“You are their family.”
Review of Il Carpaccio

Il Carpaccio
Reserve with
Il Carpaccio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #983 of 8,161 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Stazione Centrale
Southington, Connecticut
“You are their family.”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Wow. This restaurant was amazing. We visited twice during our three night stay in Milan. The first was for a late night dessert and then we realized how incredible it was so we had to go back for an actual dinner.

The first thing we loved about this restaurant is how welcoming the staff is. They treated us like we were their family. We chatted and laughed and took pictures. We had such a good time! One of my best memories of traveling in Europe. We witnessed a group of young Americans yell at the staff and tell them "WE SPEAK ENGLISH" how terrible and rude considering the staff was speaking English to them.

We ordered the fettucini carbonara which is a classic American choice but it was amazing. We did not regret our choice at all. The dessert was also incredible. They have homemade cheesecakes, tiramisu, apple cakes, etc. All amazing.

Everything was reasonably priced too. We got wine, an appetizer, three meals and desserts for a really good price. Way cheaper than any decent restaurant in America. They also give you a small plate of appetizers at the beginning of your meal and fresh fruit and biscuits at the end of your meal for free.

Beautiful restaurant and incredible people. I definitely recommend.

• Visited June 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Awesome lunch ”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Can't fault this place. From the decor and vibe to complimentary appetizers of roast peppers and tomato style salad to our mains of the Milanese risotto and desert of tiramisu and complimentary biscuits. Waiters also very nice and hospitable. Recommend anyone staying nearby to check it out. English menu available.

Barbados
“Absolutely Blown Away!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Wow, what an amazing restaurant. I was searching Trip Advisor for a nice restaurant near to my hotel (Ibis Milano Centro) and I came across this place which was just a five minute walk away. I was in for a complete treat. A truly authentic Italian trattoria! I had a very light dinner of Spaghetti Carbonara and it was extremely delicious. Service was extremely warm, welcoming and friendly. I truly regret not having found this restaurant earlier in my stay so that I could have had more dinners there. There is a nice display out front of fresh vegetables, fish and some of the starters which I think is a great touch. If in Milan, definitely give Il Carpaccio a try. You will not regret it.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank BGIWorldTraveller
“Wonderful cosy place full of locals”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent atmosphere and service! Very friendly ! The main course could've been better, but the desserts were delicious! The rose wine was tastier than the white one but both were good. Free cookies at the end! The waiter didn't speak English very well but we had fun deciphering each other.

York, United Kingdom
“Best płace in Milan!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful place! My friend and I are fully amazed and impressed by the food, staff and finally the authentic Italian atmosphere! We're directed there by some local people... Couldn't get any better! Food... Gosh just delicious! Very fresh, rich in taste and filling. But again - so good you want to try and eat more... We had the Risotto Milanese and it was absolutely beautiful! We also ate tiramisu and some very nice cake (can't remember the name), on another plate a waiter brought us little 'cookies' with raisins decorated with strawberries. Very nice house wine... Just perfect dining out in Milan!