Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan
Chateau Monfort(Milan)
US$243
US$226
  • Pool
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$125
US$121
US$115
Melia.com
US$106
US$87
2,120 results
All reviewscity centrea business class roomswimming poolgreat hoteltram stoppoor locationtram takesupgraded to a suiteresidential areapublic transportsteam roomnumber tramrain showerhotel is locatedreception staffper dayan upgrade
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We chose this hotel on price for room only and were delighted. We were using this hotel as a base for our short visit to Milan and would return again. It's probably the best accommodation we have had for the price.
Our main criteria is a clean room, with a large comfortable bed and a great shower which were all excellent. Quietness and privacy was also a bonus. The only downside was the room temperature which is far too warm but turning it off resolved this.
If you want to eat out then check out the L'Immagine bistrot nearby. We ate there twice at out of 3 nights. If you just want a quick bite then the Turkish Kebabs (on the way to L'Immagine) are great. We didn't have breakfast (as we wanted to get the most out of our days) but if you are happy with a doughnut these can also be bought nearby.
If you stay here then you really do need to plan your travel into Milan well. The staff at the front desk are great with help for this. There is the choice of the No58 bus, the No12 tram or the S5/S6 train from the station. We took the bus but got stuck in the Milan traffic. Our advice would be to get the train, there is one about every 20mins even on sunday. Get on/off at Repubblica metro to keep things simple. Also, the station at Villapizzone seems a bit remote but we had no problems.
Finally, if you are there on a Sunday there is a massive street market at the end of the road, just turn right out of the hotel!

Room Tip: We had a room on the street side on the third floor and would ask for this again
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I had a great stay with Radisson Blu Milan this past weekend.
I arrived late and wet, and right after I checked in, I found that my shower wasn't functioning properly (luke warm water and poor drainage). I called down to request a different room. The night manager was friendly and said she would send a colleague up immediately. Within 2 minutes, I was ushered to a different room on the same floor and everything was working (except the bathroom scale!).

The breakfast was really good, with a wide variety of baked things, hot and cold buffet. On the second morning I requested pancakes, which were superb.

Seeing as it was a very rainy weekend, and my mood was somewhat impacted by being wet all the time, I found the (slightly heated) swimming pool a great treat. It has a glass roof over it, so you can see what's going on outside (weather-wise) while lounging in the pool. Also, the steam room, sauna and gym was nice to use.

About the location and a tip for public transport: Yes, it is 20-30 minutes away on tramline 12. The neighborhood isn't half bad, just a normal residential area. Yes, it feels like a 90 minute trip on the tram, as it stops at each stop, and then again at each traffic light inbetween each stop. But on my second day I tried Villapizzone Train station (instead of tram). It's honestly just a 5 minute walk from the hotel (compared to a 1 minute walk to the tram station), and the train journey to Garibaldi or Repubblica or Central last between 5-8 minutes. Easy!

The hotel ran out of day passes (€4,50) and I had to venture to the nearest Tabacco shop to buy one, which was fine. But you can also buy them at the train station if you're going that way. Please note: I arrived late at night, and my tram was old - no speaker system to say which station is next. The windows were all fogged up, and although I did ask the driver to direct me to my stop, he forgot. Therefore, I realized 3-4 stops too late that things looked wrong. I had to take a tram back to the hotel's stop.

I will definitely return when I visit Milan again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here in October; 2 couples for 2 nights. The hotel cannot be faulted, the rooms are big and the bathrooms must be the most spacious in Italy!

The tram is a few steps away & it takes you into the city centre in a scenic 20 mins. Small local caves are great & being slightly outside, it is peaceful. It's more residential than business area.

Only one big issue; my friend left his suit jacket in the wardrobe. He has telephoned and emailed & been told that they have the jacket yet it has not been sent. They continue to promise & waste his time.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank triptime2012
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stayed for a long weekend at the end of September and the hotel was excellent 4* value for money particularly as it was fashion week. Only complaint is that we left a jacket in the hotel at the end of the stay and despite having e-mailed and spoken to a member of staff, there is no sign of the jacket. Disappointing service that would put us off staying there again. Irish Couple

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Stayed here on business for 4 nights. Location is pretty poor, in a run-down part of Milan some distance from any attractions of note. But the hotel itself is not bad, Rooms are spacious and clean and reasonably well appointed. Wifi was included in the room rate.

The breakfast buffet is good (but at 25 Euros it ought to be) and a nice surpise about the hotel is indeed the resturant which is friendly and serves up some quality meals (a good thing as there isn't a decent alternative nearby). Bar is friendly too. Front desk staff are efficient, but not particularly welcoming. All is all OK for business, but probably not tourists.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business