“Good good!”

Price range: US$24 - US$32
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro Storico
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I must admit that i am not vegetarían but someone mention about this place and since I have nothing in mind I make a detour to try the vecchia latteria. The place is really small and since I had not make a reservation I consider myself lucky to get a table, the young man asked me if I would like to share with another person; this person recommended a risotto-orzo con verdure it was a Large quantity but so good, I was greedy and I also ordered a stir fry mix vegs, also rather good. I did not have room for the dolce which I regret, maybe next time...

1  Thank Marivilly

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Having been in Milan for over a week, as a vegetarian it is a disaster I can tell you!! It seems that all there is out there is meat and cheese!
But this lovely place was amazing for our final night in Milano! The food was really amazing and home cooked! We didn't know but when we went in they had a buffet for €9 which is extremely cheap for the quality and variety of food they served! And it included 1 drink in the same price! Great deal! Wine and vegetarian food!
The owners were hanging around and helping out and the musician made it all complete!
Seriously I can highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have been eating at this place loads of time and I have go say that, for the good and for the bad, there's no other place like this.
I know, it's small and tables are glued to one another. It's definitely old fashioned and not that attractive.
But the kind of food you can taste here is unique. The chef - a lady from Puglia - cooks as if she was cooking for her family and you can taste a variety of dishes all based on vegetables that are really delicious. If you order a "misto forno" you will get a mix of all the dishes prepared for the day, timballi, parmigiana, deep fried vegetables... Any sort of dish and all the way vegetable can be cooked.

They are now also open for the happy hour a couple of times each week, but lunch is definitely my choice!!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Very pleasant vegetarian restaurant with a great variety of dishes. There are large sharing platters, but you'd have to be very hungry to finish one off! The pasta is simple and flavoursome and you can select the pasta shapes and sauce you want.

The place is rather cramped, which adds to the friendly,veggie vibe. The basic,but clean, loo is best avoided.

Lunch for two, less than 100m from the main piazza, was EUR 30 with a little wine.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

While I did seek this out, this assuming restaurant serves the best vegetarian I have ever had.
It was sheer delight eating the generous portions with a hearty wine. You can see it has a following. very friendly staff who also leaves you alone. Home wow cooking by a family,

1  Thank saek