“Great Hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan
Ranked #43 of 428 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The building is modern,and the room spacious with new furniture,clean and quiete.Bed and pillows are really comfy.Room service was quick and of a good quality.
The buffet breakfast is fantastic.Good restaurant.The staff gave me a positive impression.
Price very reasonable.
The hotel is located a bit out of the centre,but there are tram stops really close.
Out of the hotel is extremely difficult to find someone who speaks English. But I have found 100 meters away (in square Pompeo Castelli) a convenience store (Astarita-vision optics) that sells cameras, phones and glasses and the kind owner Marco, who speaks English, helped me with directions and recommended places to see. He also repaired immediately reading glasses!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank annixMilano

Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed here just 4 days back and would recommend this to anybody who is familiar with Milan. The Hotel is in a residential area on Tram Line ( Takes 20 mins to the city center , Duomo Area). The Room are great, modern, decently sized. The Location is not too easy to reach to, so u need to either take a train to Central Station and then a taxi or directly a taxi from the apt.

We were surprised to find such a good hotel at this price in Milan.

If u are willing to travel by Tram, Metro , then this is an excellent hotel, even though not in main Milan.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vishal C
RadissonBLUMilano, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, I am glad to hear you enjoyed the stay and the service.

For your next visit, please consider the Villapizzone station, 2 minutes from the hotel, with this station your reach the city centre in 7/8 minutes

I am looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I spent a weekend with my family, staying in a standard room. Overall, although the hotel has very interesting and modern enterior (exterior is basic and boring, like the whole neighbourhood), it does lack some character. Not all the staff members were with Radisson's "Yes I can" approach. The room was hugh enough, with nice and new firniture. The rooms are really clean, although we had few ants on board. Ridiculously expensive breakfast (25 EUR per person). Boring neighbourhood, although close to tram 12 stop to central Milano and Milano Villapizzone railway station from which you can board frequent and cheap services to Milano Reppublica and then by metro line 3 to Duomo. We've also visited their spa center. Nicely decorated, but with cold pool water, so cold we couldn't get in with our little boy. Generally, the hotel could be much better with some soul enrichment tactical activities...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry for the fact you found the cold pool water, we have immediately resolved the problem.

Regarding the area, we are in residential one, as you have seen very easy to reach and very quite.

If you may come back to Milan please let me know, would be a pleasure to have more feedback regarding the Yes i can attitude and the areas where you did not find it.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Great 4 star hotel with close to 5 star amenities - would definitely stay here again. Only problem is location as its about 30 mins from the city center by car.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank dianaSwitserland
RadissonBLUMilano, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice review.

I am happy to read your comment and happy to be rated as 5 star.

Regarding the location I would like to give you some tip if you may come back to us; we are 6 km from city centre, The Duomo, and we are connected either via Tram, 50 meters from the hotel, either with Villapizzone Station, with this connection in 3 stops you reach Porta Venezia and Central station, travelling in Milano with car is always quite challenging, so I suggest you use our internal garage and take the pubblic transportation to reach city centre.
Thank you again for your review and I am looking forward to welcome you back

Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Location - from Milano Centrale is a 15 euro ride past 9pm (there is a surcharge for taxis at night), from Duomo in the day is around 13 euro. The no. 12 tram (each ticket costs 1.5 eur, it can be purchased from the hotel, a tabacchi or the metro station, but note that the tram driver does not sell it!) gets you from the hotel to Duomo in about half an hour. It is convenient to get back to the hotel from town as well as the tram runs till around 2am, and the commuters on the tram don't look dodgy.

Hotel and room - very modern, spacious and relatively clean room, bits of hair in the bathroom left from previous guests.

Price - very reasonable at 80 EUR a night, still good value even if you commute by taxi.

If my comments on the hotel are limited to the above, the hotel would have deserved a "very good" rating, but read on -

Staff - worst part about this hotel. Management needs to train their staff adequately!

1) The "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door was ignored in its entirety. We left the room in the morning making sure that the DND sign was on, so that no one would touch our things. We came back from sightseeing and were horrified to see our beds made and our clothes folded etc. The DND sign was still intact on the door! Whilst most guests like the cleaning service, not everyone does, and they have every right to deny it! It is intrusive behaviour when you go in uninvited. I called reception to complain about this and request that they do not let that happen the next day - staff just said "of course" but had not apologized. I walked down to reception the next day, repeated my experience to make sure that my message is clearly communicated - funny that the staff mistook my complaint and said to me, as if I was really stupid - "If you put on a DND sign, of course the housekeeping would not come in", I rolled my eyes and said "Yes, but the thing is the housekeeper came in!".

2) We left our luggages at the hotel upon check-out to do more sightseeing. The luggage handling staff was not nice at all. I saw two rows of luggages stowed right behind the entrance of the hotel, not knowing whether those were luggages left there by guests in the waiting lounge or by the hotel (that is, since it didnt look too secure, I was wondering whether our luggages were going to be kept there as well or if it is going to a designated storage room), I politely asked the staff "Where do you store the luggages?" to which he answered "Why?" I thought he did not understand English so I said "Where?" and he repeated "Why?" and I knew right there that he didn't want to bother with my query, so I just said "Ok never mind". This left me wondering whether I had asked an illegitimate question, but my conclusion is, I don't think it is wrong to make inquiries when you have any question, because if anything should happen, you only have yourself to blame for not being well-informed. I am still baffled why this simple question bothered him so much. I had stayed in 4 hotels and 1 B&B in this Italy trip, and I have yet to encounter one hospitality staff as unwelcoming as this.

3) This is just a comment and not a complaint. Reception staff offer adequate service but lack initiative. They do not volunteer tourist information or maps so you would need to know the right questions and information to ask in order to get helpful responses. Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that the hotel is a business-oriented one and not a tourist-oriented one.

Aside from its people though, I enjoyed the stay at this hotel, just hope to see improvement in its staff should I revisit Milan.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MJontheroad2011
RadissonBLUMilano, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear Guest Thank you for your review.

I duly took note of your comments and I am sorry if the staff did not give you a positive impression, one of our strenghs is the staff, but still, trough value feedback we can improve.

I can see you left the Do Not Disturb but still the room was cleaned and you found your clothes folded and you were horrified by this, I will reinforce the do not disturb procedures, it may happen that Guest forget the sign of the not disturb, they come back and find the room not cleaned.

Of course we do have the luggage room and this is the area were luggage are stored and this is the answer you should have received.Security is a very important area for us, this is a reason why we do have a security department present in the hotel 24h a day.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed the stay at this hotel and I do hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Cheap Hotels in New Delhi offer hospitality to all guests moving. These hotels have different packages for each type of tourists. The services provided by hotels touched true and loyal attitude.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sweta143
RadissonBLUMilano, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I noticed that it is addressed at hotel in New Dehli, so you may want to rewrite it to the appropriate hotel, I am sure they will like your positive comments.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just came back from Milan. We stayed at this lovely hotel. It's great. Very friendly staff, great spacious rooms, clean - even the show is to die for!
It is located a bit out of the centre but don't worry. There are trams, buses and a train - so, it's really easy to get in to town any time of the day.
Enjoy Milan!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
RadissonBLUMilano, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review and kind comments.

I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and I will ensure your comments are passed on to all the team.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at the Radisson BLU Milan.