“Terrible experience at a cost!”
Review of Mister Angus - CLOSED

Mister Angus
Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2013

My first visit to this place, my wife and I Had an evening mela with friends on a friday, our friends Had book ed via groupon and Had a set meal at a very Good price, my wife and I decided to go and pay full price as we both love steak and the resterante from outside and inside looked very impressive, and we were very keen to taste the food. I ordered a filetto in a salsa di senape (mustard sauce) and asked for medium, im not a fussy eater and dont like to make a fuss, but they must have covered the steak fillet in at least 1 litre of sauce, when i tasted the steak, i understood why, as the steak fillet was overkooked, tough, and a tasteless piece of meat, and certainly not a qaulity cut for eur26 that i was expecting! My wife Had ordered a fillet, also to be' cooked medium, which it Was, but again, the qaulity of the CUT Was lacking, to say the least!! I paid for 1 antipasto, 2 mixer salads, 2 steak fillets and a dessert a total of Euro 83. Which is fine if you are getting qaulity food. But in my opinion the qaulity of the meat is terrible, and is far better at the roadhouse grill, a steak/burger/meat chain in Milano. Service Was also not great, the man Who served us, Was also working on the cash till for payments, not very freindly, but i gesso with so many people complaining i wouldnt be' happy either. I wont be' going back there again, Milan has far too many wonderful resteraunts to visit, at higher qaulity/price ratios. Give it a miss in my opinion.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Meat not even close to the other Argentinian in Milan. Also the wine selction is poor. We really did not understand how it was crowded despite it

1  Thank FrankMilwaukee
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We went there in the middle of the week because we wanted to enjoy a good Argentinian steak and other specialties.
When we first tried to reserve we got almost unpolite answer. Finally we managed to go there and found a big (actually nice) place with tens of tables, red-bricks walls and big mirrors.
The service was incredibly bad and the food was everything but something deserving to be labeled argentinian. We had empanadas, chorizo, "gran bife". Everything was poor from taste to quantity.
I felt like I wasted my money and time.

Reviewed 22 January 2011

Food is OK. Meat is average, by no means high end Argentinian. Most trattorie would have better meats.
Atmosphere is quite nice. Good music, Nice decoration.
Staff and owner very very nice, helpful professional and friendly
Prices too high for the quality.

Reviewed 3 December 2010

Good meat, the rest on average, empanadas were a bit oily and wine bottles good but expensive above average.
Nice atmosphere for a dinner with friends, personnel polite but unfriendly