“decent stay here” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #208 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Baltimore, Maryland
“decent stay here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

We had a triple room for a few nights stay in Milan. Our room was clean and had space to get around with three-beds, a/c worked well, location for us was excellent, the bed was comfy too! I would recommend a stay here. Prices were good also.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Durham, NH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Given the location, quiet street an easy walk from the main train station and moderate walk to the Duomo, the price should tell you that the hotel is pretty basic. Yet everything was there, and the room was clean. No lift. Only real negative - the walls seemed paper thin. Luckily things were quiet when I was there, but a noisy neighbor would be very noticeable.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Oslo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

I checked into the hotel and it while it wasn't The Ritz, I thought it was more than adequate for one night. The location is walkable to the metro and the central station. The hotel seemed clean enough, and although it was cheaper by Milan standards, I still paid enough for a 1-star hotel. The reviews had been mixed but I've slept in some true dives and I thought it would be fine.

I awoke around 7:00 AM to find that I had about 20-25 small bites around my head, neck, hands and upper torso. When I got out of bed, I found that the sheets had small bits of blood and bugs. I killed a few which only caused more blood to get on the sheets.

There had been a party in my bed and I was hosting. I was annoyed, itchy and slightly sick, but it wasn't the end of the Earth. I didn't get hysterical (they're only bugs) and took the top sheet downstairs to the reception and politely said, "You have bugs." and showed the receptionist the sheet. He said, "Sometimes someone leaves the door open and they get in (they weren't that big!). I'll have the cleaning people spray the bed when they arrive."

That was it. No apology or wow, that's so gross. I wasn't expecting a refund or even a discount, but it was the first time in many, many, many nights at a hotel that I've been bitten by bugs. It seemed the most natural thing in the world for someone to be standing in the lobby with a blood-specked sheet.

I left but two days later I have welts on my face, neck, earlobes and back, and am paranoid that I've brought them home. Yes, I have pictures but frankly they are incredibly gross.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank aquaskaya

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The hotel is in a very good location only 5 minutes from the main rail station. I chose this hotel as they have a 24 hour reception (I arrived late at night). Ask for a map at the front desk. The rooms are very small but clean and renovated within the past couple of years. The bed is as hard as a rock and there was very little daylight coming through the window. The walls are paper thin. I could hear every word of my neighbors on either side. If you are looking for a nice clean cheap place just to sleep, I would highly recommend

• Stayed October 2011
Silver Spring, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

Hotel Nettuno is very convenient to the Milano Centrale train station. It is a 10 minute walk. There are really no frills to this hotel. No breakfast is included and the rooms are not very big. But, we stayed here for its convenience to the train station and also its location in the city. You are really a very short walk to the main part of the city and maybe a 5 minute walk to its nearby metro station of Lima. A note to those who need an elevator...this would not be the place for you. There is no elevator at this hotel. The only other negative I would give is the uncomfortable pillows. They were fairly hard and not at all comfortable. In response to a previous review, we had no problem speaking English with most of the hotel staff (only the early morning staff). Most of the regular staff were extremely accommodating and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have any trouble getting upstairs with luggage, I would request a room up the first flight of...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

I am writing this review to warn other travellers who may be considering to stay at Hotel Nettuno to not bother. I was planning to stay here with a friend and two weeks prior to our stay our plans unfortunately were disrupted and not by choice, we had to cancel our holiday. I called Hotel Nettuno as soon as I found out we would not be able to stay there (ie: 2 weeks prior to my booking, which I believed was a sufficient amount of time and according to the conditions was also sufficient) and the staff assured me that they had cancelled my booking and whilst I could not get back my deposit which was fine, I would not be charged the night's accomodation. After checking my credit card statement the day after we were meant to stay there I had realised I had been charged for the stay and I rang up the staff and they denied having a conversation with me and when I asked them further questions and said I could provide them with the exact date and time and person who I spoke to originally, they began saying they do not understand me as they quote "Do not speak English"!. I sent them an email providing a copy of my phone bill showing the call I made to them and they responded to me three weeks later letting me know that next time I need to cancel my booking to avoid being charged?! Well, let me tell you there will never be a next time! Never would I want to stay at a place where the staff are sneaky and money hungry and try to rip people off. I can completely understand if I had called two days before however seeing as it was 2 weeks and it was peak season I am sure they would have had booked out that room to another person and also pocketed my money!

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank KBee88
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

This place had everything I needed: a clean room where to sleep secure, my own bathroom, WI-FI internet service, an easy location to find and near to Piazza Lima (subway entrance). The rooms are on the second floor. There is not elevator so you have to go upstairs with your heavy luggage.
The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood with grocery stores, cafes, restaurants, even though I found a Burger King (if you like fast food) In general, Hotel Nettuno was a good choice for me!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo