“Not worthwhile”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro Storico
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Our last night in Italy, we decided to make it special by eating here. Reaallyy disappointed. The service was great and I think that's worth paying for, but the appetizer and entrees were not that great. The desserts were the best, but that was about it. He loves using passion fruit on everything and his textures were off. Over-priced, not inspiring. Would've been better to eat at a local smaller restaurant. True bummer. Save your dough and eat somewhere else. Yuck!

8  Thank Esther L
Write a ReviewReviews (2,182)

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The service is adequate to the bill, the food is good but normal with no distinctive touch. Lots of noise for nothing!

5  Thank Giancarlo1957
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I don't have any pros to tell about this restaurant. I have been to many Michelin starred restaurants and this one doesn't deserve to be one. I have booked with 2 months in advance and our table was terrible, staff wasn't nice at the beginning, nobody explained the menu or the wine list, they left us with no wine during the wine pairing with tasting menu, we complaint and the service got better, but the food wasn't good, and in the end the bill was wrong. We had only 1 night in Milan and we could have done much better for a lot less money. This restaurant should be downgraded! By the way when we asked for the manager the sommelier presented himself, I am sorry but for this level of restaurant you can't do both.

6  Thank Vanessa T
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

In summary this was the worst Michelin star let alone 2* I have ever eaten at. In fact if I wasn't saving face for one of the Italian guests accompanying us I would not have paid for the food. My credentials - I dine out in a Michelin * once a week.

My first instinct was right and if we were not 6 I would have walked out - the menu was all over the place for a 2* and when told the lamb and duck were too fatty well those were right offs! Never saw a sommelier but rarely anything under the €100 euro mark and the menu was a blur, very disorganized. The service was spotty and I had to ask for the under plate to be removed as it had been dirty for hours.

The food was bland and not even well presented - ravioli with sweetbreads for €44 - I could hardly see the sweetbreads and this dish was more expensive then anything similar in London! Veal Milanese was a huge disappointment - 3 small fatty cubes which had not taste again for €44.

Unfortunately we had one night to dine at 'the best' and relying on Michelin star rating was a huge let down!

Honestly a morning later I feel like I got robbed - next time I will complain in person and refuse to pay such a substandard meal. I can only hope they will lose their 2* rating to avoid other avid Michelin diner disappointment.

4  Thank jmittle
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a fabulous "... in 10 years" degustation with well matched wines. The setting was clean, modern, formal and yet comfortable. The service was excellent, with only minor room for improvement during the selection of wines and everything else great -- they were very welcoming, attentive, prompt, engaging, friendly, helpful and above all expert as one would expect. The food, which was the clear focus of the experience was not only artfully presented but varied, innovative and extremely flavoursome. We particularly enjoyed the tempura appetisers, the caramelised Russian salad, the salmon sashimi and the rabbit with cod tripe.

We got the opportunity to thank the chef himself and count this as one of the culinary highlights of our time in Italy.

2  Thank alexbrak