Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Berlino(Milan)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,106 results
All reviewscity centrea business class roomswimming poolgreat hoteltram stoppoor locationtram takesupgraded to a suiteresidential areapublic transportsteam roomnumber tramrain showerhotel is locatedreception staffper dayan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Location - from Milano Centrale is a 15 euro ride past 9pm (there is a surcharge for taxis at night), from Duomo in the day is around 13 euro. The no. 12 tram (each ticket costs 1.5 eur, it can be purchased from the hotel, a tabacchi or the metro station, but note that the tram driver does not sell it!) gets you from the hotel to Duomo in about half an hour. It is convenient to get back to the hotel from town as well as the tram runs till around 2am, and the commuters on the tram don't look dodgy.

Hotel and room - very modern, spacious and relatively clean room, bits of hair in the bathroom left from previous guests.

Price - very reasonable at 80 EUR a night, still good value even if you commute by taxi.

If my comments on the hotel are limited to the above, the hotel would have deserved a "very good" rating, but read on -

Staff - worst part about this hotel. Management needs to train their staff adequately!

1) The "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door was ignored in its entirety. We left the room in the morning making sure that the DND sign was on, so that no one would touch our things. We came back from sightseeing and were horrified to see our beds made and our clothes folded etc. The DND sign was still intact on the door! Whilst most guests like the cleaning service, not everyone does, and they have every right to deny it! It is intrusive behaviour when you go in uninvited. I called reception to complain about this and request that they do not let that happen the next day - staff just said "of course" but had not apologized. I walked down to reception the next day, repeated my experience to make sure that my message is clearly communicated - funny that the staff mistook my complaint and said to me, as if I was really stupid - "If you put on a DND sign, of course the housekeeping would not come in", I rolled my eyes and said "Yes, but the thing is the housekeeper came in!".

2) We left our luggages at the hotel upon check-out to do more sightseeing. The luggage handling staff was not nice at all. I saw two rows of luggages stowed right behind the entrance of the hotel, not knowing whether those were luggages left there by guests in the waiting lounge or by the hotel (that is, since it didnt look too secure, I was wondering whether our luggages were going to be kept there as well or if it is going to a designated storage room), I politely asked the staff "Where do you store the luggages?" to which he answered "Why?" I thought he did not understand English so I said "Where?" and he repeated "Why?" and I knew right there that he didn't want to bother with my query, so I just said "Ok never mind". This left me wondering whether I had asked an illegitimate question, but my conclusion is, I don't think it is wrong to make inquiries when you have any question, because if anything should happen, you only have yourself to blame for not being well-informed. I am still baffled why this simple question bothered him so much. I had stayed in 4 hotels and 1 B&B in this Italy trip, and I have yet to encounter one hospitality staff as unwelcoming as this.

3) This is just a comment and not a complaint. Reception staff offer adequate service but lack initiative. They do not volunteer tourist information or maps so you would need to know the right questions and information to ask in order to get helpful responses. Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that the hotel is a business-oriented one and not a tourist-oriented one.

Aside from its people though, I enjoyed the stay at this hotel, just hope to see improvement in its staff should I revisit Milan.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MJontheroad2011
RadissonBLUMilano, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear Guest Thank you for your review.

I duly took note of your comments and I am sorry if the staff did not give you a positive impression, one of our strenghs is the staff, but still, trough value feedback we can improve.

I can see you left the Do Not Disturb but still the room was cleaned and you found your clothes folded and you were horrified by this, I will reinforce the do not disturb procedures, it may happen that Guest forget the sign of the not disturb, they come back and find the room not cleaned.

Of course we do have the luggage room and this is the area were luggage are stored and this is the answer you should have received.Security is a very important area for us, this is a reason why we do have a security department present in the hotel 24h a day.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed the stay at this hotel and I do hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Cheap Hotels in New Delhi offer hospitality to all guests moving. These hotels have different packages for each type of tourists. The services provided by hotels touched true and loyal attitude.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sweta143
RadissonBLUMilano, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I noticed that it is addressed at hotel in New Dehli, so you may want to rewrite it to the appropriate hotel, I am sure they will like your positive comments.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just came back from Milan. We stayed at this lovely hotel. It's great. Very friendly staff, great spacious rooms, clean - even the show is to die for!
It is located a bit out of the centre but don't worry. There are trams, buses and a train - so, it's really easy to get in to town any time of the day.
Enjoy Milan!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
RadissonBLUMilano, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review and kind comments.

I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and I will ensure your comments are passed on to all the team.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at the Radisson BLU Milan.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Attended a conference at the hotel and spent two nights. I was very happy with the level of service and attentive staff. The room was spacious, quiet and clean. Tried out the gym, which was better than average. The best part of the stay was actually the restaurant, which was surprisingly good for a hotel. Only drawback was the distance to the city center, but the hotel rate justified a roundtrip or two with taxi so it was not much of a problem. As for the conference at the hotel, the meeting room was perfect for 30 people, and the service offered from the hotel during the conference was impeccable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank NorwegianViking74
RadissonBLUMilano, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear Guest,

I am very glad about your review and very happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel in all services area.
I will defintely share this review with my staff and we all looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I have experience of hotels in Italy are not so high standard as elsewhere. I might be wrong or then I have had bad luck with hotels in Italy. Radisson Blu is good quality but the location is not the best. If you are attending a conress in MiCo, as I did, then the location is quite good. Public transportation is not an option but you can either walk 2,5 km or then take a taxi.

Rooms are quite spacious, clean and very simpy decorated. Bed is comfy and so are the pillows. Air conditioning was not working (they are limiting it's use because of pollution in Milan). But I was sleeping the balcony door open. Area is so peaceful that you can't hear any noice from the streets.

Breakfast is superb. And staff was very helpful. The only negative thing is that there's long way to city center. But it's ok if you know it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for you review.

Thank you for completing a review on your recent visit to our hotel.I appreciate the fact you spent good time with us, and you have enjoyed the service level. In Radisson BLU hotels we love mantain our promise in delivering the 100% Guest Satisaction and I am glad we did with you.

Looking forward to welocme you back

General Maanger