“Very nice hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan
Ranked #43 of 428 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I went on a 4 day City Break to Milan and booked this hotel. I wasn't disappointed at all...this hotel was perfect and right in the city centre with a Metro next to the door. Was cleanand all the staff i came across were helpful and the rooms were great.

The Breakfast was excellent as well with a large selection.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chelsea W
RadissonBLUMilano, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Thank you very much for your review.

I appreciate the fact you have taken the time to comment about us, and I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay in all areas, room and restaurant services.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Our room was upgraded to a suite because of late arrival. The suite was perfect and the hotel staff was very polite.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CYChang
RadissonBLUMilano, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this review. I am very happy you have enjoyed your stay and I do hope to welcome back you very soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I discovered this hotel when I was living in the area and was looking for a place to have relatives stay when they would come to visit. The hotel was actually opened years ago with different ownership and I am happy to report that Radisson's takeover a few years ago made me curious to know if certain things (particularly the service level) improved.

The structure itself remains true to its original, modern, asian inspired decor. Clean, comfortable and spacious rooms with a few signs of aging (key scratched panels in the elevator, poor water drainage in the shower) but, overall, a very elegant property. Great breakfast buffet for those who are interested. The restaurant is pricey for lunch or dinner which is odd, considering the location. Clearly an attempt to capitalize on the guests of the hotel as no one from the local area would ever eat there.

I booked a special B&B rate of 75 Euro, which is a fair price for this property. The rate was low (relatively speaking) only because of the dates during which I stayed (Christmas to New Year...not a peak travel time to Milan). In any event, I would not pay more than 100-125 Euro per night, regardless of dates, because of the location. There is conveniently located public transportation next to the hotel but the time associated with arriving to the city center (approx. 30 minutes) is, at least for me, more valuable.

The service was improved since the property was taken over by Radisson even if some of the original members of the hotel staff remain. One woman actually remembered me and my dog from my parent's original stay 6 years ago. I was impressed.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your review.

I am very happy to read you have found this hotel changed in terms of service level since Radisson BLU took over the management of this property. This comment demostrate how Radisson BLU make sure to delivery the promise in terms of service,.Service is the core of our objectives.

I hope to welocme you back soon in Milan.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

I have been a few business trips to Milan so far the hotels experience have not been good vs vlaue for money.THis hotel is simply oustanding and my family have given high praise for it.It may take bit long to reach city center but once you are in the hotel its like your own Oasis.The room is modern and spacious for European and so does the huge bathrooms.I truly would recommend this hotel for those looking for value for money in this pricy Milano .
The breakfast have variety range of offering and very fresh.
I wish my company pick this hotel in our corporate list but my family is indeed a very satisfied customer.
Milan was our transit point for our Italian Spring Break

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Rashdan R

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this lovely comment.

I am grateful you have wrote such a nice words to us but over the top I am very happy to read that you and your family have enjoyed the stay.

In case your company would make an agreement with us will be a pleasure to talk about this possibility.

Looking forward to welocme you back

General Manger

Reviewed 1 January 2012

The hotel all in all is good. The rooms are really beautiful and very spacious, very clean, each room has two bathrooms, one for regular use and one for people with special needs. The greatest remark for the room was that it was FREEZING. And this not coming only from me, we were four couples and everyone said the same. There was central heating, and i would put the temperature to 29 C but it was still very cold. Also the water in the pool was cold and the sauna could not achieve high temperature. The location of the hotel is also a negative thing, it is not in the center, and there isn't anything in the surrounding like a bar or supermarket. Oh, another strange things was that at the arrival at the reception we had to pay upfront and leave a deposit of 50 euro per day (they don't take passports as insurance), so if you don't have any extra money they are just freezing your money.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
RadissonBLUMilano, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry you suffered the cold in the room, this is not normal, a fact is that January has been the coldest month since years.
Regarding the request of the cash, we do ask it, when Guest does not provide credit card at check in in order to guarantee the possible extras, money that we refund in case guest does not have any consumption, this policy is adopted worldwide, I am sorry if you found it strange.

I hope to welocem you back in Milano

With Best Regards

Reviewed 28 December 2011

Very nice rooms and public areas in a reltively poor location far from everything. Still, if You value a spacious and modern room in a hotel with an excellent restaurant, a nice pool, great conference facilities and a nice bar, then this is a good choice !

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review.

I am grateful you found the time to write such a beautiful comment about our hotel and services, this is much appreciated.

I look forward to welcome you back in Milan will be a pleasure to meet you personally.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 December 2011

The hotel itself is nice looking with a boutique touch but the service is poor and if your are looking to venture out of the hotel by foot to find some nice restaurants and shops you will be disappointed since the surroundings are mostly residential and quite dull. Service is overall poor e.g. the reaction to my non-smoking room smelling heavily of smoke was to send up a lady to spray the room with some anti-odor spray leaving the room smelling like someone returning from a night out (heavily of perfume and smoke) and I had to talk to the manager to get a new room. Further they have the strangest system for borrowing ironing boards (since they don't have them in the rooms), you have to call them to get one and then call them so that they can pick them up (which is not ideal if you arrive late and have to sit and wait for them coming before you can go to bed in the evening like in my case the first nigh) and apparently there were to few of the ironing boards so in the morning you could not get one.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to read that the staff did not meet your expectations when you complaint about the cigarette smell in the room, we should have changed the room immediately.
Thje location of the hotel sure it is not central we are 10 minutes from Duomo square, but surely it is a residential areas, this most of the time it is appreciate from our guest for the paceful stay.

I am gald you found the hotel clean and I do hope to welocme you back on your next trip to Milano