bus stop Domodossola and from there it is a 5 min walk to the congress center. The AC hotel is much nicer than any hotel around the conference center. The close proximity to the Garibaldi train station is also very convenient if you need to catch the Malpensa Airport express for a morning flight to the US or elsewhere. My room was great; very nice design and comfortable bed. However, there is no coffee/tea maker in the room and the TV set is difficult to operate; fuget about that one. The staff at the reception desk is very friendly and gives you plenty of suggestions and advice. You need to ask them how to get the bus ticket ; it's a bit complicated in Italy. Breakfast buffet was ok; typically Italian style. Nice restaurants just around the corner and in the neighborhood towards Corso Sempione. My favorite one is an Osteria on the other side of the Garibaldi station.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very nice, modern hotel. Recently upgraded. Adjacent to Garibaldi train station, literally a 5 minute walk. Not very close to central Milan attractions such as The Duomo, but transportation is nearby in form of metro and above ground trolleys. I would not recommend location if you were in town more than a couple of days and intended to spend a lot of time "downtown". Staff was friendly and helpful. Excellent restaurant on site and there was another around corner, but not much else. You probably wouldn't spend much time around the hotel. No pool and don't think they had a gym.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob M
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is located a very short walk to the Garibaldi train station and metro stop. Getting anywhere in the city could not have been easier. Within a short walking distance was a great street with several fun restaurants.

The Concierge desk was super helpful for all needs. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast buffet was delicious.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Russ C
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Hotel is very centrally-located (just a few yards) to the Milan Garibaldi train station (keep in mind that this train station is NOT the Milan Centrale train station, but we obtained a train from the Lake Como area to the Garibaldi train station and also a train from the Garibaldi train station to Stresa/Lake Maggiore). The hotel is also located just a 50-yard walk to the nearest tram stop and about a 150-yard walk to the nearest subway. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rate was an outstanding value for 4-star hotels in Milan. You are about a 15-minute tram ride away from the Duomo, the Galleria, and La Scala Opera House, and two stops from the Milan Centrale train station, so you are a short distance from the "heart" of Milan, but in a 4-star modern hotel. We enjoyed an upgraded beautiful, large corner room on the 16th floor, which I would highly recommend. The breakfast was "adequate" with enough choices provided at their breakfast buffet, but there were no "made-to-order" food items as many full-service Marriott hotels provide. This hotel provides free WI-FI for Marriott Platinum Elite members, as do all Marriott hotel properties.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. I had an issue with the Air Conditioning the first night as it was blowing warm air not cold air when I turned on the AC unit. In the morning, I asked for the AC to be looked at while we were out of the room for the day. When we came back to the room the AC was still warm. l called the front desk to ask for maintenance to come up. Maintenance came to the room and said there was nothing they could do as that was as cold as the AC gets.
I was disappointed that we had to sleep in a hot room so I asked for the window to be opened as it was screwed shut. The next morning (day 2) we went out of the room for the day. I had the do not disturb sign on the door and when we returned the usual note was in front of the door saying that the room was not cleaned due to the due not disturb sign. Once I entered the room I noticed the room was very hot and the AC was turned off which I had not done. I was very upset that someone came in my room after I left for the day and turned off my AC. Luckily all my valuables were on me & in the safe as the hotel staff still enters room dispute the do not disturb sign being on the door.

I guess the AC Marriott staff enters rooms even though there is a do not disturb signs on the door to turn off guests air conditioning units or to snoop. I was very disturbed that my room was entered when I specifically had the do not disturb sign on the door. Luckily I had my valuables locked up otherwise who know what would have been taken

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lizzie217
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel 2 days ago. A very average hotel.
The Pros:
5. Railway station is 100 meter away

The Cons:
1. No complimentary of WiFi in the room
2. No complimentary drinking water in the room
3. Lack of basic items in the room like sanitary bag, water boiler, slipper to name a few
4. Subway station is approx 300-400 meter further away from railway station