“At least stop for a gelato ..”
Review of Savini Caffe

Savini Caffe
Ranked #2,480 of 8,566 Restaurants in Milan
Price range: US$49 - US$306
Cuisines: Italian, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro Storico
Description: Nato nel 1867, in pieno periodo Belle Epoque, situato in Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, il Savini ha avuto e ancora ha per la città lo stesso valore del Duomo e della Scala. Dalla nascita, divenne subito il locale più elegante di Milano, salotto di personaggi importanti, letterati e giornalisti, da G. Verdi, G. Puccini, A. Toscanini, e Filippo Tommaso Marinetti che proprio al Savini lasciò il Manifesto del Movimento Futurista, pubblicato nel 1909 su Le Figaro. Il Savini Ristorante, al primo piano di via Ugo Foscolo, le cui sale allestite tra arredi d’antan e il fascino di una moderna cucina a vista, accolgono ospiti da tutto il mondo, soddisfando esigenze e desideri diversi. Ancora oggi, chi siede al Ristorante Savini può respirare il fascino e l’eleganza di un tempo, sentendosi protagonista della storia immortale di un locale e di un brand riconosciuti in tutto il mondo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had hoped to eat here during our week in Milan but it was full one time and we did not have an opportunity to make reservations and/or come back.
The gelati counter looked enticing so I did stop and order a tiramisu gelato. It was very good but not excellent as I had expected (based on the recommendations that I had gotten for the restauran)t.
The location is excellent. another reason to visit if you want to treat yourself to an expensive meal.

1  Thank rh24
Write a ReviewReviews (1,218)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

my visit 6mths ago , food was excellent.
Maybe dining at the 2nd floor dining room, the service is better.

1  Thank yrtx4e
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I came to Savini with a group of colleagues. The location is great in the gallery right next to the duomo and the food was acceptable. However, the value was really terrible. We were served saffron rice and then had a choice of lasagna or octopus. I had the octopus which was fine but nothing special. What was shocking was the price of everything. THe tiramisu was insipid. We drank wine which was just ok. If you have this kind of budget I think it is better to go to a Michelin star restaurant where the quality of the food will be much better for the price tag.

1  Thank SusiBarton
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This restaurant is for posers who cant' tell a good restaurant from a poor one. The staff is so preoccupied with themselves they should have stayed at home in front of the mirror. They are ignorant, cheeky and incompetent. We dined, and no less than three equally rude waiters served our three courses. They managed to mix it up every single time - a level of ignorance never before experienced. Bottle of "Savini" water was 25 EUR. What a scam! If you want a genuinely good restaurant in the Galleria, go around the corner to the "Galleria Ristorante" in front of the Gucci store. My wife and I went back four times in a few days.

2  Thank Terje T
Silvia B, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Savini Caffe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Sir
Thanks for your review.
We are so sorry that your experience in our Savini Caffé was no good and you found our waiters not so nice like you would. We try to improve our standards of service and we keep on training our staff. Anyway we will continue on this aspects much more.
At the same time, we would like to let you know that in our menu we are proposing a special prestigious selection of water and you ordered the most expensive one. Of course, you was free to order also water much more cheaper.
We are so sorry that you didn’t enjoy but we are so happy to see you again.
Best regards.
Silvia Brussolo
Guest relations
Savini

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Whilst wondering around trying to make a decision on where to eat we happened upon Savini.

We were greeted by a very pleasant waiter and shown to a lovely set on the terrace. My friend went to the toilets and I proceeded to order some still water to get us going! I was presented with a menu which was out of the ordinary, it was an actual book... lovely touch and introduced the chef, concept and dishes really well.

Almost fell off my chair when I realised the bottle of water I had ordered was 26euro!!!! My friend returned and was reached the wine list, opened at a page where 800euro was the general pricepoint... after flicking on a few pages we found a reasonable bottle at 85euro and settled for that.

The selection of options is extensive and we ordered two courses. I had the risotto with frogs legs to start and was really disappointed as I spent most of the time removing the small bones... left half the dish. My friends chicken looked stunning but was probably a 5/10 on taste.

We then shared the king prawn and squid and it was stunning...both of us totally loved this course.

We decided to pass on dessert a we were both quite full.

Lovely surroundings, pleasant staff however mixed feelings on the food. Don't think we would go back though pleasant experience.