“Best hotel stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best hotel stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

I spent 5 days at the Radisson Blu in Milan with my daughter. I can not say enough good things about this hotel and the staff. Everyone spoke English and/or was very tolerant at my attempts to speak Italian. And they were so gracious to my family who came to visit us in the hotel.The hotel was modern and beautiful. The free breakfast was wonderful. They gave me a free umbrella when it rained and they called a doctor when my daughter got sick. The doctor came to the hotel in less than an hour, spoke perfect English and wrote a prescription for medicines. And everyone seemed genuinely interested in her welfare. It was so easy to take a tram anywhere you wanted to go. And they sold tram tickets at the front desk. So easy!
I would go back again in a minute!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott S
RadissonBLUMilano, Direttore generale at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Your comment "Best Hotel Stay" pays back all our effort we at the Radisson BLU Milan put in our daily business, thank you very much

We are all looking forward to welcome you back

Massimo Supino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while attending a conference at the Milano Conference centre.
The hotel is all good, or rather excellent, from rooms to service, from breakfast to amenities.

But beware. While it may be close to the autostrada the hotel is 30+ min from the city centre (cathedral) by tram. Until a new line is opened there is no metro (subway) line anyway nearby. The neighbourhood is gruff and really un- charming which made me wonder why they had chosen this location for a great hotel. Even to the conference centre (which - by the way- strangely has no metro station either, like their equivalent in say Paris or Barcelona have) it is a rather lengthy trip, by tram and walking.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Kurt M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read the area "rather excellent" .
Regarding the location we are 10 minutes from city centre, 4 stops with Villapizzone train and in a very quite area.
I am looking forward to welcome you back

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Stayed for husbands 40th, great price as booked early, staff so friendly and reception made our stay so easy as they were so informative and helpful. Yes it's not central but transport is easy and makes it more of an adventure. Restaurant expensive but the food was lovely. Sons of the reviews worried me but I gave to say I would come back again for sure.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Ashley M
RadissonBLUMilano, Direttore generale at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Dear Guest,

"Great stay" comment is just music for us, thank you very much for having take the time to write such a lovely words

We all looking to welcome you back

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I had a lovely treat from the boyfriend for a trip to Milan and we were given a few different hotels to choose from the package. After reading from reviews on Tripadvisor, I thought it was best to go with Raddison Blu. I was a bit wary because there were some comments about the hotel being far out, but in reality, I think those people were just lazy! I live in London and it takes me 15 minutes to get to Central so this was no different in distance with the trams. The room was lovely and big and was very homey. Enjoyed the random TV at night when we came back from central, such as a dubbed Geordie Shore. That was very random. The buffet was great in the mornings. I'm a big breakfast person so the variety was lovely. There's a nice Pizza place called Sara around the corner from the hotel which we were a big fan of for lunches!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vicky C
RadissonBLUMilano, Direttore generale at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy you have found lovely our hotel and the rooms, as well the location, infact with the Villapizzone train you reach the city centre in 4 stops, 10 minutes.

We are vey much looking forward to welcome you back at your next trip to Milan.

With Kind Regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a great break in Milan at this hotel. It is a little way from the centre but no. 12 tram or 57 bus gets you to the centre. We were in room 542 which was lovely. The staff could not be more helpful. The restaurant was nice with a good wine and reasonable food selection - Caesar salad yummy. We also went on a day trip to lake como - really easy to get to by train and really worth it!

One thing watch out for bus trips staying and make sure you don't have breakfast at the same time as it is chaos - not fair on staff and it is just too busy

Also note that if you want sunshine and a bit of sunbathing really is no where to sit.

But on the whole fantastic hotel for a city break in milan

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank joannep2012
RadissonBLUMilano, Direttore generale at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Great location and great staff are wonderful words to us, thank you

We are all looking forward to welocme you back

With best Regards

Ennis, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Blu in Milan the week commencing 20th May. The Hotel was what one would expect from a quality hotel chain such as the Radisson Blu. Staff were very friendly and helpful.Rooms wre exceptionally clean and beds were comfortable. Free access to a PC was provided for travellers to review and print boarding tickets which was very useful. There was a swimming pool ( rather small) , sauna etc. Food in the Restaurant was excellent but very expensive and portions were on the small side . One item which shocked was the price of a toasted ham and Cheese sandwich €14.00 ,! Even if it came with fries this was pushing the limit .

Room Tip: From what I saw all rooms were good. The one thing I would say is that the elevators although numero...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Patrick P
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I am happy to read you have found the rooms exceptionally clean, this is very important to us.
Regarding the prices please be informed that we are very much in line with the market. I hope you could come back and join our program Club Carlson when you will become senior member you have a lot of advantegs including discount on food and beverage.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Upon arrival at the hotel we were told that unfortunately due to booking a double room through Trivago our double room wasn't guaranteed, we were therefore offered a twin room or to upgrade to a business suite at an extra cost, we could then check out the following morning into a double room the remainder of our stay (2 nights). We opted to upgrade for the first night. The following morning we packed our stuff and went down to reception to check out as requested to get our double room, we spoke to a different member of staff who didn't seem to know what we were on about but allowed us to stay in the business suite for the remainder of our stay at no additional cost. This was good, although we didn't understand the rationale.

The room was great, huge comfy bed, separate lounge area, two balcony doors and 2 plasma tvs. The only downside was the shower kept switching from hot to cold - quite frustrating.

Breakfast was ok - quite a large selection but not really to my standard/taste.

Pool area was slightly disappointing, although I knew beforehand that the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi was in the changing rooms so I couldn't go in them with my boyfriend they were out of use during our visit. The pool was rather cold for me so I didn't end up going in at all.

The restaurant served good food, however the waiting staff were terrible, came across rude and uninterested, forgot many of our drinks and didn't attend to us at all. The bar was nice, the bar man friendlier and you got some free nibbles with your drinks.

The concierge/door man was very attentive. On a rainy day he ran after us down the street to deliver us an umbrella which we were very greatful for.

Upon checkout there was some confusion over the room and the charges which I expected but in the end we only had to pay the extra upgrade for one night.

Location was good for us as it was close enough to the centre, we just hopped on and off the trams during the day, they were very frequent and cheap, and used taxi's at night time, the taxi's were expensive.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DiceW
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy you have enjoyed your city break. I can see quite some interesting and helpful feedback wich I will all address and action

I am very much looking forward to welcome you back